Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Azza wrote: »
    Game is faster.

Oh HELL yes :cool:
    Level 2 focus attack no longer crumples unless a counter hit.

Hmm now this is an odd one. :confused:
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's a really good change imo

Why? What did you not like about it? I liked the mind games it could bring when your rushing down a guy, I never really took full advantage off it, was something I'd been meaning to get better at.

Different sound effects on block.

I noticed when the japanese were playing SFIV on the arcade version blocks sounded much different, kinda better sounding when you'd hear a block string being blocked lol.
    Loads of unpunishable bull**** .

Noooooeeeeeeeeees

Chun Li.

- Original Ultra seemed to connect MUCH more consistently from mid screen.

Sweet
    Her Cr. MK is MUCH better.
    Her St. HK is MUCH slower.

Hmmm don't like this now. I love standing HK :(

Fei Long.
    Ex.chicken wing no longer goes throughw fireballs.

What the flying fook is the story with this now? Nerfing fei long of all people I mean what the hell?.....Seriously... what.....the....hell....:mad:
    Guy.
    Is apparantly ****.
    :(
    Ken.
    His new ultra can absorb a fireball.
    Forward dash appears to be faster.

hmmmmm :cool:

Ryu.
    HP Dragon punch now hits twice.

now this is dumb, he's been the 1 hit srk guy for 20 years, don't mess with this now...wtf.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

2 hit srk is probably to nerf his anti air to ken levels. You get 2 hits from a ground combo but get anti air but less damage .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ryu's fierce SRK hits twice in a few titles AFAIK, early SFIII comes to mind....

really? This I did not know. I wish they gave ken his 3s normals. A faster dash is nice though.

Yup. I'm sure his SRK hit twice in early alpha titles, maybe in some vs series games(doesn't rly count), and I know it definitely did in early SFIII. Evil Ryu's SRK I'm sure are all 2/3 hits (may be evil ryu, but in theory it is still Ryu

Ken has all of his 3s normal's if I'm right (forward plus roundhouse is there(even the fake), his back + MK is (doesn't hit twice and the animation isn't exactly the same but its the same move), his target strong >> fierce is there (but sucks)

Faster dash is nice, his anti airing sucks in SFIV (I guess nerfing Ryu to his level is ok). Ken needs a better hadoken in fairness (cmon, at least a bit better, it's absolute muck in SFIV), and maybe combos off a HC back + mk

• Advertisement

He doesnt have that iconic standing MK from 3s which combined with back mk was known as crazy legs? I'm sure you remember. But yeah his back mk should be 2 hit, and his target combo should be ****ing useful.

& they should fix his hair, he looks like an arsehole in SF4 lol.

If they were gonna have a forward hk over head and a back mk overhead both being 2 hits, they should get rid of the 3s forward hk and give him the alpha 3 forward hk just for some variation at least. (wasnt and over head, was a kind walk forward side kick thing, slow, but it looked damn cool :p)

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    He doesnt have that iconic standing MK from 3s which combined with back mk was known as crazy legs? I'm sure you remember. But yeah his back mk should be 2 hit, and his target combo should be ****ing useful.

& they should fix his hair, he looks like an arsehole in SF4 lol.

If they were gonna have a forward hk over head and a back mk overhead both being 2 hits, they should get rid of the 3s forward hk and give him the alpha 3 forward hk just for some variation at least. (wasnt and over head, was a kind walk forward side kick thing, slow, but it looked damn cool :p)

Ahh how could I forget st.MK, it was actually pretty useful! Prolly should bring it back

And AGREED on the Alpha3 forward + roundhouse! :cool:

They should totally give him back his ****ing headband! (On a side note I think ken looked ****ing ace with long hair)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Compilation of all new Ultras, (Including new characters ultras.)

Looks like both Juri and Rose have timed damage increase ultras.
    And Bisons / Vipers are by far the best animations imo

nice vid, sigh akuma's ultra is so so stupid, he looks like Taz, they've really turned akuma into a laughing stock in the 4 series.

Fei's ultra is badass

@ ramza, also wtf happened to kens knee bash? get that shit in there capcom!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think Guy's second one looks ace, where he hits you back and forth over and over. And sakura's one will stop jump ins for a while!

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

@ ramza, also wtf happened to kens knee bash? get that shit in there capcom!

No mashing throws in SF4 =[ Knee bash was ****ing leet

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Feckin balls Akuma didnt get a ltra fireball :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

T.Hawks second ultra is cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

very cool.
    im not sure if the the ultra animations are a bit long, specially post KO or at 1 pixel health where one has to sit through the rest of it... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Gief players are gonna get pissed when their ultra damage hits in way after the timer's counted down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If I ever get THawk on a random pick, I'm going with this Ultra, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Feckin balls Akuma didnt get a ltra fireball :(

Ah come on. Akumas new ultra is excellent :rolleyes:

It also proves something I've known all along. Akuma isn't a Demon, hes actually a Devil
    A Tasmanian Devil :(

taz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA --- WAHOOO!!

Well like I do the ultra cause I can imagine you can FADC into it after the usual combo n all! But for the amount rotations he does during the animation it only hits twice?! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well like I do the ultra cause I can imagine you can FADC into it after the usual combo n all! But for the amount rotations he does during the animation it only hits twice?! lol

Seeing as how the command for it is Up, Up + KKK can't really see many FADC ultra opportunities.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If the blurb to this vieo is to be believed, looks like the family man is getting a damage buff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznD_vhBAXI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Doesn't matter, Guile is ****.

/bed

Seeing as how the command for it is Up, Up + KKK can't really see many FADC ultra opportunities.

that I didnt know, thats incredibly useless then :(

But i will be determined to find how to dash cancel into it!!!!

Edit...

Just thinking.. while dashing from a FADC you can buffer any direction of the next move you can do, for example buffering the raging Demon command while dashing will end in the ultra been used, so during the dash pressing UP, UP + KKK is pretty possible if your quick enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I like that Sagat got an ultra fireball. Looks class.

Ry wrote: »

Tis pretty cool, but looks like it doesn't take that much damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ry wrote: »

What's cool about it is that it's very reminiscent of the motion he used at the start of the SF2 anime film (which was awesome).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Has there ever been a better intro than that :)

Always loved that opening, had the music as my main menu music for awhile:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nice to see it's still appreciated!

Too bad most of the SF stuff since has been pretty naff, you'd think they'd get the same studio to do more but nooooooo.

Advertisement