Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This isn't directed at you dunjohn but it's amazing how everyone suddenly hates the new announcer and loves the old one...

Am I the only one who doesn't even notice? On account of, you know, fighting for my (digital) life?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Announcer means nothing to me, I don't even notice the current announcer at all in game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that an anti-air set up for vegas ultra 2?

Don't think so, think Vega just caught him before he landed but its not an anti air ultra per say.

Looking at some of the videos.

Balrog's Ultra 2 looks like it can't be evaded once the animation starts (assuming your in range) would make zero sense for people being able to jump out of it after it start, would be a completely broken useless move.

Blanka's ground ultra seems to do about 400 damage at full strength. Considering it takes over half of a full like Seth's health (which would be about 375). For sure not safe on block.

Gen has apparantly recieved the most changes. His 2 new ultra's look like they do good damage. His new Touch of Death ultra does gray damage. Apparantly his main buff is that his wall dive is now fast enough to a viable move to actually hit someone, giving him good ultra set ups.

Guiles normals seem slightly less laggy. Also his Sonic Hurricane is safe on block and does a nice bit of chip damage.

Juri has an air normal that looks identical to Chun's neutral jump roundhouse.
    I feel ill seeing that.

M.Bisons non ex Psycho Crusher looks faster. Hard to see any other differences but its possible that some of his normals like c.hp and s.hk look quicker. Ultra 2 does great damage, and seems to have quite a large hit box because it did not seem it needed to hit right beside his opponent.

Seth looks as good as ever. New ultra should reward the players who use a more aggressive play style.

Vega, hard to tell but his Rolling Crystal Flash looks faster. Claw seems to stay on longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

When i was listening to that podcast i was liking what they were saying about juri and then they said she had a neutral jump rh like chun li i said to myself i think ill give her a go :pac:

Whats the deal with bisons ultra? It looks like fuertes but maybe even better?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

This isn't directed at you dunjohn but it's amazing how everyone suddenly hates the new announcer and loves the old one...

Am I the only one who doesn't even notice? On account of, you know, fighting for my (digital) life?
    For the record, I think we're all aware, I always loved both the old announcer and the old menu music!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Azza wrote: »
    Don't think so, think Vega just caught him before he landed but its not an anti air ultra per say.

I was thinking it's kind of like honda using his old ultra as an anti air option just with stricter timing. At least it is a set up.
    D4RK ONION wrote:
    For the record, I think we're all aware, I always loved both the old announcer and the old menu music!

I cast thee out you sick bastard!

I'm still not sure about Dan, I would like to see a match of him against a fireball character. He has some nice combos though.

I still think Adon looks rather good despite what the podcast said. He seems to have great health and can easily get in on top of characters where he has some decent mix up. I'd say he is difficult to zone.

Also I'm loving Ibuki's target combos. She seems difficult to get in but once she manages to get a combo off you are going to eat a lot of damage.

Noticed in that video that Chun-Li', her EX.Leg hits 4 times instead of 3. Hopefully they have nerfed the damage or tweaked it to prevent it fully connecting off c.lk to somewhat compensate for the fact she will have one if not the easist ultra in the game to land. If it remains the same she has 2 or 3 hit combo that will do 230-240 damage before connecting her ultra which will be scaled to either 70% or 60%. I can't imagine Chun's new ultra has a maximum damage of less than 300 damage. Assuming that relatively conversative number is what she has then she is pretty much garunteed to land an ultra that will at least do between 360 to 420 damage every round. As well as that her EX.SBK is suppose to be better anti air and safe on block (although its suppose to do less damage and have less range). Seems they went abit overboard with her.
    Bush wrote:
    Whats the deal with bisons ultra? It looks like fuertes but maybe even better?

Its a non charge ultra (2xQCF X 3p). Like Feurtes the distance is controlable but its not a grab. It has full screen range. It can be blocked (must be blocked high). It can hit on either side of the opponent. Does alot of damage if it hits. Can also be combo-ed from the same 2xj.mp target combo that Bison has.

Apparantly its faster than Elf's current ultra one and a better fireball punisher than Abels current ultra.

The theory behind it on the Bison forums is it address a couple of his main weaknesses. Mainly his issues with getting around fireballs and is inability to punish mistakes heavily.

In matches where he struggles to get in at fireball characters he will simply sit back and focus absorb the fireballs until he has enought meter for his new ultra. At which point the opponent has to stop throwing fireballs or eat the ultra. With no fireballs coming at him Bison can approach them from the ground without getting his ass handed to him in the air.

Should also be able to punish alot of stuff that he could not punish before or could not punish that well. Hopefully it will own Chun's neutral jump roundhouse as well :D

You can't cast me out, cause I'm in-des-tructable!

Noticed in that video that Chun-Li', her EX.Leg hits 4 times instead of 3. Hopefully they have nerfed the damage or tweaked it to prevent it fully connecting off c.lk to somewhat compensate for the fact she will have one if not the easist ultra in the game to land. If it remains the same she has 2 or 3 hit combo that will do 230-240 damage before connecting her ultra which will be scaled to either 70% or 60%. I can't imagine Chun's new ultra has a maximum damage of less than 300 damage. Assuming that relatively conversative number is what she has then she is pretty much garunteed to land an ultra that will at least do between 360 to 420 damage every round.

It looks like it does decent damage raw in that vid.
    cl.rh ex legs ultra will do a lot of damage.

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Cool. BTW WTF is Ken saying at the start/end of his new ultra? I think at the start I can hear "This'll work!" or something, and at the end he says something like "One more [something]"

Curious :confused:
    He says "One more for good measure!"
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm not sure what Adon's health stats are, but from watching him versus Sagat, ol' one eye's DPs look crazy nerfed. Like, half damage nerfed.
    I approve =D

Cody's ultra is a bit weird. It gets blocked, and you think it's done but the it keeps going! Pity it'll only ever trick people once :P

EDIT: it also looks like Akuma can cancel out oh his teleport into the ROFLcopter. That could be dangerous!

Yeah Tiger Uppercut seems alot weaker. Good good.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Noticed in that video that Chun-Li', her EX.Leg hits 4 times instead of 3.

It already hits 4 times on certain characters, one of which is cammy.

Red350 wrote: »

I think I remember reading that you can make it go for longer by mashing longer, kind of like dee jays mgu. I could be totally wrong here though.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    EDIT: it also looks like Akuma can cancel out oh his teleport into the ROFLcopter. That could be dangerous!

I can confirm this from Cannes.

However, it can be dodged by simply ducking, so I am not sure how effective it will be.
    Yeah Tiger Uppercut seems alot weaker. Good good.

Azza and DooM in agreement shock.

Redman350 wrote:

Yeah it was Cammy in the video where Chun got 4 hits from ex.legs. In regular SF IV seems against most characters she only gets 3 hits and then 2 hits from a follow on ex.legs juggle. However the characters where she gets the 4 hits from ex.legs only get 1 hit from another ex.leg juggle.

Thats a relief. Don't think any of her specials need a damage buff when shes got her new ultra.

As for Akuma's new ultra.
    A few things have been confirmed about it.
    It should combo off ex air hadoken.
    Also off a level 3 focus crumple.
    Possibly off Shoryuken FADC back dash. (forward dash does not work for sure)
    Apparantly Akuma can cancel out of his Demon Flip Kick slide as well.

Anyway I don't think its that important for Akuma to have a viable ultra. He's pretty good as is at the moment and considering some of the top tier have been nerfed he's look as strong as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Ah I'm having flashbacks now, to when I was hyped waiting for SF4.

Near release they finally came out with videos of good gameplay. Good players playing the game I mean.

However it was always a game where ultras were landed in a very fitting way.

Same can be said for these vids, seems like they got good players to fight eachother over and over till they got a match where one player lands a new ultra, then later the 2nd player lands the 2nd ultra.

Either that or the fights are a little scripted 'ok we fight full on but in the 1st round I'm gonna land my ultra, in the 3rd you land yours'
    Ramza wrote: »
    Cool. BTW WTF is Ken saying at the start/end of his new ultra? I think at the start I can hear "This'll work!" or something, and at the end he says something like "One more [something]"

Curious :confused:

This'll hurt.

One more for good measure.

That ken AI gameplay was actually impressive for AI. Emulated a bit more how real players would play.

Now can anyone tell me wtf akuma says in his retarded ultra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sisko wrote: »
    Now can anyone tell me wtf akuma says in his retarded ultra?

The part during the cutscene (you know - while his chin interpenetrates his prayer beads) is clearly "The other realm awaits."

Can't make out what the hell he says on startup - which I assume is what you're wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

All of Sims normals are the same. Same damage, same frames. Not a single change. Dashes are the same too. And they haven't fixed his super either where if they are in the air, it does no damage. Completely ignored character. Sad panda.

Nobody has used his upflame yet though. Still holding out hope for some improvement there. And people are only using drills for positioning. Maybe they are safe on hit now. :rolleyes:

Kirby wrote: »
    All of Sims normals are the same. Same damage, same frames. Not a single change. Dashes are the same too. And they haven't fixed his super either where if they are in the air, it does no damage. Completely ignored character. Sad panda.

Nobody has used his upflame yet though. Still holding out hope for some improvement there. And people are only using drills for positioning. Maybe they are safe on hit now. :rolleyes:

Dude there's no way you can know the frames from a couple of videos!

Ye and a lot of characters look like they didnt get anything, its just sim. At least he didnt get nerfed like a lot of characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye and a lot of characters look like they didnt get anything, its just sim. At least he didnt get nerfed like a lot of characters.

I thought none of the characters were going to get weaker only stronger?

Now I don't want to call Capcom liars, but that was a big FAT LIE! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Now I don't want to call Capcom liars, but that was a big FAT LIE! :p

I guess we should expect that from Capcom by now. I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year we're discussing a 3rd installment of SF4.

If it makes the game better, I wouldn't mind. Sure it took them 3 to get SF3 perfect, and even then I'm sure they could've gone further!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it makes the game better, I wouldn't mind. Sure it took them 3 to get SF3 perfect, and even then I'm sure they could've gone further!
    *cough*nerfChun&Yun*cough*

Well yeah, I did say there could be more done :pac:

Wait, this thread is about SSF4! Em... U2 and overpowered and no changes and such!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is. I don't play any other char and I know my guy well. That new video of him vs cammy combined with the old sagat v sim from january does all his normals. They are the same.

His crouching jab and crouching light kick are still 3 frames and have poor range. Was hoping for a slight buff.

Advertisement