Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I should have mentioned that none of these are confirmed - although I've heard nothing so far about a stamina buff for Chun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RUFUS at 1150?
    This better not be true...

Rufus is at 1150 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

indeed. Rufus is a tank. most people don't realise he is just below Zangief. And his throw does more damage than everyone elses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I also heard they put her up to 1000. Can't remember where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I think el fuerte has gotten a health buff. Rufus having more health then gief is not right, not that giefs shouldnt have been nerfed but rufus should be in the blanka hakan area, or the balrog area at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

French Site Neo-Arcadia have posted alot of info about SSF IV.

Running through it with a translator at the moment.

Here is some of what I have got.

Firstly game changes.
    They say they measured the game against SF IV and found the game speed to be identical. No speed difference at all.
    Autoguard is still used.
    Shortcuts are still there.
    Most gameplay mechanics are identical.
    Focus attacks are quicker but people crumple faster than before.
    Unlocks like taunts and colours are awarded via game time. The more you play the more you unlock.
    Cetain glitchs remain, like Sagat being unable to fully connect his ultra on Rose in the corner. Or Blanka's slide not being able to hit Rose when she walks forward.

Akuma
    Roundhouse loop is gone.
    Ultra 1 has been reduced to 510 damage down from 600.
    Only know set up for Ultra 2 is Ex.Air Hadoken.
    Ultra 2 can be cancelled out of Teleport and Demon Flip Slide.

Balrog
    No noticed changes from SF IV.
    He can be thrown from all his dash punches including his ex.dash punch just like in SF IV.
    His ultra 1 seems to juggle like it did in SF IV.
    Ultra 2 can be jumped away from on reaction. They described the move as utterly useless.

C.Viper
    Possible she got a speed increase.

Ultra 2 is really good.
    Set ups include

1 Ex.Seismo, SJC, ultra 2
    2 HP, HJC, U2
    3.C.HP, HP.TK, cancel, Ultra 2.
    4. J.HK, C.HP, HP.TK, FACD, Ultra 2
    5. Ex.Seismo, LP.TK, SJC, Ultra 2 (normal Seismo should work too)

Chun-Li
    Her new ultra is easy to land but generally doesn't do much damage.

E.Honda
    Ultra 1 has improved range in going through fireballs.

Honda's LP and EX.Headbutts have a small amount of invincible frames on start up. Not enough to get through fireballs when he is standing but they do allow him to reversal through them when he's getting up from a knock down.
    This change makes his headbutts stronger as an anti air move.
    His buttslams have changed somehow. Seems they are less safe or DP's are more effective against them. Translation is abit ropey.

Guile
    Ultra 2 is very good answer to the shoto's apparantly. Shuts down opponents fireball game if Guile can get in range.
    Ultra 2 is very fast and can double as anti air in some situations.
    Ultra 1 has been changed. The bulk of the damage now comes from the final part of the ultra. Meaning the last kick does much damage than it did before where as the damage on the multi hitting first 2 kicks has been reduced.
    Nothing else was noticed.

Can combo Ultra 2 from anti air flash kick as well as combo-ing from Super.

Ken
    Ken HP DP has more invincible frames on start up. Its better anti air now.

Kens current ultra set ups should work for his new ultra.
    Ken's ex.air tatsu can set up his new ultra.
    Ken can focus cancel an ex.hadoken into his new ultra.

Rose.
    Her new ultra does 240 damage is really good. Excellent reversal
    The orbs appear to put opponents in a juggle state and you can get both of them to hit in 1 combo.
    Ultra set ups include.

1. J.HP, Ultra 2, S.HP xx Drill xx Super
    2. Focus attack, Ultra 2, S. HK Xx Drill (you can rejuggle a HK each time that one of the balls from the Ultra hit)
    3. J.HP, S. HP, Ex.Soul Spark, EX.FADC, S.HP, HP.SR, Ultra 2, EX.ST (470 damage with full super bar)

Rufus
    Ex.Snake Strike damage reduced by alot.
    Can combo into his new ultra from far standing hard kick. Otherwise pretty crap.

Ryu
    Can't DP trade into ultra but can trade into super. Its possible he can still land a trade into ultra is he has his opponent in the corner.
    Has lost his fireball into super trap. Can no longer cancel the recovery frames of fireball into super. Instead cancels start up frames of super.
    His HP DP is slight into 2 parts the first does 100 damage. The second does 50. So at best an anti air DP does 50 damage.
    DP seems to have less anti air priority, trades more.

All the rest works like it did before. All his current combo's remain.

FADC a DP into ultra 2 does not fully connect. Instead he gets a multi hitting DP like Gouken does and it does less damage than DP FADC Ultra 1.

He has a corner set up for his new ultra 2 which is
    J. Fierce, c. mp, c. mp, c. mk, fierce fireball, FADC, Ultra 2

Sagat
    Ultra 1 max damage is down to 510 from 583.
    Can still get a trade into roundhouse but its much more difficult. Needs certain circumstance to happen. Trades juggles may still work in the corner.
    They claim ex.scar causes tiger uppercut to do 170 damage as opposed to the 180 damage claimed on I Play Winner.

Sakura
    2 Ultra set ups include.
    J.HK, C.HP, EX.Tatsu ultra 2. Does 450 damage.
    J.HK, S.HP, LK.Tatsu, S.LK, EX.Tatsu, LP.DP, Ultra 2 (air version)

Vega
    Is much faster.
    His overhead is decent but its not the best.
    His claw stays on longer.
    He no longer whiffs wall dives because other players move and change the camera position.

His ultra 1 now launches people into the air on the way to wall much his ex.flying barcelona attack does now. It fully connects after the launch. The guy reported saying this is a very good ultra now by a long way the best charge ultra in the game, the guys testing it descibed it as almost brokenly good. Ultra 1 is faster and goes through all fireballs. It has less range than barcelona attack but is godly anti air.

Ultra 1 still has no invincible frames so its not going to work as reversal.

The guy reporting on Vega is undecided on ultra 2, he doesn't know what to make of it yet.

Zangief
    Ultra 1 max damage is down to 510 from 600.
    Lariat does not hit crouched opponents.

Maybe Tinja can help? Although I dunno how interested he is in super, he says he doesn't really like sf4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

Sisko wrote: »
    Maybe Tinja can help? Although I dunno how interested he is in super, he says he doesn't really like sf4.

I f**king hate this game ! for me their is no action but i will try to play the SSF4 just to confirm how much i hate this game ! ^^ I am fine playing it like 1h, after that i lose my patient and go crazy ...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think he meant you might be able to help with the French Translation!
    E.Honda
    Ultra 1 has improved range in going through fireballs.

Having difficult translating this part but the lp and ex version of either HHS or Headbutt have a few invincibility frames on start up that allow honda to get by fireballs. I'm not sure which move it is because the translator doesn't work. I think its his headbutt, but the fireball has to be really close for him to go through it I think.

Good to hear Ultra 1 has a bit more fireball invincibility, might be a bit more usable. As for invincibility on either move, it surely has to headbutt, HHS invincibility would be pretty pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

lol yeah ! didnt know it was a french website ! i will take a look and add what is missing or fogy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Vega
    Is much faster.

His ultra 1 now launches people into the air on the way to wall much his ex.flying barcelona attack does now. It fully connects after the launch. The guy reported saying this is a very good ultra now. Ultra 1 goes through all fireballs.
    I'm sort of looking at training in Vega now that I'm suddenly able to do those damn triangle motion Ultras, so this sounds fun.

I'd imagine that with Honda its LP and EX.Headbutts.

They will work like Bisons EX.Scissor Kick does now but Honda will probably have to longer ontill the fireball is practically on top of him. This allows Honda to get through without scoring a hit. Instead he can get slightly closer or he will have his ex.headbutt blocked which is mostly safe.

This seems like a good compromise. Honda gets in but doesn't score a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Tin.T wrote: »
    I f**king hate this game ! for me their is no action but i will try to play the SSF4 just to confirm how much i hate this game ! ^^ I am fine playing it like 1h, after that i lose my patient and go crazy ...

3s >>>> SF4 :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza wrote: »
    3s >>>> SF4 :cool:
    Yes, you've established your feelings on that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Guile
    (1) Ultra 2 is very good answer to the shoto's apparantly. Shuts down opponents fireball game if Guile can get in range.
    Ultra 2 is very fast and can double as anti air in some situations.
    (2)Ultra 1 has been changed. The bulk of the damage now comes from the final part of the ultra. Meaning the last kick does much damage than it did before where as the damage on the multi hitting first 2 kicks has been reduced.
    Nothing else was noticed.

(1) Could lead to an unusual situation of Guile winning fireball wars with Sagat. :D

(2) This is BAD, mkay, unless the Ultra locks in Like Abels. How many times I have I scored 2 hit Ultras- sometimes you can even hit for full air damage with the first two flashes and miss the third.

I wish people could decide whether guiles normals are buffed or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Vega's Ultra I still has no invincibility, then I can't see the juggling aspect of it being that great as it'll still trade or be beaten by everything.

The increased speed and the wall dive fixes have me interested though.

Always liked to play as Vega in SF II.

Ken
    Ken HP DP has more invincible frames on start up. Its better anti air now.

Ken's ex.air tatsu can set up his new ultra.
    Ken can focus cancel an ex.hadoken into his new ultra.

Looking good!

Dee Jay
    Dee Jay looks average.

Has decent combo's.
    His ultra set ups require his opponents to be in the corner.
    The mentioned is zoning game isn't as good as Guiles. His moves have longer recovery and his anti air nomals are not that good.

Combo-ing his jack knife kicks is difficult, requires the first jacknife kick to connect in a certain way.

Ultra 1 has not much range but is a reasonably good anti fireball ultra.
    Ultra 2 is pretty bad. Can't be used as anti air.
    His Super is pretty good.

T.Hawk
    Has the most health in game.
    He can't short jump.
    He builds meter fast.

His normals are very good. Give him a strong zoning game. Normals have huge range.
    His tick throws are apprantly really good. Huge range on his throws.

His new move the Condor Spire is good. Goes straight like say Blanka's ball. Ex Version goes through fireballs. Juggles opponents if it hits them when they are in the air.
    Mentioned overlapping commands with Hawk frequently giving him the wrong move when he wanted to do condor spire.
    His DP isn't that good. Has not got great range.
    His condor dive is crap. He can't use condor dive when he jumps backwards.
    Ultra 2 is excellent anti air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Orim wrote: »
    Rufus is at 1150 now.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dee Jay
    Dee Jay looks average.

Dee Jay was average before, he'll be average again.

But as long as you have rhythm, everything'll be okay.

Mon...

• Advertisement

My last 2 posts have been updated because someone on shoryuken has translated most of the french info. Basically a few bits and bobs added. Also so info on Ryu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I just know im going to hate t hawk. It pisses me off just looking at him and ive just noticed how annoying his voice is. He sounds like hes decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He used to have one of the best voices in SF II too.

regarding azza's updated post on ryu:
    He has a corner set up for his new ultra 2 which is
    J. Fierce, c. mp, c. mp, c. mk, fierce fireball, FADC, Ultra 2

Wouldnt that mean a simple c. mk - fierce fireball - FADC -Ultra 2 would work in the corner too? Why would it have to have all those other links before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sisko wrote: »
    Wouldnt that mean a simple c. mk - fierce fireball - FADC -Ultra 2 would work in the corner too? Why would it have to have all those other links before hand?

The extra links are for stylin' and profilin' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

It's possible that the mk xx fireball has to be done at max range. The links beforehand would space it correctly if this is the case.
    Also it turns out the rumors about boxers dash punches being unthrowable were wrong. :(

DarkTalant wrote: »
    It's possible that the mk xx fireball has to be done at max range. The links beforehand would space it correctly if this is the case.
    Also it turns out the rumors about boxers dash punches being unthrowable were wrong. :(

Wait, if boxer's dash punches were unthrowable wouldn't they need to give it invibility the WHOLE way through?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Only throw invincibility. But I don't think anyone really expected it was true tbh... Sure it would help against chun/gief but it would give him a really good tool against the rest of the cast aswell.

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Only throw invincibility. But I don't think anyone really expected it was true tbh... Sure it would help against chun/gief but it would give him a really good tool against the rest of the cast aswell.

True, but his dash punches still lose to a lot of stuff anyway (excuse the pun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Abel's TT vs Dash punches is one of the FEW options I know of for him.

I forget though - do they break Armor? Or will they now be beaten by Ultra 2 on reaction?

Advertisement