Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

ah come on farz you should have that pic framed :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just looking at a few combo videos from SSF IV.

Cammy: Her new ultra does a maximum 470 damage.
    Her Counter Ultra looses to armour breaking moves and Ryu's Ultra 2. Also her ultra does not work on moves that hit on the other side of her.

Chun-Li: Her ultra seems to not fully combo off certain set ups.
    At full strength her ultra should do 337-338 damage.
    Seems some set ups for ultra 2 will only have 80% of the hits connect lowering the damage to 270.
    Her EX.Legs have been nerfed. Each hit EX.Legs registers does 10 less damage. So an EX.Legs that hits 3 times will now do 120 damage instead of 150 and an EX.Legs that hits 4 times will do 160 instead of 200.

So combo-ing EX.Legs into EX.Legs will do 200 damage instead of 250.

Gen: His new touch of death Ultra does a maximum of 443 grey damage.

M.Bison: Ultra 2 does 420 damage max. 23 chip damage on block.
    His EX.Psycho Crusher does 150 damage now up 10 from 140.

Vega's
    Ultra 2 does about 500 damage. Has full screen range.
    Vega's Ultra 1 does not combo off Scarlet Terror. Set ups are unknown at this time.
    Possibly the penalty from loosing his mask is down from 25% extra damage to 10%.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Could you please link these videos Azza?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Azza wrote: »
    Just looking at a few combo videos from SSF IV.

Vega's
    Ultra 2 does about 500 damage. Has full screen range.
    Vega's Ultra 1 has at least one combo set up. Most likely either Scarlet Terror or Cosmic Heel.
    Possibly the penalty from loosing his mask is down from 25% extra damage to 10%.
    His Ultra one also juggles a la ExFBA, it smashes the opponent into the air, hits the opposite wall and returns with the Ultra....

Makes me very happy, as it has anti-air possibilities......I hope.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-live-super-street-fighter-iv/17-2233/

skip to 112:50 for all the fun!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh ****! Go to 6:40 in that video, Honda passes full screen through a low tiger shot with what seems to be a Medium Headbutt!

• Advertisement

You can see the Chun combo at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh ****! Go to 6:40 in that video, Honda passes full screen through a low tiger shot with what seems to be a Medium Headbutt!

Yeah I noticed that too! Had so watch it again to be sure! Now that I'm finally teaching myself to stop trying to headbutt past a fireball, its corrected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

4 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Five, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yreval wrote: »
    Five, actually.

Killjoy!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Bush80 wrote: »
    Xluna wrote: »
    4 weeks:D
    Five, actually.
    Killjoy!:pac:
    Now you know almost know what it's like to be a Blazblue fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »

No way, they need to delay it by another solid year, then several instances of a couple weeks each.

Some rumors floating around the shoryuken forums about some Dhalsim changes.

A player who tested Sim claims that his current Ultra has been damage nerfed and at full strength the ultra does 250 damage as opposed to the 300 it does now.

Sims Ultra 2 is difficult to use. Strict criteria required to land it. Good damage when you do land it.

Yoga Drills are not any safer but may do slightly more damage.

Yoga Fire seems easier to combo into.

Seems to have been given more stun. Doesn't get dizzied as easy.

Seems he can be command grabed out of limbs at long range.

Range on his HP's may have been reduced slightly.

jaysus, kirbys been miffed that he seemed unchanged , now he's been nerfed?

Well... at least he's changed...:pac:

Sorry man :p

crazy amount of nerfs going around in super

From the changes listed above if true its hard to tell if has been nerfed more than buffed or vice versa, or if the changes will have any effect.

Most of the nerfs going round for other characters seem justified.

I suppose, although i heard something about gen being nerfed :confused:

but yeah 250 damage ultra ? reducing his range? that sounds pretty bad to me where as i dunno how useful the 'buffs' sound at all

Some confirmed changes.

Feurte Changes
    Propeller Tortilla down to 132 from 150.
    Gordita Sobat down to 70 from 80.
    Fajita Buster remains at 150.
    Guacamole Leg Throw each version buffed by 20. LK does 120, MK does 130, HK does 140 and EX does 180.
    His normals appear to be unchanged damage wise.
    However his close hard punch has got a stun nerf down from 200 to 150.
    This makes RSF slightly less powerful.

Ultra 2 does 500 damage at max bar.

Confirmed Bison damage output.

S.HK down to 100 from 120
    S.MK remains at 70.
    CL.HP down to 100 from 120.
    Far HP down to 120 from 130.
    C.MK down to 65 from 70.
    C.HK (slide) down to 100 from 110.
    C.HP remains at 110.
    LK.Scissors down to 90 from 100. (damage is split 60:30 as opposed to 50:50 in SF IV)

HP Psycho Crusher up to 140 from 130. Chip damage is believed to be 70 on block.
    EX.Psycho Crusher up to 150 from 140. Chip damage is believed to be 38 on block.

Pyscho Punisher does 420 damage. 23 chip damage on block. Can punish Chuns fireball from full screen...muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote:
    Pyscho Punisher does 420 damage. Can punish Chuns fireball from full screen...muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    This would be because she sticks her hands way out, yeah?

Hmm... I wonder how Cody will do against Bison.
    That Criminal Upper could stop a lot of jump-ins (hopefully)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This would be because she sticks her hands way out, yeah?

Hmm... I wonder how Cody will do against Bison.
    That Criminal Upper could stop a lot of jump-ins (hopefully)

Cody looks pretty good doesnt he?. I initially thought he looked stupid but hes grown on me. His voice actor is great and I think I actually like his prison outfit now too. I was reading the cody thread and it seems he has great anti air normals and he has an easy combo to ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Azza you're gonna be a bollox with that new ultra - it's one of the few that looks decent too. Seems a bit like the demon flip in terms of getting your range right but your spacing is spot on anyway. Vegas new ultra looks great too - shame they didn't test it against fireballs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sairus wrote: »

I hate when this sort of thing happens. I remember waiting for Street fighter Alpha to be released on the consoles and it just kept on getting but back,season after season. Then just walking into Game and seeing on display out of no where. Nice surprise that day.

I was looking forward to blazblue for ages,but when a game keeps on being delayed I just put it into the back of my mind and try to lose interest,as I'd just end up pissed off if I kept on following it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's even worse when everyone else will have the follow-up before you get the original.

On topic, hasn't ultra damage been nerfed across the board? In that case 'Sims changes look much more positive.

Its believed all Ultra ones have been nerfed and all supers have been buffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Azza wrote: »
    Its believed all Ultra ones have been nerfed and all supers have been buffed.

I guess they want to encourage more use of the Super moves instead of the players beating the crap out of the Cpu opponent for most of the round then letting the cpu get a few hits in to build the ultra meter then bam Ultra combo finish [too wish I am also guilty of employing this tactic.]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shame about sim. Oh well. Reduced range on his standing fierce is a joke. And why would they reduce the damage on his ultra.....the least damaging ultra in the game already! It makes no sense at all. Sigh tbh.

The worst is the "grab out of limb" nonsense. So they make Balrogs rush punches unthrowable.......but let zangief SPD sim from anywhere. Nice one.

Kirby wrote: »
    And why would they reduce the damage on his ultra.....the least damaging ultra in the game already! It makes no sense at all. Sigh tbh.

They reduced the game on everyone as far as I can see.

Ooppps the guy testing Sim did not say his HP was nerfed, was another poster not even sure if was Sim.

I think with the Sim info I would only take the info on ultra's as anyway reliable. The guy testing him said the rest of the stuff he posted was just his gut feeling.

Pretty sure everyone's going get a few nerfs and buffs.

Guiles S.HP has got a 20 point damage reduction. :P

And also Rog can still be grabbed out of throws. That was an inaccurate report.
    I think Gief use to be able to SPD Sim's limbs in SF2. Not even sure if thats a new feature. Might be possible to do that now.

It's possible that with all the new options to get around FBs for characters (Honda's headbutt, anyone?), they want to move closer to 3S in-fighting and away from ST zoning. Which would account for Sim's limbs being less effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats a design decision. And I'm fine with that. But if that was the case, they have to re-design the character.

You have a character who is built around zoning.....so you give him low stun. And low Health. And a horrible inside game. And lowest damage output in the game. And the lowest damage ultra. And no use for EX moves. And the slowest dash. And thats all fine because he can zone.

But when you start nerfing his zoning tools you have to make up for it by giving him something else. If they want to make it all fast paced, in your face footsies, fine. But you need to give every character the chance to do that.

I'll have to wait and see myself what the story is. If all this stuff is true its disappointing.

And kiki, ST Dhalsim wasn't a zoner like sf4 is. ST sim had serious, serious rushdown. You look up some sim vids on youtube. It was awesome :D

• Advertisement

I play some ST Dhalsim.
    Not as fun as ST Chun though.

Advertisement