Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Bush80 wrote: »
    Lol at top tier nerfs

you are just loving it cos chun is gonna be a f*cker this time round :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Chun-Li's Far Standing Medium Punch is even better.

WTF? This move is already awesome. Is this one button going to throw a fireball as well.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Gief does not need to be able to combo into his SPD.

His close game is really good as it is. His SPD's seem to have been left alone. A nerf to Green Hand damage won't hurt his game that badly. He will probably still have very powerful combo off c.lk, and his mix up game will still just be very powerful.

Have to wait and see how characters he does badly against perform in SSF IV.

Chuns s.mp buff seems a weird decision. Its already insanely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

They never said it was the damage that was nerfed, it could be startup, or recovery frames added to it, which imo, would be way worse than just a damage nerf. EX banishing fist was his only real option at times for getting in on shoto's, since lp srk > all jump ins, all pokes, long sweep, lariat, and hadokens > all ground normals, and fast enough recovery to srk counter anything.

seriously, if they add more startup frames, it could seriously hurt zangief.

i can see it now, giefs all about the spd, and opponents are all about the neutral jump HK punish...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lol at mp buff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They did the same thing with Bisons roundhouse. Its crazy to buff the best move of a character. Surely there is some method to the madness....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kirby wrote: »
    They did the same thing with Bisons roundhouse. Its crazy to buff the best move of a character. Surely there is some method to the madness....

I thought that ended up having gotten nerfed...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Am I wrong? dunno. It looks even faster from the super videos posted i was watching last night. could be just me.

Bisons S.HK got nerfed damage wise from 120 to 100.

There is speculation on the shoryuken forums that its hitbox is better or it has faster start or both but at the moment its just specualtion.

As for the Green Hand nerf I can't imagine its a start up time nerf. If its just 1frame slower on start up it will not combo off his light kicks and light punches. I can't imagine they are going to remove his BNB combo's.
    Adding more recovery time is irrelevant as it its unsafe on block now and knocks down on it.

I think from what we have seen of other characters a damage nerf is much more likely.

You have to bare in mind most of the top characters are getting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

I hope you're right Azza, it's just that in the interview, they said that they want to change zangief from a heavy hitter to a grappler, I wouldn't put it past them if they did take away his combo's...

keep in mind, in this interview they said "He was especially strong on wakeup pressure. One of his best tools for that was the Lariat."...

The games developers, actually said this! Who the **** uses lariat for wakeup pressure? It's just begging for a wakeup shoryuken! I don't think these guys know what the hell they're doing! Making Ken's lp srk more spammable, buffing Chuns st Mp, of all her moves (how is it even possible to buff that move?) and nerfing the already weak green hand? I'll wait and see, but with some of these decisions, and the stupid crap these guys are spouting, i don't have much faith.

Icarian your forgetting not every character has a shoryuken to wake up reversal with.

I have heard zero about Ken's lp.shoryuken being more spammable, where you hear about that?

From what I have heard Ken's hp.shoryuken has more invincible frames on start up and thats it. Damage is the exact same on all his shoryukens.

Mean while Ryu had all his shoryukens nerfed damage wise. He has also lost invincible frames on his shoryuken. They apparantly trade more.

Akuma lost damage on all his shoryukens.

Sagat had major damage nerfs on his tigger uppercut.

Bottom line is shoryukens in general are less effective.

Chun may get a buff on her s.mp but we don't know what else she might get or loose.

Green Hand may get a nerf but you don't know how affective Gief's new ultra will be. Could beat shoryukens and tigger uppercuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

They should buff Balrog's lp.

And the rest of his moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

hahahahahhaahha

get out... -_-

:p

So with gief will I now be able to sweep him when he does a lariat? So retarded seeing my pokes intercept his legs and nothing happens cept me getting hit by his fists even though they're miles above my head.

The worst about that is when honda does an ultra on him and just hits him and does nothing, looks really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Azza wrote: »
    I have heard zero about Ken's lp.shoryuken being more spammable, where you hear about that?

In the blog post they mentioned they've "reduced the interval on the jab version" which more than likely means they've lowered it from 4 to 3 frames.

Now you can spam it 1/60th of a second more often :P (unless they just added the extra frame to recovery...)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

How badly nerfed is chuns st HK???.
    I've been lookin but haven't seen it used yet. If it's really slowed down it's a big blow. Right now it's her best Poke against certain characters in my opinion. I'm ****ed against gief and Rufus without it!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I saw it being used in one of the early videos and it looked very slow. I would almost say that it's slow enough that it will be useless.

Orim wrote: »
    I saw it being used in one of the early videos and it looked very slow. I would almost say that it's slow enough that it will be useless.

Slow Round House @ 0:18 .

Looks exactly the same to me

• Advertisement

I think it's def slower but not drastically. I guess time'l tell but it ain't too bad. More chun good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm ****ed against gief and Rufus without it!!.

Be afriad!! Really not looking forward to new chun though. She looks like she's gonna be a bitch with that ultra 2

Seems weird but there is reports going round that Rufus's EX.Snake Strike has not been nerfed in a combo. Apparantly if hit you some one with just EX.Snake Strike it does less damage than it did in SF 4 but if you combo into it with jumping HK it does the same damage as in SF 4. Seems quite weird.

Rufus is looking in this. The top tier nerfs and dp nerfs will help him out a lot and he doesnt seem to be getting nerfed much himself.

I heard froma credible source a few weeks back that his damage in general has been toned down in line with the rest of the cast.

His Ex.Messiah Kick is suppose to do abit less damage, and his HP xx HP.GT does like 220 damage instead of 260.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Posted by Alioune on SRK,really hope that's not intended/doesn't really work or is patchable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

looks suspiciously like the sagat glitch found recently! it can be escaped cant it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting indeed -- it looks like their playtesters NEVER saw this during testing then, and their game designers never thought of this.

And IMHO, this makes Ryu's Ultra2 more viable now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wonder if they are doing these nerfs intentionally just to buff them up again and sell us a third Street Fighter 4 this time next year.

• Advertisement

Apparantly the guy who posted the orginal rumor list about Super Street Fighter 4 (a list which was 90% accurate) has said there will be a PC version of SSF IV but Capcom won't announce it for a while.

The post he made on the shoryuken forums was promotly deleted and his account was banned apparantly.

Looks pretty likely SSF IV will make it on to PC at some stage.

Advertisement