Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Oh yeah forgot about him.

Hopefully Adon makes it in. He is featured in Sagats story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Ok, all capcom needs to do to sell this game, is get rid of the f*cking intro music,
    tone sagat down, he's ridiculously over-powered in this game,
    bring back shin akuma,
    give each character an extra super.
    Improve the netcode, online play is brutal in SFIV,
    and possibly make more challenges or something to put a bit more into the single player aspect of the game,
    and also i would like to see better combos from AI when on a higher difficulty,
    i mean I could probly slaughter any hardest AI with my eyes closed the way it is,
    so theres a couple of things that would make it an exellent game, i would actually pay full price for that.
    The soundtrack is something that definatly HAS to be improved.
    Maybe they could add more costumes.. That DONT come as dlc, that we have to fork out more money for.

This could be an excellent game if capcom does this right.
    Its already a great fighting engine and they kept most of the defining aspects of the game from street fighter 2 & super turbo, which is great, they just need to correct the minor mistakes they made with sf4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ok, people hate Sagat. I get it. But he isn't ridiculously OP like people suggest. He hits like a tank, that's true but it's not like he has 7-3 match-ups over most of the cast. I still say Akuma is the best character in the game because of his wake-up vortex (shudder) and general mixup game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why cyber akuma? enough shotos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

I said shin akuma. Cyber would be stupid.
    And sagat has NO bad match ups, every single other character in the game has there weaknesses, no matter waht situation sagat is in, he has options, ALWAYS..
    And in those situations his options almost always conclude to ultra, which is simply ridiculous, and mashers can use him alot easier in this game cause of the "short cut system"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

tone sagat down

Improve the netcode, online play is brutal in SFIV,

and also i would like to see better combos from AI when on a higher difficulty,

Ssshhhuuuussshhh!

Agree, I hate the waiting time online

Agree also, wouldn't it be great if the AI would FADC into ultra?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I said shin akuma. Cyber would be stupid.
    And sagat has NO bad match ups, every single other character in the game has there weaknesses, no matter waht situation sagat is in, he has options, ALWAYS..
    And in those situations his options almost always conclude to ultra, which is simply ridiculous, and mashers can use him alot easier in this game cause of the "short cut system"

Ryu has no bad matchups either

EDIT: Also, if you wanna talk easy Ultra set-ups let's look at Rufus. Which move of his doesn't lead to Ultra?

cyber shin whatever, why do we need these special alterations, thats like having evil ken or something of that variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

If SF4 Sagat is too overpowered for you then you don't want to know about... well, you can pick almost any fighting game ever made, take the top character from that game, and they'd make SF4 Sagat seem decidedly puny.

Case in point:

http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/File:ThridStrikeDiagramCropped.jpg

Let's take a look at Yun (the top character):
    • He has one even matchup (versus Ken). The other 17 are all winning for Yun.
    • Of these matchups, five are 6-4, nine are 7-3 and three are 8-2
    • His average matchup (over the entire roster, including himself) is 6.68-3.32.
    • And then there's Chun-Li (second from top) - OK, she loses badly to Yun, but look at all those 8-2s! Those low-tier characters might as well drop dead just from seeing her thighs!

Compare with SF4 Sagat:

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Three 5-5s, sixteen 6-4s, five 7-3s.

Don't want to take the tier lists' word for it? Fine - there were no Sagats in the top eight at Evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep, Chun and Yun make Sagat look tame.

Champion Edition Bison is probably worse again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yreval wrote: »
    If SF4 Sagat is too overpowered for you then you don't want to know about...

Thank you Yreval! Now i feel better :)

those are accumulated over a period of a few years, not just 1.
    Only ken used to top tier in the first few years for along time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    Thank you Yreval! Now i feel better :)

Worse than Hitler I say.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Some more details about SSF IV from a recent interview with Yoshinori Ono.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/oct/08/more-ssf4-details-gathered-expanded-famitsu-article/

Basically the plan is to introduce 2-3 characters from previous games, since all of ST cast is accounted for now that leaves Street Fighter 4, Alpha (maybe Street Fighter 1) as the source for those characters.

People who bought the DLC for SF IV won't have to buy it again.

The replay system will be improved.

Ono mentioned that currently Guile not being able to combo into ultra is a problem so you can expect that to be fixed.

Also in a different article Seth Killian is reported as saying that there may be a character poll to decide on the added characters. Remember people vote Q if thats the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just got this game for the pc yesterday and god damn am i impressed. i was a huge fan of SF2 on the snes when i was younger and this is really bringing me back to my roots.

Even on my specs Q8200 quad, 3 GB of ram and a poor geforce 9500gs i am getting 60fps stable on highish res and high player/background details.

Delighted so far, the gameplay just feels so right :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hello Nuxxx! This is the discussion for SUPER SF4, the sequel arriving sometime next year. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

Ono mentioned that currently Guile not being able to combo into ultra is a problem so you can expect that to be fixed.

Oh, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sorry :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

why can't this be DLC / patch for SF4 owners? minor updates to core of the game..

also, why can't it be a PSN/Live d/l IF its cut-price. it all sucks!

Star Bingo wrote: »
    why can't this be DLC / patch for SF4 owners? minor updates to core of the game..

also, why can't it be a PSN/Live d/l IF its cut-price. it all sucks!

Bit late to the game I'm afraid.

http://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml

• Advertisement

damn man what, you have me read that? i don't need this fella's crap it is a really dumb fanboy article man... damn. now i want even MORE discounts for this t-hawk enchanced turd making my original SFIV online almost redundant when the competition migrates, nice one. oh drOOL all the same SUPER rubbish that made the original SFII base lose interest.
    STFU indeed

damn man what, you have me read that? i don't need this fella's crap it is a really dumb fanboy article man... damn. now i want even MORE discounts for this t-hawk enchanced turd making my original SFIV online almost redundant when the competition migrates, nice one. oh drOOL all the same SUPER rubbish that made the original SFII base lose interest.
    STFU indeed

How about debating why it's crap?

8 characters isn't DLC territory, IMO. Rebalancing would have been DLC territory.

It's already been pointed out this isn't going to be a full price release. So what's the big problem?

Most people are quite excited at the prospect of a rebalanced SF4. Most SF4 games are not balanced til their third iteration.

Being completely honest I'm just glad I had a new hopping on point for the genre I've loved since my childhood. It's amazing how quick people are to moan. 2 years ago people would have wet themselves as the prospect of 2 SF games in 2 years.

.. well man the 'moaning' brigade will be paltry beside the sheep that will buy regardless - like me probably - are you not bothered about the predictibility of the sequels that are already ensuing - SFII ones all over again - n ease of profits Konami will milk you for? look man quote me on this 'cut price' for a start, i've bought fullprice games sometimes for 40 and still considered them 'fullprice'

patching / DLC could have given us this backed up by our SFIV don't be ridiculous. seriously that guy's 'STFU' article is.. pointless. he's an a*shole

.. well man the 'moaning' brigade will be paltry beside the sheep that will buy regardless - like me probably - are you not bothered about the predictibility of the sequels that are already ensuing - SFII ones all over again - n ease of profits Konami will milk you for? look man quote me on this 'cut price' for a start, i've bought fullprice games sometimes for 40 and still considered them 'fullprice'

patching / DLC could have given us this backed up by our SFIV don't be ridiculous. seriously that guy's 'STFU' article is.. pointless. he's an a*shole

Eh... Street Fighter's not made by Konami.

The interview with Ono on the price is earlier in this thread.

As mentioned before, inevitably SF games don't hit their apex til the second or third iteration, so basically I will wait and see what they produce before declaring it an evil abuse of the games buying public.

Eh... Street Fighter's not made by Konami.

The interview with Ono on the price is earlier in this thread.

As mentioned before, inevitably SF games don't hit their apex til the second or third iteration, so basically I will wait and see what they produce before declaring it an evil abuse of the games buying public.

schmonami whoever the f- they'd still be conning me w/ this. who is it?! miz i asked you the price, think i'm backtracking here? u are not a very useful tool

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Out.
    Get out, and come back when you understand how DLC relates to consoles.

****ing well tell me then prIck

out?! ****ing sheephead ****face cockthrilla

Kiki in the cage

****ing well tell me then prIck

out?! ****ing sheephead ****face cockthrilla

Kiki in the cage

This user has been banned for this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*sigh*

DLC unlocks content already on the disc, or grants access to server-side changes.
    Patches change tiny bits of code to make the software work better.

Full sequels, like Super SFIV, change the game engine in myriad ways, add Gigabytes of new content (like WHOLE NEW CHARACTERS), use new compression algorithms to ensure all that content can fit on the disc, and then get tested, shipped, etc.

Your move.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *sigh*

DLC unlocks content already on the disc, or grants access to server-side changes.
    Patches change tiny bits of code to make the software work better.

Full sequels, like Super SFIV, change the game engine in myriad ways, add Gigabytes of new content (like WHOLE NEW CHARACTERS), use new compression algorithms to ensure all that content can fit on the disc, and then get tested, shipped, etc.

Your move.

Dude can't answer man. See above.

Advertisement