Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Nice to see it's still appreciated!

Too bad most of the SF stuff since has been pretty naff, you'd think they'd get the same studio to do more but nooooooo.

that studios prob dead,retired

alpha animated series [there was 2?] had potential but were rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's kinda what I was implying, poor lot are probably stacking shelves instead of creating more awesome films like they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

It was the best SF movie but as animes go its only ok. That opening is the best thing about it. I loved it as a kid.

There was a utterly ****e american cartoon, and then a dodgy japanese anime series which made ryu and ken out to be headwreckers.

Theres 3 other anime films, SF alpha, was ok, bit odd. SF alpha generations which is interesting as its kinda telling the story of akuma, worth watching but not fantastic. & finally the SF4 anime which was a feckin joke.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hey guys just robbing this off eventhubs. Complete list of noted changes in the Vegas build of Super Street Fighter 4 demonstrated at CES. I added some notes of my own marked with an astrex.

General
    + Many players claimed Focus Attacks are sped up.

+ The game feels faster according to many people, but this isn't a for sure thing.

Abel
    + New Ultra: Breathless. Seems to be a great move so far, super fast start up time, grabs low and has Super Armor.

+ Change of Direction is safer if blocked.
    *It been reported on some forums this is inaccurate. Currently Abels lp.COD is -3 frames on block and is unpunishable with Sagats Tiger uppercut which is a 5 frame start up. Its believed this is the scenario that occured during the play test and was incorrectly reported as the COD being safer by people who where unfamiliar with the the frame data on the moves that where used.

+ Damage seems to be increased on certain moves. Crouching Hard Punch, Cancel into Roll, Falling Sky takes off more life.

Akuma
    - Far Standing Hard Kick (Double Kicks) have more start up time.

- Standing Light Punch can no longer Link into far Standing Hard Kick.

- Fireball, FADC, far Standing Hard Kick only works on large hitbox characters now.

+ New Ultra: Demon Armageddon. Up, Up + 3x Kick command. Doesn't seem to have many ways to combo into it, can't be used as anti-air. Also will miss crouching opponents.

Balrog (Boxer)
    - Headbutt Cancel into Ultra Running Punch has revamped juggling properties. Apparently the final hit of the Ultra now whiffs.

+ New Ultra: Dirty Bull. 360 + 3x Punch command grab. 35% damage at level 1, several people claim it does A LOT of stun. Recovery time if this misses is fast, but seems to have a lot of start up time, for a grab. *Its been suggested that the amount of stun scales with the amount of Ultra meter you have. Its possible that a full ultra bar will insti stun.

Blanka
    + Blanka's walk speed is faster now.

+ Crouching Hard Punch is a better. Faster, sticks out farther and seems to be a much better poke and anti air.

+ New Ultra: Shout of Earth. This move has two versions, when done with 3x Punches it's an anti air, 3x Kicks is an anti ground move. It's performed like Guile's original Ultra move in Street Fighter 4, but you can hold the button and release it when you want the attack to come out. Seth Killian told a player the Kick version can punish fireballs at full-screen's distance, although you'll still take damage from the fireball, they'll take full damage from your Ultra.

* Horizontal ball flies closer to the ground, apparently someone swept Blanka out of it.

- Chip (block) damage on old Ultra, Lightning Cannonball, has been reduced.

Cammy
    + New Ultra: C.Q.C (Cammy Quick Combination). Counter Ultra.
    *Early reports on the shoryuken forums indicate that Cammy recieved some nerfs but I could not find out any information on what they might be.

Chun-Li
    + New Ultra: Kikosho. Double quarter-circle forward + 3x Punch. This can be comboed into after landing the following: EX-Lightning Legs, Up Kicks and then dashing, air target juggle, after an EX-Spinning Bird Kick in the corner.

+ Crouching Medium Kick is much better, wasn't told how exactly.

+ EX-Lightning Legs can score additional hits depending on how many kick inputs were pressed.

* Chun-Li's Ultra Lightning Legs seem to be tweaked. They appear to connect much more consistently from mid-screen, although some players reported problems landing them fully. Your mileage may vary.

- EX-Spinning Bird kick pushes your opponent further away after connecting and it has a smaller hit box as well.

- Her Standing Hard Kick is much slower.

- Crouching Light Kick 2x, Cancel into EX-Lightning Legs juggle with Ultra Lightning Legs seems to do less damage now. Less than 40% from level 1.

C. Viper
    + New Ultra: Burning Dance, good damage on this.
    *Fewer set ups, only known set up is ex.sisemo sjc, Ultra will always fully connect if it hits, does slightly less damage than original ultra.

Dan
    + New Ultra: Haoh Gadoken. Double fireball + 3x Kicks. Dan's winds up and unleashes a gigantic fireball into his opponent, which is safe on block.

Dhalsim
    + New Ultra: Yoga Shangri-La. Can only be used in the air, makes it a big threat when coupled with his air teleport.

El Fuerte
    + New Ultra: El Fuerte Ultra Spark.

E. Honda
    + New Ultra: Orochi Breaker. Likely a 720 motion + 3x Punch, command grab. He does an Oicho Throw ending with a huge butt splash, damage on this is good, but seems to be a bit easy to counter right now.

Fei Long
    + New Ultra: Gekirinken (One Inch Punch). This is a counter hit attack. Command is a double quarter-circle forward + 3x Kick.

+ EX-Chicken Wing (Flying Kick) may have more invincibility.
    * I have read several reports saying it has lost its ability to go through fireballs.

Ken
    + New Ultra: Guren Senpukyaku. A series of kicks from Ken, this can absorb one fireball and still travel through to hit your opponent.

+ His dashes look to be faster.

+ Ken's sweep (Crouching Hard Kick) might be faster.

Gen
    + Jumping while in Mantis (Punch) Stance goes up much higher now.

+ EX-Wall Dive (Oga) is no longer safe on wake up.

+ Wall Dive (Oga) is a lot faster now, not as good of a hit box though. For comparison's sake, it's little slower than Adon's Jaguar Tooth (Wall Dive Kick).

+ Gen has Chain combos now. Not as easy as Guy's though. Crouching Light Punch, Chain into Crouching Medium Punch, Cancel into Rapid Slap works.

+ Rapid Slap (Hands) seem to require less inputs to activate now. Might be 3 or 4 instead of 5 button presses.

+ Gen has four Ultra moves, with the two new Ultras being the ****enketsu and Teiga.

- Crane Stance (Kick) Crouching Medium Punch seems slower.

* Air Kicks (Gekiro) hit your opponent up at different angles now.

Gouken
    + New Ultra: Denjin Hadoken. This can be charged up so it's unblockable like Ryu's Denjin Hadoken in Third Strike. If you don't charge it up, it's blockable though.
    *Videos on youtube seem to indicate that a fully charge Denjin Hadoken is still blockable.

Guile
    + Hard Flash Kick has more forward range.

+ Seems to be a bit more powerful, i.e. some moves take off more damage now.

+ New Ultra: Sonic Hurricane. Has a bit of start up time, but seems like it will be a pretty good Ultra.

M. Bison (Dictator)
    + New Ultra: Psycho Punisher. Some people compared this to Abel's Ultra in the first Street Fighter 4 game. It activates with the Head Stomp animation.
    *Apparantly his c.lk links are easier to do.

Rose
    + Hard Punch Soul Reflect, FADC, Soul Throw now combos.

+ New Ultra: Soul Satellite. Makes two orbs spin around her body which you can use to hit your opponent.

Rufus
    + New Ultra: Big Bang Typhoon. Primarily anti air/anti crossover move. Not as easy to combo into as his original Ultra though.

- EX-Snake Strike's damage has been reduced.

Ryu
    * Hard Punch Shoryuken hits twice at close range, but only the second hit knocks down.

+ New Ultra: Metsu Shoryuken. Very, very good damage on this one — if you fully connect with it. If you miss the first couple of attacks, the damage is reduced significantly.

Sagat
    - Stamina was decreased. It appears to be dropped from 1100 to 1000.

- Tiger Uppercut damage was reduced.

+ Has new evasion move. It takes an EX bar to execute, but supposedly lets Sagat dodge some attacks and it powers up his Tiger Uppercut.

+ New Ultra: Tiger Cannon. A multihitting Tiger Shot.

+ Standing Light Kick now hits twice.

Sakura
    + Her fireball does not fade out now.

+ Jumping Medium Kick crosses up.

+ New Ultra: Shinku Hadoken. This can be a horizontal fireball, or aimed upwards as anti air.

Seth
    + New Ultra: Tanden Typhoon.
    *His new ultra seems to do slightly more damage than his old ultra. I have also read unconfirmed reports that his jumping hard punch has been nerfed by having its range reduced.

Vega (Claw)
    + Vega's Down-Towards + Medium Kick is an overhead attack.

+ New Ultra: Splendid Claw. He performs a slide attack and then does a series of moves ending with a vicious looking upwards slash. You should be able to combo into this.

+ Startup time on his Rolling Crystal Flash has been decreased.

*Reading around apparantly his wall dives are faster too. Seems like he got an overall speed increase.

Zangief
    + New Ultra: Siberian Blizzard. 720 motion + 3x Kicks in the air, a command grab. This will grab an airborne opponent and reportedly a player on the ground, if you're close enough. Apparently you can grab the other player with this after trading with Gief's Lariat or after hitting with a Lariat, then a Focus Attack Dash Cancel, crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Advertisement

Why do I get the feeling somebody's having us on with Fei and Cammy.

Ass-tier in ST, pretty damn low in SF4, both getting seemingly useless new ultras, and now supposedly some other random nerfs?

No bloody way, no, no, bad Capcom, don't be at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I imagine Ken B will be very happy to hear about the changes to Vega.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why do I get the feeling somebody's having us on with Fei and Cammy.

Ass-tier in ST, pretty damn low in SF4, both getting seemingly useless new ultras, and now supposedly some other random nerfs?

No bloody way, no, no, bad Capcom, don't be at it.

They have apparently not changed much about the old characters as they were focused on getting the new stuff into the game, I'm sure they will be rebalanced more than that.

Love this phenomenon of people whining about the characters months before the game is even released though, possibly unprecedented for a fighting game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty sure I saw some Akuma players missing cross-up Tatsu -> sweep.
    Oh dear...

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Love this phenomenon of people whining about the characters months before the game is even released though, possibly unprecedented for a fighting game. :pac:

I was semi-kidding, but they really shouldn't be at it.

Start as you mean to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** ken's sweep, make his hado better! Make it actually useful, ffs

I think makling ken's cr.rh or cr.strong(if they did) better, he'd be a little too much like ryu then. Well, you know what I mean. Ryu's cr.strong is a solid low poke and has solid comboability/good as a meaty etc. I don't think Ken would have a use for a better cr.strong tbh, but thats just me. But a better sweep is good I guess

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

Guile
    + Hard Flash Kick has more forward range.

+ Seems to be a bit more powerful, i.e. some moves take off more damage now.

+ New Ultra: Sonic Hurricane. Has a bit of start up time, but seems like it will be a pretty good Ultra.

Just to point out this is coming out of a fight with Seth... Yes, Guile would seem stronger against him. Hope it's not just people who don't get Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I imagine Ken B will be very happy to hear about the changes to Vega.
    Yes....me very happy! :D

I'll be a lot happier however, when I find out what the input/combo-able options are, for the new Ultra. 2 x Qcf would be the dream.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

it's double hadoken with Kick as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Didnt want to drag up an old thread and I suppose these are related to ssf4 - Official Sticks

madcatz-super-sf4-te-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1262902120546

madcatz-super-sf4-te-2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1262902024037

Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

*drool*

It's kinda hard to tell from those renders, but the sides are smooth.
    a-noscale.jpg
    b-noscale.jpg

(not in my shed ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw some Akuma players missing cross-up Tatsu -> sweep.

The Tatsu -> sweep doesn't work on every character though. Which characters did you see it missing against?

It doesn't work on Abel, Blanka, Elf, Gen, Ken, M.Bison, Rufus and Ryu.

You're thinking of regular LK Tatsu -> Sweep, Leim; pretty sure cross-up Tatsu -> sweep is universal (with maybe timing differences).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You're thinking of regular LK Tatsu -> Sweep, Leim; pretty sure cross-up Tatsu -> sweep is universal (with maybe timing differences).

Yeah, my bad, I only seen tatsu into sweep. The crossup, or even the normal air tatsu, usually gives a guaranteed sweep. Like you said though, you have to time it right. If Super has been sped up this might account for people missing the sweep.

I can't see a reason as to why they'd remove it. They already seem to be nerfing Akuma enough as it is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Btw, anyone else notice in the ESRB warnings for SSFIV there's "alcohol reference". Perhaps Shadow is the Irish fighter we've wanted for so long!

...but it probably just refers to the Distillery :/

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

A French preview has apparantly confirmed the exsistence of the 4 remaining characters, Hakan, Dudley Makoto and Ibuki.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.fr%2Fjeux%2Fsuper-street-fighter-iv%2Farticle.html&sl=fr&tl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Some real good game play videos here, I've only seen them today but you've all probably seen them

What's the deal with Juri's second Ultra? It was like she just charged up, traded with Cody on a normal jump in and got the Ultra KO animation :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

L31mr0d wrote: »
    What's the deal with Juri's second Ultra? It was like she just charged up, traded with Cody on a normal jump in and got the Ultra KO animation :confused:
    Its a general damage increase for a certain time period I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Was that a Kara throw at 1:50 in the first vid by Guile? :0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Azza wrote: »
    A French preview has apparantly confirmed the exsistence of the 4 remaining characters, Hakan, Dudley Makoto and Ibuki.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.fr%2Fjeux%2Fsuper-street-fighter-iv%2Farticle.html&sl=fr&tl=en

Good choices,espcially with Makoto. I'm looking forward to seeing her SFIV incarnation. Looking forward to pitting Dudley against Balrong too. Does anyone know anything about Hakan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Xluna wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about Hakan?

He's supposed to be a Turkish oil wrestler.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote:
    What's the deal with Juri's second Ultra? It was like she just charged up, traded with Cody on a normal jump in and got the Ultra KO animation
    IIRC it allows easier links -- sort of like Custom Combos from games past.

Advertisement