Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza wrote: »
    Can punish Chuns fireball from full screen...muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ive seen a video of it punishing an ex fireball but can it punish her mp fireball?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

From my understand it can punish LP and EX from full screen and MP and HP can be punished from 3/4 of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

From my understand it can punish LP and EX from full screen and MP and HP can be punished from 3/4 of the screen.

What are they inputs for bisons ultra 2???.
    If he needs to crouch charge it'd be a plus :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nope. It's QFCx2 and all kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chun's LP and HP fireballs have the same recovery frames and for her HP, she extends her arms forward so her hitbox is probably bigger too.

Only her MP fireball has better recovery.

• Advertisement

Id say it will be hard to catch her mp fireball with it. I still dont fully understand that ultra. Do you have to be grounded for it to hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm pretty sure you need to be on the ground for it to hit and if someone throws it out randomly you can just jump out of it.

You can just block it either and it's blocked like a normal stomp, but it can cross up so I guess jumping out will be the safest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You would think so but in one of the videos I saw it hit in the air. perhaps if you jump into it while hes in the air.

Kirby wrote: »
    You would think so but in one of the videos I saw it hit in the air. perhaps if you jump into it while hes in the air.

Man this ultra sounds like its going to be a pain in the arse.

I have no issue with the ultra itself. Its very good but everyone should have good ultra's. Except guile and sim. :p

So good ultra. good stuff. the fact that it isn't charge though is a bit worrying. I can see why they did it for the charge chars like bison guile and chun. But I dont think I agree with it. There are possible balance issues there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sure chnuli can punish fireballs with her ultra, but smart people will

FADC a fireball

so expect that from us from now on too [against bison]

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Do you have a link to that vid,I've been too busy lately to keep up with all the new stuff :(

I don't I'm afraid. But I distinctly remember a bison doing it to a guy who was trapped in the corner, and he jumped and he got hit by the ultra in mid air. It was actually the first video I saw of the ultra in action. was a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I have no issue with the ultra itself. Its very good but everyone should have good ultra's. Except guile and sim. :p

So good ultra. good stuff. the fact that it isn't charge though is a bit worrying. I can see why they did it for the charge chars like bison guile and chun. But I dont think I agree with it. There are possible balance issues there.

In every game it's like a 50/50 chance whether Chun's stuff will be charge or motion. :pac:

Yes, and look what happens when its not. She gets top tier and is broken :p

You know what I mean though.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The total length of time for each of Chuns fireballs is.

44 for LP
    41 for MP
    41 for HP
    48 for EX

The frame data can be found on this page.
    http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Chun-Li_%28SFIV%29

The none set ups for it are the same as his set up for his current ultra. Just focus attack crumples and his air taget combo J.MP x2. The timing on the second set up timing is mean't to be very tight.

Bison has a third set up up in SF IV but the odds of landing it are less than wining the loto. EX.Skull Diver is a crazy +14 on hit allowing Bison to combo into his ultra. The problem is Bison never has charge unless someone actually walks forward into the Skull Diver. If his new ultra is as fast or faster than his old one then he may be able to set up his Ultra from that. It makes little difference though as Skull Diver is a very poor move.

The new ultra does not hit in the air. This has been confirmed in several reports and tests. As you can see below.

It can be blocked but must be blocked high.

The whole idea of it is to address the issue 2 of Bisons main issues in SF IV.

1. He does bugger all damage punishing mistakes. He can rarely punishing mistakes with anything more than a 2 hit combo. At best his current punishers do a max of 254 damage and even the opportunity to do that is rare and its a tight link. Some of these punishers have been nerfed further in SSF IV.

2. Getting around fireballs. A big advantage that Sagat, Ryu, Chun and Guile have the advantage over Bison is that he has no reliable way around their fireballs. I can't see it working from anything but close range against Guile but the other 3 match ups it should help address the balance. Once he can approach from the ground and doesn't have to deal with these characters anti air or air games be on more even terms.

Nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So what's the story with the new online modes.
    Are there team battles now? Heard endless battle is a type of "I got next" where u can watch the fights till it's your turn???.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah that's it alright, could be good craic. Although it'll suck on console due to slow communication methods. & even if they do port it to PC I doubt they'll add a proper in-game chat.

Slow comms? You must be just referring to ps3. everyone on 360 uses the mic. Its painless.

• Advertisement

8 or so randomers chatting online using voice can be annoying, text chat has its advantages, I could go on more about this but you've played PC games so I'm sure you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PS3 accepts any keyboard :)

I'm talking about something like this:

kwon_large_4.jpg

which was great on the pc for those winner stays on matches for the spectating players to chat to each other.

I use my keyboards with my ps3 a lot, its not what I'm talking about.

That could easily be added to the pc version of SSF4 but instead of taking advantage of PC we're left with dumbed down console features, or lack there of which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You say "dumbed down", I say "less cluttered"...

Less cluttered with good features? I suppose you can put it like that. :D

That chat screen could be turned on or off, the people playing wouldn't see it unless they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Such a PC elitist...

When I'm right, I'm right :cool:

Even 2df and ggpo have better ways of communicating, because they're on pc.

So voice chat is a dumbed down version of text chat, ye? :P

FADC have some videos of justin wong playing super at pax.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom

hehe no :p You know what I mean, there's a reason people on irc don't all just use team speak instead. They both have their place. Dumbed down is referencing how some PC games end up with console featuers only, instead of basic things that should be there but the devs got lazy.

It'd just be nice if we get a pc version, to be able to text chat during these winner stays on sessions like you can in most other PC titles, instead of being limited to using more of an e-mail based system, or using the horrible gfwl voice feature which makes everyone sound like robots.

YAY IBUKI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, it's seriously crap there's no text chat, having to wait between matches for a few minutes to send GFWL messages sucks ass.

edit: brainfart

Advertisement