Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Her current alt is kinda like her alpha one so I guess thats why.

I hope akumas will be good, but everything about akuma's design in this series so far has been pretty bad imo, so I expect to be highly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

As far as I can recall, these are all the costumes they've shown off.

Ryu - Hakama - Not terrible, but definitely not great. Too big or something.
    Ken - Cowboy - Far too silly for my liking. Had they gone the more casual Kevin Bacon cowboy he would have been grand.
    Chun Li - Pink/Blue dress - This is just ridiculous. Dont know what they were thinking.
    E Honda - Grey Skinsuit - Another 'I dont know what hey were thinking' attempt.
    Blanka - Saikyo gi - I love this!
    Zangeif - Mecha - I also love this! Went a little too far, but still awesome.
    Guile - Spec Ops - One of the best. It actually fits Guile as a costume.
    Dhalsim - Turban - Not terribly amazing, but not a bad costume.
    Balrog - Gangsta - Another of the best. Balrog has great taste in alts!
    Vega - ?
    Sagat - ?
    M.Bison -?
    T.Hawk - ?
    Dee Jay - Reggae - I've only seen one small image of this, but it looked great.
    Juri - White vest and pants - A little too plain, but still good.
    Adon - Black comabat suit? - Couldn't really see this.
    Cody - Updated classis FF costume - Another of my favourites. Just a solid design.
    Guy - ?
    Dan - Wildman - I like the idea, but it looks a little too goofy for my taste. (Yes, I know it's Dan, but still)
    Rose - Salsa dress with hat - Meh. I'll wait to see it moving before I openly dislike it.
    Sakura - ?
    Fei Long - Kato - I dont know why they got rid of the sleeves, still cool though.
    Gen - Topless - Looks great. His sinuey muscles look fantastic.
    Cammy - Bison - Like her first alt, this could have been perfect had she been wearing pants.
    Abel - Beard - All I could see was his face, so no comment XD
    C. Viper - Skintight leatherish combat suit - This looked pretty sweet, great step up from her boring first alt.
    Rufus - Chinese Vampire - It looks nice, but why in Gods name is Rufus wearing it? (Them both standing on one foot a lot is the only reason I can think of) Would have much preferred a biker gang costume.
    El Fuerte - Mayan priest? - I like this one, nice and colourful. As a Luchador he can get away with ridiculous costumes better than the others.
    Seth - Exposed glowing joints - Only saw one small image of this, looked pretty good though.
    Akuma - ?
    Gouken - ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

A-Trak wrote: »
    A

...cos Doom and especially now Ken B, were a piece of piss to play against before this.

Maybe FINALLY Doom's game will improve in that he wont have to keep running back and spamming sonic booms ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    Maybe FINALLY Doom's game will improve in that he wont have to keep running back and spamming sonic booms ;)

There's a temp ban right there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »

I won't HAVE to.

I'll still do it just to annoy you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fuerte's alt should have been the sleeping Mexican gunslinger in a huge sombrero that covers his face and a poncho.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Honda's one is may be trying to emulate those sumo suit things you see people messing around in.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Honda's one is may be trying to emulate those sumo suit things you see people messing around in.

From what I've read it supposed to be a stereotypical japanese thief costume.

But Honda's no theif! :(

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    But Honda's no theif! :(
    I've seen him steal some championships every now and then. :mad:

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    I've seen him steal some championships every now and then. :mad:

:D I lol'd to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_super_street_fighter_iv_juri_vs_chunli-14302_en.html

Full length animated bit we've seen clips of before. Chun and Cammy kicking (or attempting to) some Juri ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Jim wrote: »
    http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_super_street_fighter_iv_juri_vs_chunli-14302_en.html

Full length animated bit we've seen clips of before. Chun and Cammy kicking (or attempting to) some Juri ass.

That is a sweet video.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    That is a sweet video.
    That it is. Some fantastic camerawork.
    Could have done without the Cammy/Chunners back to back thing though. Too cheesy XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Nice animation, nice illustration, but the wispy lines thing this game has going on bugs me. It's nowhere near as cool as the ink splats from the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

That it is. Some fantastic camerawork.
    Could have done without the Cammy/Chunners back to back thing though. Too cheesy XD

Its really hard to believe that's a video for a videogame we're looking at. Capcom really goes all out for their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I agree with all of yeas, looks great fantastic animation , I did like the ink better and the chun and cammy pose was cheesy but capcom really do make impressive visuals.

8.9/10

:P

yeah yeah film revealed whatever.

SONIC HURRICANE FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not even Ryu has mastered the art of pointing his hands at a slightly different angle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I like sakuras and vegas new ultras. They look a lot better then the current.

I may have missed it but does the Sonic Hurricane travel at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It didn't in other games (that I can think of), just kind of sat there for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

HMUYA wrote: »
    I like sakuras and vegas new ultras. They look a lot better then the current.

I may have missed it but does the Sonic Hurricane travel at all?

It never has before so probably won't now. It tends to have a vacuum effect.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It didn't in other games (that I can think of), just kind of sat there for a few seconds.

It was usually bigger in other games though.

The vacuum properties tended to be what made it a killer. Catch someone poking at the other end of the screen with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Capcom still teasing... LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Capcom are seriously taking the piss like cmon :P

****ing hell

With capcoms form of late, this probably means Dudley ISN'T in the game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I'm pretty sure Dudley Ibuki Makoto and that "Hakan" Arab wrestler guy are a definite at this stage. Also some rumour of a "Shadow".

If it doesn't happen I'll be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Oh please not Shadow. Bad enough they brought back as many dead people as they could think of the first time 'round.

Ramza wrote: »
    Capcom are seriously taking the piss like cmon :P
    ****ing hell

I love this ****! They're really making people pay for seeing that rumour list! I'd be happy if they kept this up right till launch!
    Oh please not Shadow. Bad enough they brought back as many dead people as they could think of the first time 'round.
    But Guile says they never found a body in his intro!
    However, yes. Keep Charlie outta this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

However, yes. Keep Charlie outta this.

Charlie ftw. Bring him back and I'm maining :pac:

Advertisement