Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »
    48ba9f70461452fe8e26c567b154996e.jpg?v=150720

OH COME ON! First the Space Jump Boots (http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Jump_Boots) now this! Capcom ripping off Metroid -__-

Samus Aran much?

2075207582_3b6fb61ba71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm all for more Samus in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm all for more Samus in my life.

don't give retro any ideas!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    don't give retro any ideas!
    He's already turned up at my apartment :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

48ba9f70461452fe8e26c567b154996e.jpg?v=150720

stiflersmom1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah that viper alt is fucking sweet. Makes me wanna learn more viper :D

If your talking about the profile pic on "her" twitter, its a terrible shop that was doing the rounds a few months back.

Ah nice one man cheers, I never saw that shop. Thats good news, she looked a bit dodgy.

**edit**
    Q: Please get rid of the shortcuts. Please.
    A: I believe the shortcuts have their pros and cons, and with that in mind they are still in the game. However, I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves.

hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

10 minute interview with Keno who played ssf4 last week. Some good info in this. Bad news for guile and vega fans though.

http://www.gytnews.com/articles/interviews/the-players-choice-episode-4-keno-on-playing-super-street-fighter-iv.html

I think at this moment in time (and even earlier :pac:) the 4 unrevealed characters are already known. I know Capcom can't just come out and say they lost the game, but they know we know and instead of just blatantly admitting it I think the hints over the last while are just a friendly way of saying "you got us"

Even though that Keno guy says that we'd be surprised by who is going to really be in Super, I think it's just a bluff. Was talking to Dreddy about it earlier and he said that tonnes of WC guys played it and if something like that were true it would be leaked pretty much by now. So who know really? Maybe Capcom planned that leak and are really 2 steps ahead of us? :pac: *

Nah not really :pac:

*Prays for Urien

vljiko012430.jpg

Cheers Dreddy. So I suppose Capcom are going to releasing the rest of the cast 1 at the time...

I think she actually looks pretty good in 3D.

[edit]lol, just had a proper look at the page and noticed the other characters, nice[/edit]

• Advertisement

As Ramza pointed out to me, middle pic on the left page is Makoto, bottom left is Dudley.

Gonna be fun to see how the 3s characters shape up

Makoto's karakusa is gonna be sick

Hell Capcom might even leave in her kara-karakusa for double the rape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Aw, I was kinda hoping they weren't going to release Dudley and Ibuki and all the clues were just Capcom messing with us.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Aw, I was kinda hoping they weren't going to release Dudley and Ibuki and all the clues were just Capcom messing with us.
    lol, imagine the RAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE.

FYI Makoto's pic looks identical to the second hit of her Abare Tosanami super (SAII), so I'd be fairly confident that's her super, but no juggle off of it May be her ultra actually since it's zoomed and I realised she still has an ex bar in the pic.

I'd say one of her ultras is timed, had to take a guess I'd say they gave her her SA3 as an ultra now. So my take on it is that Capcom gave her her SA1 as a super, SA2 as one of her ultras and a second timed ultra (her SA3). Although I'm not making allowances for a new ultra

An interesting thought I shared with DarkTalant was that capcom will make her SA3 her super (which had like on frame startup and was timed) and allow it to be then cancelled into an ultra (like dan) at the cost of the meter. Which would consequently allow her to chain normals into her ultra, depending on the normal hit stun. Although now I can see how this was a stupid thought on my part

Just a guess

Also I'm gonna go ahead and say that Dud's super will be the corkscrew and not his super jet upper. Just a guess but I feel pretty good about it :P

Maybe they will bring back Dud's HCB + K from the earlier SF3 games, who knows, although backswing blow was pretty tight

Gonna be interesting to see if they left all of Dud's 6 (or is it 7?) target combos intact

If Dud's toward + forward is still as sick as it was in 3s, then that's great

Yeah I'll shutup now :pac:

Ibuki obviously as her air super as well as an Ultra.

That image of Dudley looks more like Urien with boxing gloves heh. And his portrait looks like Ryu. Hopefully someone will upload a higher res scan.

That image of Dudley looks more like Urien with boxing gloves heh. And his portrait looks like Ryu. Hopefully someone will upload a higher res scan.

Was just gonna say the dud portrait looks odd too. :pac:

EDIT: Judging further from the pics, the main image shows Ibuki doing a necksnap on Sagat zoomed so I take it that will be a finale for one of her Ultra's

Also in case anyone is wondering what that blue flashy **** is on the middle right page I'm fairly confident it's Ibuki's command throw from 3s (the animation actually ends in a blue/icey flash in 3s). She is even taking the same stance in the pic so I'm fairly certain

etrwpl.jpg
    256z6zl.jpg

Hmm...not mad any of them tbh :/

Dudley looks too young. Ibuki's face looks like a man, and Makoto's face looks squashed or something.

Bah!

yeah they look pretty ****ed up lol

• Advertisement

Haters :P

jokes, though I kind of agree =[

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Makota's definitely got some serious face contortions going on. She's like a smooth faced chipmunk or something.
    I'm really diggin' Ibuki's look though.
    I'm just happy I get Ibuki and Dudley again. No Alex, but two of my top 3 from S3 aint bad! XD

Perhaps I'm way off the mark here, but the way Dudley look before, he always looked like he had a bit of class about him, a bit of finese, which suited his character obviously. His look there just looks like raw power like Balrogg.

Wholeheartedly agree.
    He looks like a boxer in tight pants and a shirt here, while he clearly looked like a suave rich guy wearing boxing gloves in S3.

rvhgf7.jpg

Heh, in the scans the characters all look pretty good!

Jaysus, hot from the presses! XD
    Dudley's Ultra down there looks awesome.
    dud2.png
    ibu2.png

EDIT: Woops, sorry Dreddy!

edit: already posted

really hope that doesnt mean he has a counter ultra...

Judging from those Dud has his jet upper super and not corkscrew so I was wrong on that :P

The move he's performing on rog looks new altho if I had to guess his HCF + Kick duck thing is still there

Can pretty much see all of his old moves, and maybe some new ones. His ultra seems to incorporate signature corkscrew style finish(?)

As for Mak, looks like she got SA2ish move for an Ultra, and she has her rage as a super move (one of the pics you can see her red, plus bottom right pic is the activation of it)

Wow seems my most farfetched guess was right :pac:

• Advertisement

ssf4photo2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266371990193
    ssf4photo1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266372089726

edit: pics deleted

Advertisement