Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whats the difference between level 1 and 2 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Azza wrote: »
    Just a few general things I have read on the shoryuken forum from people who where playing that build of SSF IV. Bare in mind capcom said the old characters are not fully tweaked yet and this version was not the latest build.

Vega
    Down foward + mk is now an overhead. His rolling crystal flash has been sped up. People where saying he is still ****. Slide is still unsafe and no invincibility on scarlet terror.
    Say it ain't so Joe.......

PS: Totally approve of the focus being weakened...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Updated my last post with new info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't forget lads, Abel is MY main!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

What's the point of nerfing lvl2 focus?

I'm genuinely curious, I rarely find it useful as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Chun Li
    EX Legs gets more or less hits dependent on how many cr. LK you did before that.
    Ex. Spinning Bird Kick hitbox is smaller than in SF 4.

I was really hoping they'd do the opposite with EX legs, it's just annoying getting 2 hits on a lot of characters after 3 shorts.
    Might also mean that it will be a lot harder if not impossible to link kikosho without the 3rd hit, since they won't launch as high.

I only saw spinning bird once on the stream, it seems like they made it safe, as you take multiple hits on block instead of just the one.
    Original Ultra seemed to connect MUCH more consistently from mid screen.

Do you mean it juggles better? If so it's looking like the better choice than kikosho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Removing roundhouse loops is silly! It's not like it breaks the game, the removal will definitely weaken Akuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Roundhouse loops look kinda silly though. I'm sure he'll still have combo options out the wazoo. And don't forget The Vortex (err, NOT Ultra II...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I practiced them for ages though! Now I'm bitter, crap second ultra (shoulda been KKZ or an Air Zanku Ultra) and no-more loops! Oh well at least Sagat got nerfed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

Not read much of the thread so I dunno if this has already been mentioned but GameTrailers is starting to put some videos up (from the stream I guess?).

RiceSRK vs Justin Wong videos are (going) up, part 3 showing Juri's timed CC ultra. EDIT: Part IV just came up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/super-street-fighter-iv/12123

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can see Adon being a very good character. He has a lot of options for getting in close, has a good pressure game with good combos and probably an easy ultra to link into. Only thing that could let him down is if he has limited cross up options or no overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I've read that adons overhead is one of the most effective in the game with massive reach.. He's def my target to learn for super. Really like chuns kikoshoo.something that will guarantee the juggle after ex legs in the corner Looks good to me aswell as the midscreen
    combo'ing opportunities!.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not many dhalsim lovers from what I can gather at the expo. Haven't seen any videos as of yet apart from his new ultra. Curious to see what changes have been made. Anyone have links?

Edit: well, I've had a look at a couple of videos and im a bit disapointed. The new ultra is very good because you can use it with teleport mix ups......but apart from that he is the exact same. Nothing new or different so far as I can tell. Nobody has done a yoga blast yet so they may have buffed it.

Doubt it though :( It seems everyone else got buffs and new tools and he is left with the same old, same old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

So let me get this straight. Street fighter Alpha 3 occurs before SF2 and SSFIV occurs after SF2 but before SF3...and in the time between SFA3 and SSFIV Cody still has'nt managed to get rid of those prison clothes and chains?:cool:

Having said that it looks great,especially the India stage and I'm looking forward to playing Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kirby wrote: »
    Not many dhalsim lovers from what I can gather at the expo. Haven't seen any videos as of yet apart from his new ultra. Curious to see what changes have been made. Anyone have links?

Edit: well, I've had a look at a couple of videos and im a bit disapointed. The new ultra is very good because you can use it with teleport mix ups......but apart from that he is the exact same. Nothing new or different so far as I can tell. Nobody has done a yoga blast yet so they may have buffed it.

Doubt it though :( It seems everyone else got buffs and new tools and he is left with the same old, same old.

I read that they havent really started working on the old characters yet so i wouldnt get too worried.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a roundhouse loop?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

However Gief can trade larait into his new ultra ....ughhhhh.

Wow.

Ken B wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's a roundhouse loop?:confused:

animaX wrote: »
    I'll really be mourning the demise of that move..............lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

E.Honda
    Appears to have recieved a damage buff???
    Hundred Hand Slap is easier to do now.

Damage Buff:eek:

Holy sheeeet, Top tier here I come.

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »

OMFG! It's not possible....("Luke Skywalker Empire Strikes Back TM")

Worse than Hitler i say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ken B wrote: »
    OMFG! It's not possible....("Luke Skywalker Empire Strikes Back TM")

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
    sw5vader.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Seths and Guiles 2nd Ultras for thoose yet to see them connecting.

Updated with more info. Dan has now FADC ultra :eek:

Thats post 1062 on page 71 by the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Updated with more info. Dan has now FADC ultra :eek:

My new main.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

So, Sakura has her j.MK crossup back.

Oh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I spy a Level 2 FA crumple @ 2.33

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

We gonna' rule this roost man!

• Advertisement

Good to see the crumple still on level 2 focus. When this mentioned on the forums I read seemed to be a bit of debate weather it was actually through or not.

Advertisement