Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Confirmed Guile can FADC flash kick into Ultra 2. Hard to preform though. Max damage from it 376.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5QgYaGQjt4

Also I don't see the Bison, Guile match up being as imbalanced as it is now. EX.Psycho gets Bison through fireballs for free and his new ultra should have reasonable chance of punishing sonic booms from close range.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Confirmed Guile can FADC flash kick into Ultra 2. Hard to preform though. Max damage from it 376.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5QgYaGQjt4

Also I don't see the Bison, Guile match up being as imbalanced as it is now. EX.Psycho gets Bison through fireballs for free and his new ultra should have reasonable chance of punishing sonic booms from close range.

Hm That looks really difficult to do. Still, FADC ultra + Guile = revenge in my book.

One thing I do wish about Guile though is that the glasses gave some form of stat boost, seeing as I will be putting them on in every single round.

Logically no, I agree. Unless the better flash or stronger pokes are doing something we're missing, Guile having to shut down his boom game as soon as Bison get's ultra/ ex will definitely make it even.

I wonder if cancelling cr mp into the flash would give more or less damage?

If they're making the link from cr lp to cr mp easier, Guile really really might be able to land an ultra off of a jab...

Guiles new ultra appears to do about 324 damage at full strength.

Guile ultra 2 does 6 hits on its own would do roughly 54 damage. But from the flash kick set up it only hits 5 times meaning its only connecting with 83% of its damage. An ultra is only fully unscaled if it lands on its own. A one hit set up reduces the damage of the ultra to 80% (thats 80% of 83% in Guiles case) a 2 hit set up would scale the damage of the ultra to 70%.

Assuming adding additional hits before the flash kick does not cause the Sonic Hurricane to miss any more than one hit cancelling from c.mp to flash kick fadc ultra should do about 15 more damage even with the ultra scaled back to 70% of the 5 hits.

Problem is to build charge Guile will need to do 2x c.lp before doing c.mp xx flash kick which will mean worse damage scaling.

Basically it would be
    c.lp does 30 damage (100%)
    c.lp does 30 damage (100%)
    c.mp does 70 damage (80%)
    hk.flash does 160 damage (70%)
    Ultra 2 does 270 damage (50%)
    Total damage = 363 thats assuming your opponent has more than 50% life to avoid additional damage scalling.
    It also costs 2 bars of meter.
    Could still be a 1 frame link between c.lp and c.mp.

All in all not that great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Hm That looks really difficult to do. Still, FADC ultra + Guile = revenge in my book.

One thing I do wish about Guile though is that the glasses gave some form of stat boost, seeing as I will be putting them on in every single round.

damage on that is laughable !

Placebo wrote: »
    damage on that is laughable !

Try playing with no viable ultra at all and see if you think it is still laughable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Looks very hard to do. U must have to hold towards whilst focusing? Or is it just a dash ultra whilst the game auto corrects???.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try playing with no viable ultra at all and see if you think it is still laughable. :)
    You still landed that "non-viable" Ultra.
    Several times, if my sleep-deprived mind recalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pffffft.

Flash Kick -> FADC -> Sunglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You still landed that "non-viable" Ultra.
    Several times, if my sleep-deprived mind recalls.

Yeah, it's hardly like my Bloody high claw missing the wall and not catching Sagat in the air

Yeah, it's hardly like my Bloody high claw missing the wall and not catching Sagat in the air

Off the top of my head Guile's ultra has done the following to me in game:

Lost to Ryu's DP

Traded with Boxers j hp

Connected with first and second flash and missed the third leaving me vulnerable

Invulnerability frames only work if a projectile is right on top of you, else it trades for one hit.

Been blocked by an opponent who's not even been at the apex of their jump when the animation has started

So yes Guile's ultra might be better than Vega's but believe me, it's marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

If they're making the link from cr lp to cr mp easier, Guile really really might be able to land an ultra off of a jab...

He'll deffo be able to as long as your good at dash ultras.
    Guiles new ultra appears to do about 324 damage at full strength.

Jaysus some of the basic combos I'd land with ryu'd be doing that kinda damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Super SF4 arcade version has been announced on Japan's nationals stream.

Ryu can do jumping.mk cross over, s.hp xx EX.Tatsu does like 330 damage.

Alot of characters have BNB's that do that sort of damage.

Sisko wrote: »

Jaysus some of the basic combos I'd land with ryu'd be doing that kinda damage.
    Ryu can do jumping.mk cross over, s.hp xx EX.Tatsu does like 330 damage.

Alot of characters have BNB's that do that sort of damage.

Kinda missing the point I think lads.

At the moment, what viability has Guile got on his ultra?

combo'd from Super- which uses all his EX and doesn't do much more damage than the Ultra alone.

Auto correct/ anti cross up. If timing is slightly wrong, scores 2 or even 1 hit.

Anti projectile- only really works on meaty projectiles.

All of these are pretty risky.

Apparently U2 is viable as anti air, closes down mid range projectile game, which can be a problem for Guile, and it looks like it may be safish on block. I've even heard rumoured it can be used after anti air flash although I don't believe it til I do it.

I can see the correct use of this ultra making life as guile a little easier. It's not like he was ever going to get metsu hadoken.

Is it ****? Yes. Is it as good as other ultras in general? No. Is it an improvement for Guile though? Definitely looks that way for me.

Oh I agree , just disapointed on the amount of damage it does/ how much work it is to get said damage.

I think if guile lands a jump in , his j.hk/hp - c.mp into flash kick will do nearly 300. Ryu can do just about 400 on a jump in too and combo that to ultra if he's in a corner, doing almost 600. Guile really has to work so hard for his damage.

But yeah all ultras have been made weaker in this anyway so I'd say that's a factor too.

Just so more changes that have been spotted for some characters.

Gief C.LP is down 10 damage to 20.
    His C.LK still remains at 40.
    Giefs Ex.Green Hand is down 30 damage to 130 (split 80:50 between the 2 hits)
    Giefs ultra 2 does 450 damage max.

Apparantly Gief can still trade with Lariat into Green Hand.

Rufus Ex.Snake Strike is down 70 to 210 from 280.
    His jumping hard kick still does 90 damage on both hits. So that combo still does a massive 300 damage

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Super SF4 arcade version has been announced on Japan's nationals stream.
    I was at this.

I was at this.

I WAS ****ING AT THIS.

You should have heard the crowd when he said it. Akiba shook so damn hard. The whole events areas was packed with people watching the tourney and playing ssfiv. I picked Dee-jay and beat down some ****tard chose Ken (yeah really I know there`s always one).

What a day it was. Some pics when I get home!

EDIT: HMUYA also knows about this because I rang him, woke him up about 5am Irish time to tell him where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Rufus Ex.Snake Strike is down 70 to 210 from 280.
    His jumping hard kick still does 90 damage on both hits. So that combo still does a massive 300 damage

:D
    Monkeyto wrote: »
    I WAS ****ING AT THIS.

Oh the envy! You lucky b.

• Advertisement

Hahaha, thats really cool man!

But how do you know what he said? Do you speak japanese :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

You lot probably know this already but Game are giving a free costume pack to anyone who preorders this. Any other offers around? I'm increasingly finding HMV the cheapest for new releases.
    Any news on what the bonus will be for people who still own vanilla SFIV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xluna wrote: »
    Any news on what the bonus will be for people who still own vanilla SFIV?

It's been said for a while that its these 11th (and 12th?) colours with fancy pen & ink effects but I don't know if there was any solid proof to back it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sisko wrote: »
    Hahaha, thats really cool man!

But how do you know what he said? Do you speak japanese :p
    Monkeyto's Japanese is pretty decent iirc. Or else he was just bull****ting me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

TV ad from the states. Nothing new or particularly interesting. Almost well made though (apart from the music).

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Jim wrote: »
    TV ad from the states. Nothing new or particularly interesting. Almost well made though (apart from the music).

:eek: !!Does yer man need to scream the price?!?

Japanese SSF IV blog talks about the balance changes made to the old characters.

Nothing translated yet.

But just on Dhalsim. Apparantly he has been given a damage buff but nothing specific was mentioned.

His ex.yoga fire now travels full screen.

Tranlations up.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/05/ssf4-devs-discuss-tweaks-old-cast-members/

Important things for me:

- Charge time has been decreased for sonic boom- was not expecting that, but hugely welcome. Apparently Guile is supposed to win fireball wars.

- Backfist more comboable off a boom. Deadly.

- Damage buffs to linkable moves to make comboing more viable. I will wait and see, but this could be a goody.

-Guile kick can be comboed into and comboed from- but the don't mention it comboing in any way that'll be useful (Guile kick can be cancelled into ex flash for one hit in the air. Waste of meter).

- Weakness of hurricane is delibrate- they intend for it to be used as a controlling tool as I thought above. Personally this suits my style of play fine. They say flash explosion will be his big damage ultra.

I will wait and see, they don't say anything about buffing FK which needs something, and seems to be a bit better from vids, and it doesn't matter what they do to flash explosion's damage if it's the same old sucky inviable ultra.

Over to Kirby, the dictators, ken, the boxers and the sagats :D

One more thing- there's a major vibe of "fights will last longer" off of this... not sure the 3S players'll dig that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

3s players gonna bitch and whinge no matter what cos this is not 4s!!

See they pussied out of making Guiles sunglasses cancellable, that would have been hilarious - half way though a big combo bam on with the sunglasses!!

Advertisement