Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

005_professor.png
    Good news everyone!

Sagat can still trade into ultra!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

oh **** off:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sorry, Ryu players don't get to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

We Ken players do!

BOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Meh, some of us saw that weeks ago :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Codys scene just reeks of badassery.

It does though.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Sorry, Ryu players don't get to complain!

We do when ours and everyone else who used to be able to do it is taken away yet for some reason they still give it to god tier sagat :confused:

Why remove all trade ultras in the game except the one for the only character that is actually op. I think all trade ultras should go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You shouldn't get rewarded from a trade with an ultra setup. You messed up, got punished but get to tiger destruction your opponent anyway, doesn't seem fair especially for sagat.

Indeed, hence my original WTF post :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It kinda looks like it only works with a really late dp /deep jumpin, I don't think it's gonna be a problem on any kind of scale like SF4's trades.

As far as I'm aware its harder to get the trade into ultra for Sagat.

Basically you trade high in the air with Sagat he can land his forward roundhouse and then combo into what ever he wants.

If you are near the ground when you trade at best Sagat can land forward roundhouse but it will not combo into anything else.

Its possible that Gief still has Lariat trade into green hand. Its not been confirmed either way.

So would the assumption be that, it was kinda the best they could do without making trades look dodgy in some way to make sure all ultra trades were 100% gone?

The way trade ultra have been reduced is that there is a new air reset animation that occurs to the player who performed the DP. It means a longer recovery time for the players that performed the DP.

The thing is Sagat has forward+ roundhouse which is fast and has great range allowing him to still get the trades. They where never going get rid of that move.

You could say why did not give the new reset amination even longer recovery.

I suspect they didn't increase its recovery because it would look silly. The guys doing the DP are pretty much on the ground or just above it when they trade. A really long recovery animation where they just hover above the ground would just look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The anime intros for the new characters:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/23/ssf4-anime-intro-sequences-new-fighters/

They're only crappy slideshows unfortunately. However Adon's one does have that excellent Alpha 2 theme of his playing in the background. <3 that music.

Creature wrote: »
    They're only crappy slideshows unfortunately.

I 'm among those who prefer these to the SF4 ones, it's still, but at least it looks professional.

Looks like Production IGs art, they're doing the anime tie-in aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Oh dear god, hope this is a joke:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You messed up, got punished but get to tiger destruction your opponent anyway, doesn't seem fair especially for sagat.

This isn't entirely true. Not every trade is an accident. Some people do it on purpose knowing that the damage trades in their favour or for positioning. Dhalsim's standing fierce trades with the fireball from Ryu,Ken, chunli, rose etc. etc. So when you see the fireball startup, you do it. You both take damage but he takes more and he wont try it again.

If a clever sagat see's it coming I don't see an issue with it. They made it harder anyway so it's unlikely we will see it in every round. Besides, they nerfed sagat more than anyone. He isn't "god" tier anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I 'm among those who prefer these to the SF4 ones, it's still, but at least it looks professional.

Looks like Production IGs art, they're doing the anime tie-in aren't they?

Nah man tis Gonzo handling it this time. I too prefer the look but its a shame their stills. Was hoping the endings for some characters would be well animated fights! now all I can hope for is a well animated stare down!

• Advertisement

Anybody else seething at the mountains of twats whining endlessly about the still-frame intros (see eventhubs for examples)? Hardly unexpected, but f'in come on like.

There will probably be a few things worth complaining about when the game hits, but that's hardly going to be one of them. Even if they WERE worse than the old ones, you'll see them once of twice each, tops.

Probably the same people who whined about the poor quality animation in vanilla SF4 now they want it back, along with IN-DE-STRUCT-ABLE and the old announcer. :pac:

I don't get people bitching about the animes either, all the older games had was pop up text and sprites like...
    Azza wrote: »

You could say why did not give the new reset amination even longer recovery.

I suspect they didn't increase its recovery because it would look silly. The guys doing the DP are pretty much on the ground or just above it when they trade. A really long recovery animation where they just hover above the ground would just look stupid.

Yeah thats what I was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But they could do a recovery animation I suppose. Like you know the recovery animation for Ryu's Ultra? something like that. They wouldn't have to make them float in the air.

I would wager its more a balance thing than a "it would look silly" thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Creature wrote: »
    The anime intros for the new characters:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/23/ssf4-anime-intro-sequences-new-fighters/

They're only crappy slideshows unfortunately. However Adon's one does have that excellent Alpha 2 theme of his playing in the background. <3 that music.

I liked Makoto's 3rd strike music in the background. I heard the original SFIV cast will have new intros and endings too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sairus wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty ****e CE myself. Lots of stuff in it but most SF players aren't going to want or use any of that stuff, and at twice the price of the standard edition I wouldn't even consider the purchase.
    I would have much prefered something like a sick bag.

Heh,imagine if Namco released a S.E. for Tekken 6 with a T- Shirt of Nina and the Irish flag on the background.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Sisko wrote: »
    I don't get people bitching about the animes either, all the older games had was pop up text and sprites like...

True, but that was state-of-the-art at the time. The animations in SF4 - these or the older ones - are so far removed from what's able to be done that they're laughable. And it's also true that they won't be viewed very often, at least by us. It's still shoddy presentation.

Hmm, Hakan owns an oil company? That actually explains a lot. What's that Tony "Scarface" Montana used to say? "Don't get high on your own supply?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hakan's reason for fighting is even more baffling than Giefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Eventhubs posted a big list of changes.

Most important thing I've seen so far :

• The speed of the game is IDENTICAL to Street Fighter 4. No acceleration whatsoever. I timed 10 vertical jumps with Ryu and it takes 7.2 seconds in both games. Though some characters seem to have gained some speed walk wise (I was especially surprised with C. Viper which seemed to walk a lot faster than her previous iteration, my mind might've been playing tricks on me so don't quote me on this :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yar, it's pretty interesting how the game hasn't been sped up at all, despite most people who got their mitts on it claiming it had.
    I am curious as to which characters got a walk boost if any did.
    I've heard both Vega and Blanka are decently faster at least.

• Advertisement

great, another year of everyone crying over the slow ass neutral jumps

Advertisement