Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

FFS Balrog's new one is terrible. Firstly a command grab, wtf?! and it does feck all damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah it looks pretty bad atm, you could tick from cr. jab easily though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Think it was Killian who kept interrupting Guiles Ultra.

What an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

apparently Rog's new ultra does stun as well, hence crap damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

also note its not at full strength

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah that Ultra looks pretty bad (as bad as Akumas new one... well I'd still like to see if Akumas one can be combo'd), I don't know why any Balrog player would choose it over his current one. I mean his current one is as easy to land and has the bonus of getting the opponent into a corner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Think it was Killian who kept interrupting Guiles Ultra.

What an arsehole.

Remind me to find him and interrupt every word he says by shouting "SOOOONIC-"

for about 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Vega's ultra looks cool.....I just hope you can combo it and use it as effective punish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I actually like 'Rogs new one, the stun and damage can be tweaked with about 20 seconds of work - at least the animation is badass (unlike a fair few we've seen).

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I like the look of Bisons new ultra, like he is ripping his opponents heart out and he sounds cool. Have to see more videos to hazzard a guess how practical it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hondas new Ochio ultra looks like it has fook all start up frames as well.
    Good stuff.

Now give him better tools to get in and use it and I'll be happy

Azza wrote: »
    I like the look of Bisons new ultra, like he is ripping his opponents heart out and he sounds cool. Have to see more videos to hazzard a guess how practical it will be.

I love Guiles new ultrOH LOOK ITS BLOODY BISON RUINING EVERYTHING FOR GUILE AGAIN.

He was just demonstrating to Guile how he killed Charlie :D

He was just demonstrating to Guile how he killed Charlie :D

I dunno... Mech gief is back... it's not too much a jump that this Shadow character is Charlie.

Man... I might have to use a psycho power character...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Someone in the background can be heard saying it does 700 Stun or so

FUUUUU!!!! If that's true, you know what that means. It means every Rog I play as Akuma will pick his 2nd Ultra *godammit* :mad:

Getting Akuma into a corner isn't really an advantage for Rog as he can just coward-copter or TP out of it. But eating 700 stun in one move... that would completely unbalance the matchup. Akuma has the 2nd lowest stun rating in the game at 850.

Imagine how Seth players must feel :D

Good new for Bison players ;) apparantly the low short combo into scissor kick is easier to do now, more frame advanatage. Woot Woot.

For Doctor Doom

Check the minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sagat has a taunt which uses up one bar of meter :confused:

Edit: Also his standing lk is now a two hit move (meaning no more lk xx low tiger shot?)

...and it doesn't even connect!

Can't a fella get no love?

some sort of powerup for damage or speed, hopefully it gives his next move counterhit properties or something

• Advertisement

For Doctor Doom

Check the minute mark.

Don't tease me... broken link :(

I wouldn't worry - you don't even get to see it hit anybody.

Ah, don't worry about it! Just the comp acting up.

It's annoying me these people are the type who'd NEVAR let someone hit them at SF rather than, you know, discover something new and previously undiscovered.

Let's see how big the bloody thing is at least you gits.

animaX wrote: »
    Edit: Also his standing lk is now a two hit move (meaning no more lk xx low tiger shot?)

AAAAAAAH he's reverting to Champ edition Sagat!!!

Ah, don't worry about it! Just the comp acting up.

It's annoying me these people are the type who'd NEVAR let someone hit them at SF rather than, you know, discover something new and previously undiscovered.

Let's see how big the bloody thing is at least you gits.

I'm sure they looked at the ultras, maybe it just didn't get filmed. Personally I much prefer seeing how the ultras interact with other crap in the game than just go "ooh shiny big fireball" but then Gief's second ultra sucked ass so... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I like Abel's Ultra II. Looks like it could be a better tool against Gief. :D

Just a few general things I have read on the shoryuken forum from people who where playing that build of SSF IV. Bare in mind capcom said the old characters are not fully tweaked yet and this version was not the latest build.

General info.
    Game is faster.
    Trades into ultra still exsist.
    Different sound effects on block.

Abel.
    COD is apparantly safe on block but this has to be fully confirmed as some COD's where already safe-ish in SF IV.
    Ultra appears to have armor. Apparantly this ultra is seriously fast and can punish whiffed normals easily. You can apparantly charge his ultra.

Adon.
    Seems particularly strong against Sagat.

Akuma.
    Roundhouse loop is gone.

Balrog (Boxer).
    New ultra the Dirty Bull is a command grab. Appears to have a slow start up time but quick recovery if it misses.
    Apparantly does little damage but does 700 stun.
    Rumor that the amount of Stun is dependent on ultra meter level and that a full ultra is an auto stun.

Bison (Dictator).
    Ultra appears to be a quick headstomp into ultra. Distance controlable like Elf Feurtes. Can be set up with Bisons current ultra set up, i.e. focus attack and hell attack and has good range. Does not require charge. Does not connect if opponent is point blank next to him. Apparantly has full screen range and minimum recovery time. His c.lk links are easier to do.

Blanka.
    The ground version of his new ultra can apparantly punish a hadoken full screen away.
    Upball still does not knock down.
    More push back on electricity.

C.Viper.
    Her new ultra has less sets up and does slightly less damage but if does land it will always fully connect. Does not combo off hp.tk. Only set up so far is ex.seimso sjc.

Cammy.
    Cammys new ultra is a counter ultra like Fei Longs.
    Can be thrown out of her new ultra and it has a very long recovery time if it whiffs, apparantly its really effective against rush punches. Does alot of damage.

Chun Li.
    EX Legs gets more or less hits dependent on how many cr. LK you did before that.
    Her Cr. MK is MUCH better.
    Her St. HK is MUCH slower.
    Several ultra set ups for her.
    Kikosho can combo mid screen from EX Legs
    - Kikosho can combo after up kicks then dash
    - Kikosho can combo after she lands from air target juggle
    - Kikosho can combo after EX SBK in the corner
    - Original Ultra seemed to connect MUCH more consistently from mid screen.
    Conflicting reports on Ex. Spinning Bird Kick
    Hitbox is smaller than in SF 4.
    Ex.SBK is a better set up for ultra than it was in SF IV.

Cody.
    Strong offense and zoning game.
    He can compete with projectile throwers with his rock throw. Rock can be held until you want to fire it.
    Knife is powerful.

Dan.
    Can link into his new ultra by fadc-ing his dp.
    Ultra is safe on block.

Dee Jay.
    Ex. Max Upper Juggles.
    Max Upper is no longer a mash move but reverted back to a charge down up move.
    MK Up Kicks combo into another MK Up Kicks. LK Up Kick does not appear to combo into more Up Kicks.
    Ex.Dread Kicks no longer crumple but knock down instead. Its armour breaking and has a good lot of invincibility frames.
    Jabs combo into his mk sweep.
    His second ultra is similar to his max upper and its motion is similar to Guile and Vega's current ultra.
    His slide is not safe but remains good anti air.
    C.HP is his anti air move.
    His s.hk is different to his ST version and appears to not have as good range.

E.Honda.
    Appears to have recieved a damage buff???
    Hundred Hand Slap is easier to do now.

El Feurte.
    His infinite still works fine.

Fei Long.
    Ex.chicken wing no longer goes throughw fireballs.
    His new ultra is a counter ultra. Works against certain moves only.

Gen.
    Ex.Oga wall dive is no longer invunrable on wake up.
    Oga is much faster. But not as fast as Adons wall dive.
    Hands are said to be easier to do.
    Crane Stance s.mp seems to be slower.
    Gen has his chains back.
    Still can't fadc his roll move.
    His P Stance jump has changed a bunch. He goes much higher than before and his j.MK jump cross up distance is a little further
    Waterfall kick timing has changed.
    Gens second crane ultra is 2xqcb +3P which means you mess it up you end up changing stance.

Gouken.
    New ultra is chargeable. Its blockable when not charged and unblockable when charged. It does a small wall bounce in corners that can set up juggles.

Guile.
    Sonic hurricane goes full screen. Motion is foward back foward back.
    Roundhouse flash kick has more hortizontal range.
    Some of his moves have a bigger hitbox.
    c.mk is currently the same.

Guy.
    Is apparantly ****.
    Has easy chains.
    Shoulder is slow and it doesn't seem to give an advantage on block.
    Hurricane kicks seem pretty good. HK hurricane kick seems like good anti air if done early.
    LK Hurriance kicks seems like a good counter move.

Juri.
    Builds meter very fast. Fireball can be stored and can be fired at different arcs like Gouken. She won't win any fireball wars, her fireball is not too fast. She has good pokes. Her hard punch is a kick and apparantly decent anti air and at point blank range its a launcher. Looks like she has around 900 health.
    Her first ultra is a timed ultra that allows for easy chains and appears to give a damage buff.

Ken.
    His new ultra can absorb a fireball.
    Forward dash appears to be faster.

Rose.
    Can combo into her Soul Throw by fadcing Soul Reflect. Soul Satallite is her new ultra that absorbs hits and can asist her in combo's. Apparantly the floating orbs dissappear if your opponent blocks em. Rose can't use her super when she has Soul Satallite active. Reports differ on number of orbs. Between 2 and 4. Number is possibly dependent on strength of ultra meter.

Ryu.
    HP Dragon punch now hits twice. Can only FADC his hard punch DP after the first hit.
    Seems like a minor damage nerf so that trade into ultra and fadc ultra will do less damage.

Rufus.
    His new Ultra is apparantly great anti air and anti cross over.
    His ultra travels and can catch people who jump back. Goes through fireballs. Not as many set ups as first ultra.
    Ex Snake Strike has been nerfed damage wise.

Sagat.
    Seems like he's got a health and damage output nerf. Tiger Cannon can be connected via fadc-ing a tiger uppercut but does far less damage than Ryu's fireball ultra. Rumored to have a an ability to power up his damage by spending one bar of super meter. Accodring to Gootecks, this move allows the next move to do more damage.
    Sagats scar flashes yellow and the screen darkens. Some described it as ex.taunt.
    His standing light kick is slower and now hits twice.
    Tiger Destruction does less damage.
    Tiger Knee is unchanged.
    All his Kara moves still work.
    Forward + roundhouse into ultra is still there.

Sakura.
    Significant buffs reported for Sakura.
    Her Jumping Medium Kick now cross ups. Her fire balls now travel full screen and does not dissappear.
    Her ultra is the shinkuu hadoken, which has 2 versions of, a regular one and an anti air one.

Seth.
    For his ultra he moves into a crabwalk like position and a tornado shoots out from his belly, up in an angle towards the air. Damage seems better than current ultra.

T.Hawk.
    All his moves do massive damage except for some reason his command throw. Lots of health too. Better than most expected.
    His command throw is the same speed and range as Giefs. Large recovery time on whiff.
    C.HK, c.mk and s.mp seem very good.
    His Hawk Dive beats alot but if unsafe on block.
    His DP move doesn't hit as low as it did in ST.
    His second ultra is similar to Bisons new ultra or Fuertes old ultra.

Vega (Claw).
    Down foward + mk is now an overhead and appears to be a much faster move, on par with Fei Longs current overhead. His rolling crystal flash has been sped up. People where saying he is still ****. Slide is now faster but still unsafe and no invincibility on scarlet
    terror.
    Wall dives appear to be faster.
    Seems like a slight speed increase overall.
    Vegas news ultra starts with a slide. Its possible that it can Vega can juggle his opponents into the ultra. Unconfirmed.

Zangeif.
    Siberian Blizzard is an air to air only ultra.
    Can apparantly grab grounded opponents who are very close.
    However Gief can trade larait into his new ultra ....ughhhhh.
    LARAIT CAN NOW BE FADC INTO HIS NEW ULTRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Level 2 focus attack no longer crumples unless a counter hit.

What. Really? Can't say I approve of this.

Cammy's new Ultra is looking pretty terrible at this point. Admittedly its uses are yet to be fully seen but I have trouble imagining otherwise.

• Advertisement

Cobelcog wrote: »
    What. Really? Can't say I approve of this.

It's a really good change imo

Advertisement