Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    really hope that doesnt mean he has a counter ultra...

From looking at the scan it seems that the headlines with the red circles besode them are Ultras. Dudley's Ultra in the middle of the page looked disturbingly close to a counter when I first saw it... here's hoping that's wrong. Either that or it's some sort of crotch grabbing throw. XD

Also looks like Ibuki basically got all three of her Supers from SF3. Ultras are her 'splodey throw and that one where she dashes back and forth, her Super looks to be the ariel kunai barage.

EDIT: Was just over on IPlayWinner.com
    Some new screenshots are popping up from all over! The first two are from GamersLounge which I know many of you have seen...but I just got a huge surprise in that the second two were just now sent to my iPhone from someone who is not on my contacts list! W T F!!??

EDIT: N/M! I just recieved another text saying to take down the screenshots! Sorry!

Well colour me very much intrigued. first two screenshots are still up there, but whatever these other two ones were, they're gone. I doubt he was refering to the VS screen and Ibuki Focus since they're on Gamerlounge too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I posted them before they were deleted, but they're gone now. It was Makoto doing a dash punch on Juri.

edit: Oh, didn't notice your last line. It was them though, they redirect to "page not found" now. Probably cause they had Juri's alt costume or something.

edit 2: rehosting:

juri.jpg

Ah right. I was wondering what that empty post was about.

EDIT:
    Probably cause they had Juri's alt costume or something.

That looks ****e by the way XD

EDITEDIT:
    Here's the other one... and now I'm going to bed! XD
    ssf4photo1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Where's shadow? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Awful weird alligment on Capcom JP if there's only 4 more character http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html .....

/rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Where's shadow? :P

poochy.gif

Nearly looks better in this hehe

dudley+ssf4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I've never played 3S but I've seen lots of footage and I really am excited about Makoto. The others not so much though I'm sure they'll be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they all look great STFU u ungreatful shower of pricks ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Guys keeping them streamlined like their designs in 3s wouldn't work in 4. All the characters in 4 are more compact and powerful. It's just the way they went.

I was reading SF20 the other day and actually the 4 designs are LESS stocky than the original sketches.

I may give this dudley character a test drive, kicking a rogs ass with him would be all kinds of cool.

• Advertisement

Guys keeping them streamlined like their designs in 3s wouldn't work in 4. All the characters in 4 are more compact and powerful. It's just the way they went.
    Yar, I meant to mention this. Look at Guy sure. He's crazy muscley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I may give this dudley character a test drive, kicking a rogs ass with him would be all kinds of cool.

Ye he is probably the character I am most interested in now. I originally was interested in dee jay but since they took away his ex dread kick crumple he is not looking too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Dudley is going to be very popular, this much is already apparent from viewing SRK forums. However, I might take Cody for a test drive, seeing as Alex was omitted :(

I'm pretty happy with the amount of characters in this addition that I'm actually going to really like using. Guy, Dudley, Ibuki and Adon have always been favourites of mine, and Juri is looking severely awesome.
    Not bad for half the new characters to actually be characters I want to train with!

I was reading SF20 the other day and actually the 4 designs are LESS stocky than the original sketches.

Yea, I understand this, but to me Dudley just looks wrong. Its only a statci image though, hopefully his animated stance will make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No new charge characters at all then it would seem, unless Hakkan turns out to be one seeing as he's some sort of wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A-Trak wrote: »
    No new charge characters at all then it would seem, unless Hakkan turns out to be one seeing as he's some sort of wrestler.

Dee Jay is a charge character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hmm. Maybe it's just as well they didn't bring Elena back then. Still, two of my top three 3s guys are here too so no complaining from me.

If that's Juli's alternate costume, I'm a tad disappointed. It's rather uninspired.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dee Jay is a charge character.

they might as well just call him Guile-Li though :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looking forward to making Ibuki my new main. She was no where near top tier in 3s but I just have so much fun playing as her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

DudleyBlood.jpg

I knew I'd seen him recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So many new exciting characters for me to try (except Hawk, DeeJay and Guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Jim wrote: »
    Hmm...not mad any of them tbh :/

Dudley looks too young. Ibuki's face looks like a man, and Makoto's face looks squashed or something.

Bah!

SF4 was said that it takes place before SF3 if i recall correctly?

Ibuki has a mask on, & shes a ninja, you will never see herface, and if you do, you die 3 seconds later.

Makoto is Makoto, i always thoight she was a guy...

i bet ibuki is gonna have rubbish health

fckn GAY

Curses. Image of Hakan went up on Shoryuken and was deleted within minutes. Hope someone grabbed a copy. (or at least knows how to view their cache)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Shloer wrote: »
    I've never played 3S but I've seen lots of footage and I really am excited about Makoto. The others not so much though I'm sure they'll be fun.

She's really enjoyable to play. I like the fact that her "Rindouken" style is really just Shotokan Karate. All the other characters seem to have moves loosely based on a martial art but Makoto is 100% Shotokan.

makoto + lag = death
    lets hope her moves have more startup, end frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

About the pic of Dudley vs T.Hawk, that's just a part of Dud's stance. I know it looks a litle weird in that particular frame. But trust me. Like in 3s if you stand neutral with Dudley he kind of dances around a bit

Edit : Upon further examination of the first pic, it actually resembles his walking animation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Apparently d+HP+HK is a command taunt for some characters now (Dudley rose throw, Guile puts his shades on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm over the moon, I actually got a little shiver up my spine when I finally saw pics of the 3s characters in sf4.

Finally! I'm so happy :D

HMUYA wrote: »
    Aw, I was kinda hoping they weren't going to release Dudley and Ibuki and all the clues were just Capcom messing with us.

:)

I shall be picking ibuki whenever I fight you , expect many kunais to the face in the near future. You will not enjoy it. Ask terry.

muahahahahaha

Advertisement