Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"Dojo" edition of Super announced. Pretty nice CE considering the amount of stuff you get with it. Pity the tshirt is godawful looking. Wonder if this will be US only.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.181156800?resid=S4MWDgoHAi4AAHKUIJIAAAAC&rests=1269186632537

dojo_360-1.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Over on the Bison forums a user claiming to have a preview copy of SSF IV has reported a few changes for Bison.

HP Psycho Crusher up 10 to 140 damage.

Light Kick Scissors down 10 to 90 damage.
    S.HK down 20 to 100.
    Close S.HP down 20 to 100.
    Ex.Stomp down 20 to 180. (Does not track)

He reported that some of Bison's normals felt faster but he wasn't sure.

Also reported that Bison's new ultra is great. Can easily punish fireballs from full screen.

Also reported that Ryu's DP now trades with some meaty attacks, this has been reported before by other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jim wrote: »
    "Dojo" edition of Super announced. Pretty nice CE considering the amount of stuff you get with it. Pity the tshirt is godawful looking. Wonder if this will be US only.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.181156800?resid=S4MWDgoHAi4AAHKUIJIAAAAC&rests=1269186632537

dojo_360-1.jpg

I thought it was a pretty ****e CE myself. Lots of stuff in it but most SF players aren't going to want or use any of that stuff, and at twice the price of the standard edition I wouldn't even consider the purchase.
    I would have much prefered something like a sick bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Characters should have strengths and weaknesses otherwise we'd all be boring and end up like Terry playing Sagat (only messing man).

You haven't played me in a while have you ;)

Also, I still have your scarf!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A headband?
    What is this, the 90s?
    karate_kid.jpg

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    A headband?
    What is this, the 90s?
    Oy, as a bandana enthusiast I find your remarks quite inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Kirbys gone insane and turned into CyberKirby!!

I want the old Kirby back. :o

Btw you mentioned everyone's mains got better cept yours. My 'main' has been nerfed harder then any other character from what info is coming out anyway.

Nerfed harder then sagat, not made better. In fact , it almost seems everyone in the upper half of the tier list has recived mostly nerfs, not changes for the better.

So by default, staying the same means sim is better in SSFIV then he was in SFIV.

I'm not complaining mind you I'm holding all judgment till I play the game and am all for a more balenced game. Although I dunno why DP was nerfed so badly really seems a little like over kil but we'll see.

I think the idea is to reduce the power of aa's and reversals in general in the game.

Also I do understand where you coming from regarding wanting to see new stuff for your main. Understandable alright, just the stuff about you reading frame data from a 30fps youtube vid is whats making people go ..wtf?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think the idea of DP nerf was to balance the character usage. It made Shoto's strong as they had the best AA by far... and part of the reason they got so much play. Its understandable really. And sagat can power up his Tiger uppercut now with metre. Thats pretty nifty. Not sure how useful it is but its cool anyway.

Nah they nerfed ryu's specifically. From what I understand they buffed kens :D (watch out for more flowchart maddness in the early weeks of ssf4)

I reckon cannon spike was the best AA actually. But that's been nerfed too.

Ryu's DP would trade a lot with some characters, and what made that dangerous was that he could ultra from trade.

Now they removed that and nerfed the DP too. Damage + its ability to actually AA someone jumping at you.

( From what I hear )

Same chap is reporting Sagats roundhouse now does 120 damage as opposed to 150.

Tiger Uppercut FADC f+hk u1, does like 480 damage in SSF IV as opposed to 622-630 it does now.

Bisons c.mk down to 65 from 70.
    Ex.Psycho up 10 to 150 damage.

Elf Fuertes Tortilla is down 15 hit points.

Also reports Ryu and Rufus general damage is lowered as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nerfs all round

Cept for chunny :D (well standing roundhouse but yeah) :pac:

Hmm... if there are lots of damage nerfs, this could lead to something interesting:
    either there'll be a LOT of turtling (because damage output is lower) -- or there'll be more aggressive play (lots of attempts at attacking).

Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Great news for my poor wickle akuma :D - worst thing about his ultra aside from looking like a ****ing dreidel is the way they cut to a new frame with no impact and make the whoosh noise - looks muck.

Sisko wrote: »

Chun li got it goin on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

not sure if you've seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4RaQlYBZg

Get to see Abel's new ultra being used. Seems very very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Sisko wrote: »
    I think every gief player'l be happy that they'll actully see the roundhouse before they eat this time :D

Speed Boat wrote: »
    not sure if you've seen this one: 4h4RaQlYBZg

Get to see Abel's new ultra being used. Seems very very fast.

Sigh both abel and dudley say the exact same feckin thing at the start of a fight.

WHY o WHY did they not just give dudley his classic "lets fight like gentlemen..."

1st time I've seen abels new ultra, I don't like all these spinny lines we're seening in many new utlras but apart from what its pretty cool.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/video_player.php?id=cw4ba3b6e9875ab

Video featuring some of the new alts in action along with some retarded players such as a vibrating ryu (god I love taunting those guys) and a lighting leg spammer.

Goukens alt looks kinda cool.....till his hand clip through it during his win pose....

Eurogamer article : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/super-street-fighter-iv-hands-on

based upon first impressions the biggest changes to SSFIV are its tighter balancing, increased speed and greater diversity.

on ibuki:
    you have a ninja who, just like her Third Strike incarnation, makes a 10-hit combo look like nothing. UnFortunately she takes damage badly.
    :(
    Those who played SFIV to death are also going to find their tech and link timing needs readjusting, as the tempo for SSFIV has been turned up. The new dual-Ultra system ups the variety on offer by a considerable degree, and a lot of the returning characters are now more competitive thanks to their extra firepower.

Dhalsim, Balrog and E. Honda have command throws, Fei Long and Cammy have reversals, and Rufus supplements his insanely combo-able Space Opera Symphony with the new Big Bang Typhoon, which has little combo-ability but will catch you out if you so much as sneeze.

And this:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/super_street_fighter_4/preview-2264.html

I headed straight to Guile - I'd heard he'd been ever so slightly tweaked to make him more powerful, and as an old school fan of the spiky-haired US army general, I needed to know. It's true: he's now even better. His pressure mix up game - so good in past Street Fighters - is reborn. His crouching medium punch is now easier to link from, enabling some great poke, Sonic Boom, tick throw mix ups. Unfortunately, his Overhead Kick doesn't hit high - as it did in Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD, but he still has a dirty towards medium punch that does the job almost as well.

The Sonic Hurricane (charge back, forward, back, forward and all three punches), is lifted straight out of Guile's Marvel vs. Capcom incarnation, and spits out a vortex Sonic Boom that stays close to Guile for a few seconds, damaging anyone silly enough to jump into it. Finally, he has an Ultra worth the complex command input, and it can be more easily comboed into from the Double Flash.

Across the roster the Japanese company has resisted the temptation to nerf powerful characters (Sagat and Ryu) Ryu's medium Dragon Punch, for example, now juggles.

wha?

Budding ninja girl Ibuki can, once again, chuck throwing knifes in mid air. Her tiny health bar, however, forces her on the offensive.

>.< damn.

on hakan:
    It's mental. Proper mental. It looks like Hakan shoots his opponent out of his arse. Actually, it looks worse than that. It sounds disgusting, too. The oil makes a horrible noise as characters slide along Hakan's body. His damage and high stamina will make Hakan useful for expert players, but, really, nobody wants to see the Oil Combination Hold. Ever.

lol
    The animes have been redone, but in truth they're still crap.

I was hoping to maybe try maining ibuki, I knew she'd have low health but was hoping for something near chun li , if she's that bad I deffo wont be able to main her, I'm just too clumsy a player, I need some room for error.

we'll see though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If Ultra works better off Guile's super and they've made his cr mp more linkable that could turn him into another jab = ultra character.

Although it'll leave him without ex so not quite so irritating.

• Advertisement

Event Hubs are reporting the stamina and stun rankings for the new characters, but they are not offically confirmed yet.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/stamina-and-stun-rankings-new-ssf4-cast-members/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The animes have been redone, but in truth they're still crap.
    God dammit.

After watching Juri fighting in her alternate I only now realise how small she looks. Compared with the steroid power users, Juri has no muscles. She looks pretty out of place standing beside Cammy =/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Guile is a Colonel, not a General. Post null and void.

Small Asian women.

They're hot.

If Ultra works better off Guile's super and they've made his cr mp more linkable that could turn him into another jab = ultra character.

Although it'll leave him without ex so not quite so irritating.

Been playing some guile again recently my linking habits from ryu translate to him naturally enough with out much thinking as they used to on pad, like I'd find myself landing c.lk .clp c.mp -> boom/fl-kick without thinking , or even fadcing the flash kick when my insticts tell me the mp wont link.

I didnt know his mp linking was meant to be harder. I always thought they should give him some more links, like why c.mk isnt linkable or from what I can see you can't go c.mp - c.hp ->flash kick etc.

Supercancling seems pretty hard though, something that would need a bit of practice to get going. But indeed it would mean he could store up a super, and ultimatly land an ultra from a jab. I can't see that being some B&B guile stuff hehe. But its nice to have even for the rare times it'd come into play.

Azza wrote: »
    Event Hubs are reporting the stamina and stun rankings for the new characters, but they are not offically confirmed yet.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/stamina-and-stun-rankings-new-ssf4-cast-members/
    PPC wrote: »

ibuki 900 hp

hmmmmmmmmm not as bad as I thought but still less then juris? Anyway it sounded like she was gonna be akuma health
    Sairus wrote: »
    God dammit.

After watching Juri fighting in her alternate I only now realise how small she looks. Compared with the steroid power users, Juri has no muscles. She looks pretty out of place standing beside Cammy =/

hehe she's still pretty athletic but yeah she's no female body builder like cammy :pac:

Speaking of cammy, from PPC's link:
    SRK Damage changes:

Ryu - From 160-140-130 to 150-130-100 (Don't forget that the larger two are 2 hits too).

Cammy - 150-140-120 to 100 for all three.

Sagat - 170-150-140 to 100 for all three . EX Scar version does 180.

Ken - no exact numbers, but LP DP is 120 now and his others will be 140-160.

Fei - the same, apparently

Akuma - 190-160-120 to 150-130-100

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

So, this is what the stamina looks like now:

Seth

Akuma

Chun Li
    C. Viper
    Dhalsim
    El Fuerte
    Gen
    Ibuki

Adon
    Cammy
    Guy
    Juri
    Makoto
    Rose
    Sakura

Cody
    Dan
    Dee Jay
    Fei Long
    Gouken
    Guile
    Ken
    M. Bison
    Ryu
    Sagat
    Vega

Blanka
    Dudley
    Hakan

Abel
    Balrog
    E. Honda
    Zangief

Rufus
    T. Hawk

I wasn't expecting Makoto and Juri to have the same stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't think thats right man. I thought they buffed chun's health anyway.

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't think thats right man. I thought they buffed chun's health anyway.

It was only a rumor

• Advertisement

RUFUS at 1150?
    This better not be true...

Advertisement