Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One of the first things said in the stream is that his drill kicks are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One of the stream dudes said drills were safe :eek:. Obviously at certain distances etc but this is great news for me. There were nigh on useless before. Only for position really. Now you can use em for offense!. ST sim baby! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Ramza wrote: »
    In fairness how could they nerf sim? :pac:
    Sim is ridiculously powerful..................................................................................................................from a Vega point of view anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ken B wrote: »
    Sim is ridiculously powerful..................................................................................................................from a Vega point of view anyway.

I really don't understand this viewpoint, it seems 5-5 to me and every tier list I've looked at seems to agree.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I really don't understand this viewpoint, it seems 5-5 to me and every tier list I've looked at seems to agree.

It was already 7-3 for me.

then again, with the faster booms...

• Advertisement

I'm not taking the mick......if you could help me Dreddy, it would be greatly appreciated. My record against Sim is pretty good(around 71%).....but top class ones seem to own me for free.

I'm not sure of the intricacies of the matchup, but I can't think of any reason Sim would have the advantage - he can't do much in the way of knockdown pressure (which is why most characters can rape Vega), Vega has good pokes so you should be able to do decently enough on footsies, and Dhalsim pretty much loses to every character once they get in.

Honestly the guys that beat you are probably doing it through being more skilled players than you, not because the matchup is that much in Sim's favour imo. Watching Japanese videos is probably a good way to figure out the matchup, that's what I do most of the time.

I mean I get raped by good Abel players all the time, but I have no illusions about it being the matchup - I'm just being outplayed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252776

Some pics from a SSF4 event in London on Friday. Looks like Chunkis flipping the bird in the third picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Chunkis taking notes aswell, getting serious :D

Is that the infamous blanka toy that Ono has?! The one that was obscuring the view of Hakan months ago?!

2739927-5024148-thumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Video of chunkis playing super!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Clutched it there Chunkis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Chunkis representing the Irish with random lucky ultra!!! haha

Guy looks good!!! And Chunkis uses him quite well on day 1 aswell! Fair play Dom!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Clutched it there Chunkis!

Yeah some testicles on that finish to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cutting it fine, Chunkis! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Wasn't that random, the guy was going for pokes and he ultrad the poke , risky all right, not random though.

Was actually a great match , I certainly couldn't see my self playing that well with a new character right away, the amount of poking going on though reminded me of 3s lol.
    I look forward to hearing his impression of this, 1st member of the community to play the game.

The more of this I see the more I love the idea of a new character only tournament on release day/weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I wouldn't mind a new character 2v2 tournament. Would be good for a laugh.

All random too. Random teams and each person is randomly assigned a new character!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What's the craic with prebooking online? I see play.com have it for like 32 something to prebook, but tbh I'm not arsed and would prefer just to go into Gamestop on release day and pick it up in person (like I did with SFIV Vanilla)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Interesting tidbits I have learned.

Dhalsim

Filipinochamp had some time with SSF IV Dhalsim.

He noted the followings.
    He reckons HP has been nerfed. He has slightly less range

Drills are much safer. Travel at the same speed but its safer on block/hit.

He said Sagat will be free for Sim in SSF IV. Ultra 2 owns Sagat.

Sim can instant air teleport into ultra 2 on reaction to Sagat throwing a fireball.
    If this is the case once Sim has ultra 2 everyones fireball game except Guiles will stop.

Sims ultra 2 does 450 damage max.

Chun-Li

A player who got some time on with Chun-Li in SSF IV, reckons her S.MP was not buffed in terms of speed. It the same speed so any buff is damage or frame advantage.
    C.MK has been changed somehow but he wasn't sure how.
    LK.SBK seems faster on start up and has a better hitbox.

Another report claims that Chun's flip kick (down forward + LK) now juggles on hit as opposed to it only juggling on a counter hit in regular SF 4.

C.Viper

Ultra one nerfed by 60 damage, now does 480 damage max as opposed to 540 in SF4. I suspect that Bison and Cammy got a similar nerf to their ultra 1's as they also do 540 damage.

E.Honda

His ultra 2 can not be jumped out after the flash. His ultra 2 has less range than Zangiefs ultra 1.

Balrog

According to Seth Killian Balrogs hitbox has now been fixed and combo's on him should be more consistent. He also said you can't jump out of Rog's ultra 2 after if he performs it while his opponent is crouched.

Sakura
    Ultra 2 does between 320-330 damage.

Seth
    Filipinochamp is saying Seth has alot more recovery on his teleport.

Rumors going round that his SPD has got a damage buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Azza wrote: »
    He also said you can't jump out of Rog's ultra 2 after if he performs it while his opponent is crouched.

Thank ****.

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Thank ****.

It'll still be hard to land tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

But at least this gives us the chance to land it outside punishment.

Good point

I was thinking it would really hard to like tick into it, like when Rog does the cr.jab walk, cr.jab pressure, a throw is pretty much the least of your worries in a situation like that, ticking to 720 was possible in 3s but not sure if you can tachi in sf4

Ticking into 720 is no problem in SF4, with Gief anyway it's simple to do off any normal.

edit: Tachi gigas in 3s refers to standing 720 though, not ticking into it with a buffer, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Azza wrote: »

Another report claims that Chun's flip kick (down forward + LK) now juggles on hit as opposed to it only juggling on a counter hit in regular SF4.

Could be handy for some stomp shenanigans in the corner :D

Sorry Ken, looks like Capcom still hates Vega as much as ever. At around 3:18, his mask gets knocked off and he loses his entire ultra bar... :pac:

edit: Think he tried wakeup ultra and got hit out of it, losing his whole bar... sucks if there's still no invincibility on that.

Ticking into 720 is no problem in SF4, with Gief anyway it's simple to do off any normal.

edit: Tachi gigas in 3s refers to standing 720 though, not ticking into it with a buffer, right?

Oh wow, I never knew that, but with Rog ticking a 720 between cr,jab pressure might be hard?

Yeah, you're right, **** up on my part, my bad

Sorry Ken, looks like Capcom still hates Vega as much as ever. At around 3:18, his mask gets knocked off and he loses his entire ultra bar... :pac:

edit: Think he tried wakeup ultra and got hit out of it, losing his whole bar... sucks if there's still no invincibility on that.
    Good spot Dreddy....this is really, really bad. I'm going to start getting a vicarious persecution complex soon.....:confused::(:mad:

Yeah says counter hit so he just got knocked out of the startup and lost ultra

Vega deserves it for being a fag :pac:

You're right, of course. Not only is he a fag, but everyone who uses him is a sick masochist. It's all a bit unsavoury really.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well of course you're a masochist.
    Vega's a sadist at heart, and if the Internet's taught me anything is that you need BOTH for a gay S&M mask-wearing couple!
    I hate the Internet. :(

Advertisement