Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Was that a Kara throw at 1:50 in the first vid by Guile? :0

Fraid not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Does Blanka have three Ultras now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Does Blanka have three Ultras now?
    In a way yes, but not exactly. The Ultra's you see there are the same Ultra, but one is anti air and one is a ground Ultra. You pull off whichever one you want by doing different motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The vast majority of them look **** and go on way too long.

YAY ULTRAS!!!1!

Definitely, yeah, some of them are a bit much. Another thing that bugs me is, how many of them involve the opponent being shot miles into the air. That's cool when it's one or two, like in regular SFIV, but now, everybody's doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who's annoyed at how long all these Ultras are? I may be a Balrog player (and trying to be unbiased) but his type of Ultra is what I would have been more inclined to expect: Short, sweet, nasty looking... Then you see crap like Zangief's AA Ultra which takes about four minutes to land... :confused:

Yeah I think Balrog's new one is gonna be the only one I'll like after seeing it for the fifth time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Definitely seems to be a theme with hurricane effects here.
    I blame Cody :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Interesting stuff in the new trailers.

I love cody's SF1 tribute :)

Looks like SFA's story is getting a nice revival all round. Shadow being Charlie looking more and more realistic.

Juri being made out to be uber powerful and uber evil.

Lots of Guile :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The last thing we need now is more Guile!

I love that guy smashes through some random barrels to make his intro into the stage, so silly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

At last we have a date! Now I just have to sit tight until Blazblue comes out and then I'll never have to play SFIV again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Charlie ****ing owns on Guile, sonic booms with one arm/hand yeah boi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

At last we have a date! Now I just have to sit tight until Blazblue comes out and then I'll never have to play SFIV again :D:D

Do you not like sf4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I love that guy smashes through some random barrels to make his intro into the stage, so silly!

It's exactly how he started Final Fight which is what I love about it :)

Bush80 wrote: »
    Do you not like sf4?

No. But I still play it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Did no one think that "Shadow" is just a poor translation of Shadaloo/Shadowlaw?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's exactly how he started Final Fight which is what I love about it :)
    I know, it's a nice little throw back, I love when videogames make in jokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The movie looks a little better this time round at least. Here's hoping the whole thing is as good.
    At least thanks to that trailer I now dont absoloutely hate Juri's English voice, which is a massive improvement.

you think I'm going to argue? Playing SFA games makes me weep how awesome he is compared to Guile in 4.
    Did no one think that "Shadow" is just a poor translation of Shadaloo/Shadowlaw?

The passage it comes from refers to Shadow using sonic booms, so not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Where did all this Shadow business come from exactly? I've heard a few people mention it but no source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Seth??????

Sairus wrote: »
    Where did all this Shadow business come from exactly? I've heard a few people mention it but no source.

From a faked Famitsu blog, don't know why people still talk about it?

From a faked Famitsu blog, don't know why people still talk about it?

Faked?

Linky?

There was never any concrete info with that scan, look over on SRK they debunked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yea I never saw any of that stuff come with a legit source.

IIRC Charlie appeared as Shadow in one of the earlier vs games (XvSF or MVC1 maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No. But I still play it all the time!

Alright, I just dont see anyone who didnt like sf4 liking super. Its basically the same game.

By that logic, Dan owns on Ryu and Ken. Which is true. He does. Go Charlie!

I had to wind back and watch the bit where Cody burst through the wall a couple of times. That was epic.

That SIN scientist taking pictures in the background of the petrol station (which is also taken from Final Fight, iirc) is starting to bug me. The way he wiggles around makes him like like one of the aliens from Space Channel 5.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    By that logic, Dan owns on Ryu and Ken

Yeah but dude look at how ****ty Gadouken is in terms of range etc. Charlie can do a proper SB even a super SB with one arm. The only shoto who can properly do a hadouken with one hand is Gouki

• Advertisement

Yeah but dude look at how ****ty Gadouken is in terms of range etc. Charlie can do a proper SB even a super SB with one arm. The only shoto who can properly do a hadouken with one hand is Gouki

I don't know, Gouken seems pretty handy at them too.

Charlie can do a sonic boom with his FOOT though.

Advertisement