Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

In any match no matter how good the player and no matter the character your can't keep anyone out for good if the players are around even skill level.
    You could say the exact same thing about Dhalsim and Seth how is anyone suppose to get in, there zoning tools are much better than Guiles but they will make a mistake.

Guile is mean't to have the advantage in zoning her, that why is considered an even match up. She has more options once she gets in does more damage, Guile needs to find away out and reset the screen.

Its why Guile is a bad character because once he can't win a fireball zone or can't zone his opponent with fireballs he has to come out and fight and he is rather limited at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Azza wrote: »
    If thats from Shoryuken.com you could probably go into any forum for any character with the exception of Sagat and Ryu and you will probably here them say the same thing about the character for that forum.

The people who post there tend to play there characters in depth and understand the weakness of their own particular character more than people who play other characters which is only normal. They all tend to draw the same conclusions that they have the worst character flaws in the game. They have to play much hard for the win than the top tier characters. (This is only true in the case of Bison;))

That is from shoryuken and while it is true that every forum says it for some characters, with Chun it feels like for every match. I'd say about half my losses when playing with Chun I'm left there with a feeling of having done nothing wrong. I never felt like this with Blanka, when I lost I was usually able to say to myself I did X wrong or I was just plainly beaten.

I would also love for her jab fireball to stop dissipating.

HMUYA wrote:
    with Chun it feels like for every match
    They would also say that too :D.

I can assure you if your name is Honda or Bison and your playing Chun you will feel like that as well.

Or if your name is Abel or Cammy and your facing Geif.
    Or if you name is Zangief and your facing a decent Sagat, Blanka or Seth.
    Or if your name is Vega and your playing anyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In any match no matter how good the player and no matter the character your can't keep anyone out for good if the players are around even skill level.
    You could say the exact same thing about Dhalsim and Seth how is anyone suppose to get in, there zoning tools are much better than Guiles but they will make a mistake.

Guile is mean't to have the advantage in zoning her, that why is considered an even match up. She has more options once she gets in does more damage, Guile needs to find away out and reset the screen.

Its why Guile is a bad character because once he can't win a fireball zone or can't zone his opponent with fireballs he has to come out and fight and he is rather limited at that.

Fine.

Anyone who beats me only does so because of my character is limited.

*Nods*

Well with the exception of Honda and Bison, loose to them and you need to give yourself a good floging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rarely feel that myself. Generally when I lose, I instantly know why. I missed my bnb combo. I stopped zoning properly. I made stupid wake up decisions. I did an unsafe teleport. etc. etc.

Maybe it's due to my character choice. Apart from a few fights now and then that hinge on a pixel of health ofcourse. But those are rare enough. 90% of the time I know what I did right to win and what I did wrong to lose.

Surely the same should be true of every cast member? If you don't know why you lost with chun you aren't thinking hard enough about it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Chunners needs her spinning bird kick improved alright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Rarely feel that myself. Generally when I lose, I instantly know why. I missed my bnb combo. I stopped zoning properly. I made stupid wake up decisions. I did an unsafe teleport. etc. etc.

Maybe it's due to my character choice. Apart from a few fights now and then that hinge on a pixel of health ofcourse. But those are rare enough. 90% of the time I know what I did right to win and what I did wrong to lose.

Surely the same should be true of every cast member? If you don't know why you lost with chun you aren't thinking hard enough about it. :p

Got to say this is how I see it too. I lose because I don't make myself win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kirby wrote: »

Lol, nice how you never lose because you got outplayed :pac:

Well you can understand the frustration of people who are playing a game where they have out played their opponent and got a substantail health, and then throw out a normal or special move only to get hit by a psychic Tiger Uppercut FADC foward+HK ULTRA and go "gee where did 60% of my health go".

Where as Sagat or Ryu gets careless and throws out a Tiger Uppercut or Shoryuken and they whiff and land in front of say Blanka who hasn't got charge, what the hell can he do, a 2 hit normal combo at most for crappy damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I lose a lot when the person I'm fighting is better then me.

By being better, they stuff my game, and make me do do things I shouldn't, and miss things I would normally hit, because I'm under pressure due to the fact they're better then me/

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Lol, nice how you never lose because you got outplayed :pac:

Thats a general term. I made the wrong decision, he made the right one. Therefore he outplayed me. But it was still my own wrong decision that cost me the game. If I might the right choices, he won't outplay me.

I mean its fairly simple. If you come up against somebody far better than you, you might lose everytime. But you should know WHY you are losing....because its obvious.

Pressure in the corner you couldn't escape. A mix up game you couldn't anticipate or counter. Fireball pressure. being out footsie'd etc.

Finding a way to counter what he is doing is hard but seeing how he is beating you is as easy as watching the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, I agree Kirby, just messing around.

Nonsense! I challenge you to a duel . Flying limb SPD must commence at once! :D And by at once, I ofcourse mean a sensible hour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I come to this thread having not seen it in a while and there are 4 new pages of posts so I think, "yes, more super vids!"

Turns out it was 4 pages of arguments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Considering the comment threads EventHub gets I think we should be happy with 4 pages of coherent arguments.

Possible image of Hakan.

22_hakanssf4.jpg

Judging from this picture I can safely say with 100% certainty that he is too overpowered and will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Possible image of Hakan.

22_hakanssf4.jpg

Judging from this picture I can safely say with 100% certainty that he is too overpowered and will be banned.
    Saw this image last night. Nice dodgey Super meter Hak!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

broken link

Seems they have taken it down, looked pretty rough alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

shadow/charlie/haken

nfihy8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Can anyoine grab it out of their cache? I didn't get to see it =(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    shadow/charlie/haken

nfihy8.jpg

what the **** is it printed on, papyrus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

animaX wrote: »
    papyrus?!

Where does paper come from again? xD

AFAIK that pic is fake, it's pretty old

Sairus wrote: »
    Can anyoine grab it out of their cache? I didn't get to see it =(
    34o4t2d.jpg

I call very very fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ramza wrote: »
    AFAIK that pic is fake, it's pretty old

Tis indeed both fake and old.

It's a mocked up image from an old version of Famitsu that had the DeeJay reveal.

fakityfakityfake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

@jim

yeah some guy called "newinfo" with 1 post posted that. Looks like pretty damn fake alright, very odd pose.

Heres this though, which he more then likely based the fake on:

segreeeeto.jpg

That's supposed to be hakan there obscured by the blanka toy. Face/head looks close to the fake image, but he's wearing a vest it seems.

New screenie, doesn't show much though.

oh8lmr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

and more ibuki images

http://kotaku.com/5477010/hey-look-its-ibuki-again/gallery/4

nothing special.

and this: really seems ibuki and makoto are out to make sure the rest of the SF cast won't be able to reproduce

ssfm20_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but it'd be odd for an oil wrestler to wear any upper body clothes. The oil is intended to reduce grip. Wearing clothes would negate that advantage.

Advertisement