Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, it's seriously crap there's no voice chat, having to wait between matches for a few minutes to send GFWL messages sucks ass.

Dude isn't there like mic options on GFWL? I'm pretty sure there is?

I've got a mic here and have no issues with getting voice comm going with anyone if even over a 3rd party client (Ventrilo, for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah, it's seriously crap there's no voice chat, having to wait between matches for a few minutes to send GFWL messages sucks ass.

GFWL does have voice chat, but its a carbon copy of XBL's. Its horrible. Probably the worst in game voice chat I've heard on PC.

Was funny actually one time I was playing azza. I had been listening to a street fighter podcast while playing the game when he invited me for a game.

As I played I decided to alt tab and turn it off as it was beginning to annoy me. Tabbed back in and I could still hear it. I was like WTF???? during the match I kept alt tabbing closing all my windows, looking at processes to find where I'm hearing this from.

I realised then that it must be coming from AZZA. Who while not having a mic plugged in, obviously had his mic options set to 'what you hear' and thus was broadcasting all the audio his pc made over to me. He just so happened to be listening to the same blog as me at the same time. Was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sorry I meant to type text chat, got confused and somehow wrote voice. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Does anyone know what this thing Sagat is doing? Is it a glitch or a new move or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrgoojWZng#t=4m50s

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this thing Sagat is doing? Is it a glitch or a new move or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrgoojWZng#t=4m50s

It takes 1 meter and adds damage to his next tiger uppercut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He can waste one EX stock to make his next TU do double damage.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

D4RK ONION wrote:

I assume you meanin EX.Scar where he holds his chest and flashes yellow.

That move powers up his next Tiger Uppercut to do 170 or 180 damage up from 100. You can only do the move once and it costs 1 bar of super meter. The damage increase is stored until sagat preforms the move.

Also some more confirmed damage nerfs for Akuma, Guile and Sagat.

Akuma's S.HK - down to 100 from 110
    Akuma's C.MK - down to 60 from 70
    Akuma's HP Shakanetsu (Red Fireball) - down to 99 from 150
    Sagat's Forward + HK - down to 100 from 140
    Guile's S.HP - down to 100 from 120

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Surely you mean damage nerfs? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ask and ye shall receive! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza wrote: »
    Akuma's S.HK - down to 100 from 110
    Akuma's C.MK - down to 60 from 70
    Akuma's HP Shakanetsu (Red Fireball) - down to 99 from 150

wtf!!! Everytime I hear Akuma mentioned in this thread he's getting more nerfs :( has he received any buffs?

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    wtf!!! Everytime I hear Akuma mentioned in this thread he's getting more nerfs :( has he received any buffs?

A non ****ty looking alt costume...

L31mr0d wrote: »

Akuma isn't the only one. Sagat has had nerfing in some areas, so has Ryu. Its warranted tbh. If you want to balance the game you have to look at the top dogs.

Kirby wrote: »
    Akuma isn't the only one. Sagat has had nerfing in some areas, so has Ryu. Its warranted tbh. If you want to balance the game you have to look at the top dogs.

No, properly broken stuff should be nerfed, but buffs should be given to the rest of the cast before major nerfs to top characters.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Akuma can combo into his new ultra from a jumping hard kick but the timing is very tight on it.

Akuma's Ultra 2 does 500 damage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

These nerfs could be a part of the overall balancing plan. To me is seems like everyone is getting nerfs with very few buffs. Maybe they are changing the dynamic of the game for matches to last that little bit longer.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    These nerfs could be a part of the overall balancing plan. To me is seems like everyone is getting nerfs with very few buffs. Maybe they are changing the dynamic of the game for matches to last that little bit longer.

Matches are already quite long in general in IV I think.

Now, don't take offense to this because you play that character or whatever please. I think its like this. They want to stop the "cheap" victories.

The reduced ultra damage to stop half health being taken from one move.

Dragon punches in general were too powerful. Ryu, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Balrog etc. So they have been reduced somewhat to balance the AA with characters who dont have a dragon punch. They still work, and in some cases had higher priority with invincibility and bigger hitboxes...like Kens for example. So they still work, they just don't maul your opponent so much. Ryu and sagat can still do their FADC into ultra, it just takes off alot less.

Some characters had high damaging punishes while others didn't and I think they wanted to reduce the "1 mistake = half health" mentality making fights more offensive. You are too afraid to go for it at the moment knowing that 1 mistake will cost you the round. This will encourage people to be aggressive because they can afford to mess up. Lowering some of the moves damages will help with this.

Again, just a theory. But I think it makes sense.

Indeed it does look that way , they want more aggressive play and thus have generally weakened the stuff what makes aggressive play a bad idea in 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

A non ****ty looking alt costume...
    I absolutely loved Akuma's vanilla alternate outfit.....

The 'Japanese-God-come-down-to-earth-having-to-wear-a-huge-rope-to-harness-their-deadly-destructive-powers' look really did it for me!!

I almost considered using him because of it.........................................but I'm no 'top tier terry' ;)

Ken B wrote: »

I almost considered using him because of it.........................................but I'm no 'top tier terry Tin' ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I almost considered using him because of it.........................................but I'm no 'top tier terry' ;)

You missed a sagat mirror final on sunday! (not me of course ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »
    You missed a sagat mirror final on sunday! (not me of course ;))
    I felt terrible for missing that.....I was far too ill and hanging to make it in, let alone perform at a competitive level.

I tried a couple of online games much later on that evening and received hatemail saying I was 'awful' etc....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I absolutely loved Akuma's vanilla alternate outfit.....

The 'Japanese-God-come-down-to-earth-having-to-wear-a-huge-rope-to-harness-their-deadly-destructive-powers' look really did it for me!!

I do to. When you understand why he is wearing that rope and what it symbolizes from Japanese mythology it really is an excellent outfit. But to your average Westerner all they see is: Akuma wearing a fairy/butterfly costume :(

The ripped trousers looking like a kilt aint the best thing either. They almost turned him into a male sakura. Sagats skin tight leggings are bad enough as it is. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Hah, it's almost like they were trying to go counter to the usual fighting game setup of scantily clad women beating on each other, have topless Ryu vs spandex Sagat instead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/29/ssf4-changes-notes-six-cast-members-other-stuff/

they nerfed Zangiefs already ineffectual green hand, and made Ken's srk more spammable, like Ryu's....

Oh joy of joys

So now lariat won't work v crouching opponents (good)

but giefs air to air game, green hand, normals, HP etc are worse. They want to make Zangief a grappling character, fine, but zangief can't combo, or hit confirm into grabs...

Horrible balancing decision imo.

I'll bet lp shoryuken is as spammable as ever though.

Looks like gief is moving down the tier list once again

Icarian wrote: »
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/29/ssf4-changes-notes-six-cast-members-other-stuff/
    but giefs air to air game, green hand, normals, HP etc are worse. They want to make Zangief a grappling character, fine, but zangief can't combo, or hit confirm into grabs...

what do you mean, "hit confirm into grabs?"

what do you mean, "hit confirm into grabs?"

Tick-throw setups I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lol at top tier nerfs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

basically combo into grabs, e.g. if gief could link his cr lk's into grabs, so they wouldn't whiff. Since he can't combo into them, and can't fadc out of them, they are very high risk/unsafe. If he had some way to hit confirm into them, perhaps with a little damage scaling, then weajening his normals, and only major combo ender wouldn't be so bad, but when he has nothing added to his ground game, well, it sounds like gief is becoming more of a grab and hope type of character.

and yeah, I know he could never combo into spd before, but if they're nerfing his green hand and normals, it's something he could really use imo.

and gief is just one spot above Chun Li on the tier list, wheres her nerfs?

Gief os OP'd, but Chun Li who's pretty much on a par with him isn't? wtf?

Advertisement