Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There are also rumours of Marvel vs Capcom 3 -- user was banned for that post.
    GET HYPE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    GET HYPE

THIS CAN'T BE GOOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Azza wrote: »
    Apparantly the guy who posted the orginal rumor list about Super Street Fighter 4 (a list which was 90% accurate) has said there will be a PC version of SSF IV but Capcom won't announce it for a while.

The post he made on the shoryuken forums was promotly deleted and his account was banned apparantly.

Looks pretty likely SSF IV will make it on to PC at some stage.

Tbh this is the way to do it. If you release a PC version at the same time as consoles, you will lose console sales as people will just pirate it. Release it 6 months later and you get extra sales and the piracy didnt hurt your release week sales. Bioware did the same thing with Mass effect.

Its not ideal but its the only way to get console games on pc at the moment.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah but Bioware didn't do that with Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age Origins.

By releasing the game late on PC you loose sales on that platform as some people won't wait and get the console version and you also loose the benefits of the marketing campaign that would of been done during the console release.

I don't mind waiting but 6 months is a bit much. A shorter window would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    GET HYPE
    A Marvel vs. Capom 3 instead of a new Darkstalkers would be a travesty indeed.....

• Advertisement

Ken B wrote: »
    A Marvel vs. Capom 3 instead of a new Darkstalkers would be a travesty indeed.....
    They'll probably re-use the low-res model of Morrigan from TvC, too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ken B wrote: »

true, new darkstalkers would be amazing.. i'd be happy with either though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm just grateful there is a PC version (as it may seem) if they do take 6 months though, they better add some PC features to the thing. This would also help push those that have it already on console to consider getting the pc version for better online features.

6 months is a long time if they just make it pretty much a carbon copy of the 360 version...

Yeah but Bioware didn't do that with Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age Origins.

By releasing the game late on PC you lose sales on that platform as some people won't wait and get the console version and you also loose the benefits of the marketing campaign that would of been done during the console release.

I don't mind waiting but 6 months is a bit much. A shorter window would be nice.

This is the point. You don't lose sales. If its not on PC, people will buy it on consoles.

The people who cannot get it due to not having a console, buy it when its released later on PC. You maximize sales. You eliminate the "Ah sure I wont buy it, I'll pirate it" demographic which in my experience, is very very large. Larger than most people think. It takes effort to mod a console. It takes no effort at all to download a ripped game on PC.

With a multi platform release, many people just pirate it on PC. Which means losing sales from people who will buy it on console if they "have" to.

Yeah I definitely agree with Kirby on this one, imo the people who buy it later on on PC are the ones who want to bridge the gap with the opposite console than they bought it on. It's an annoying but shrewd business decision.

• Advertisement

Seems a couple of things are confirmed about Zangief.

Ultra 2 seems to beat all anti air moves clean.

His s.mp is down 20 to 70 from 90.

His ex.green hand is down by the looks of it 30 damage. Was unclear from the video but its got a damage reduction for sure. Still combo's from his light kick so its got the same start up time.

I didn't see it beat EX DPs, was that in the video (didn't notice Ryu's one anyway)?

It beat Balrogs EX.Headbutt which has 15 frames of invincibility, only 1 less than EX.DP from Ryu. I'm pretty sure Rog was caught out of invincible frames anyway.

I'm imagine it will beat EX.DP as well.

EX DP is throw invincible on some frames though (not sure if EX Headbutt is).

I welcome all geif nerfs :p
    Kirby wrote: »
    This is the point. You don't lose sales. If its not on PC, people will buy it on consoles.

The people who cannot get it due to not having a console, buy it when its released later on PC. You maximize sales. You eliminate the "Ah sure I wont buy it, I'll pirate it" demographic which in my experience, is very very large. Larger than most people think. It takes effort to mod a console. It takes no effort at all to download a ripped game on PC.

With a multi platform release, many people just pirate it on PC. Which means losing sales from people who will buy it on console if they "have" to.

True although with multiplayer games its not the same as singleplayer. You wanna play online you generally have to buy it. There might still be messy ways around that but generally few would be arsed.

According to the shoryuken wiki which has frame data only Ryu's LP DP has frames that are throw invincible and at that its only 2 frames of throw invincibility.

Apparantly Balrogs HP headbutt has 22 frames of throw invincibility but his ex.headbutt has none.

Sisko wrote: »
    I welcome all geif nerfs :p

True although with multiplayer games its not the same as singleplayer. You wanna play online you generally have to buy it. There might still be messy ways around that but generally few would be arsed.

SF4 had some ridiculous number of pirated copies actually, I think VDeck was saying it was second only behind MW2.

I'd imagine most of those were people just wanted to try out the game, or see how it runs on their pc etc etc anyone interested in playing it properly would have generally gone out and bought it.

Maybe it's that it beats all airborne moves, so crouching Fierce is still safe?

Sisko wrote: »
    I'd imagine most of those were people just wanted to try out the game, or see how it runs on their pc etc etc anyone interested in playing it properly would have generally gone out and bought it.
    No, they're pirating on 360 pretty heavily.

The new age of piracy is made up of people who just want to pirate because they can.

• Advertisement

Ohhh another thread going off topic thanks to piracy. Xbox piracy while significant is far lower than PC piracy.

On Giefs ultra 2 I think any move that goes airborne will loose to it. You would be able to use anti air normals to beat him clean but you can't use them on wake up.

However Geifs jump has been tweaked. He might be worse at getting in now than before in certain match ups.

Arcadiagamers have posted up a summary of all the characters and how it effects the balance overall. From most of the comments balance is better.

Article here.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/02/super-street-fighter-4-gameplay-notes-arcadiagamers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Good stuff, i was thinking cody was going to be great.

Arcadiagamers have posted up a summary of all the characters and how it effects the balance overall. From most of the comments balance is better.

Article here.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/02/super-street-fighter-4-gameplay-notes-arcadiagamers/

Dhalsim:
    Ultra 2 is a grab. Still kind of bad. Didn't get the changes he needed.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm concerned that they said Dan might not be the worst character anymore.

That's just not right!

I'd be more concerned if I was a vega player :p Being over taken by dan on the tier list? Low blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That's exactly it though.

If you're worse than Dan, you're basically worse than garbage!

Capcom consciously try to make him the worst, if your character of choice somehow ends up worse than Dan.

Well.... then..... balls!

(Off the top of my head, King in CVS2 was sub-Dan tier)

I don't think Dan will move up. Apparantly both he and Vega have got a significantly improved ultra and Vega got a few other minor tweaks. Since Vega is already better I don't see him dropping below Dan in the tier list.

Also Capcom have confirmed an arcade release of Super Street Fighter 4.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Guile:
    A lot of joking around about his sunglasses. It's useless and seems to be his only significant change. There seems to be some changes to his normals. Making SSFIV offensive and nerfing Sagat and Ryu will help him as well, more competitive. Sonic Hurricane can be used as anti air. His Ultra 1 has been improved too (they don't say how), Flash Kicks are improved, seem to have more range. His place in the tier list probably won't change much but he might go up a bit. Still destroys M. Bison for free.

Both what I was expecting and what I wanted. Coola boola.

Especially the bit about Bison :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good news about the arcade release. If there wasn't one there would be a danger of the japanese scene ignoring the release and fracturing the community.

Advertisement