Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Anyone else noticing the random sounds of broken glass in Super? Its a bit annoying! I thought it was just the new sound of armour breaking but in this fight the sound just comes out randomly for no reason :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Tis the pots in the background breaking - Also Hondas hundred hand slap sounds like a sample from satan by orbital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

My Xbox RROD's two weeks before SSFIV and 1000GP away from SG............I'm ****ing well pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ken B wrote: »
    My Xbox RROD's two weeks before SSFIV and 1000GP away from SG............I'm ****ing well pissed off.

Gotta love that reliable hardware, what's your score? I'm on two RRoDs so far. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sorry to hear that Ken. It really is a disposable games console :p

My mega drive still works :D

Does it take long to get it replaced? Hope you can get it sorted in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How old is it Ken? If you got it in a shop in town you can just bring it in and they'll replace it there and then. If online you can still chance your arm in town and say you forgot the receipt.

Mate of mine brought his into Gamestop before with no receipt. They didn't ask him any questions, just gave him a new console out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Gotta love that reliable hardware, what's your score? I'm on two RRoDs so far. :pac:

Had my third one there recently :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Still on my first one over two two years in :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Event Hubs has translated the latest developers blogs and we have some more character notes.

Abel
    His normals do more damage.
    Sky Fall is easier to land.
    Sweep is better Sounds like a change in hitboxes.
    His far s.lp is faster.
    He can cancel out of ultra 2 is he knows its not going to hit. He doesn't have to commit to it and leave himself open.

Akuma
    Uncertain translation but it seems Demon Flip Palm is now not safe on block.
    His light and medium strength moves do less stun than in SF 4 but his hard strength moves do more.

C.Viper
    Her c.mp has been buffed but not clear how.
    Her Burn Kicks are possibly unsafe on block.

El Fuerte
    Nothing much new but they confirmed his ultra 2 goes through fireballs during the slide part of it.

Gouken
    His parry is easier to do. (whatever that means)
    Faster overhead.
    His tatsu has improved hitbox. Easier to connect with.

Rufus
    Ex.Messiah got a damage nerf but not changed otherwise.
    Other moves where nerfed but not mentioned.
    His ultra 2 does good chip damage.

Seth
    His jumping hard punch has less priority.
    His teleport is slower, more recover frames.
    Main purpose of ultra 2 is combo's, anti air and chip damage.
    (also I spotted in videos his ultra 2 sucks you in like his super does)

Next update will be on April 20th, discussing Cammy, Fei, Sakura, Rose, Gen, and Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Can i really bring it into gamestop and get a new one? I'll try that tomorrow....

I switched it on a couple of hours later and it actually worked(dead cat bounce effect, methinks!). But this has happened before, right before it epically failed on me....

I've actually had it replaced once and pretty much lost all my data....not too keen to get that done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Still on my first one over two two years in :D

I've a few x box 360s
    and i always see people saying they rrod without fail it only happened to one of mine ever and it worked after a restart and hasn't done it in ever again. i notice that the disc tray is very fiddly though,

maybe onion and i are doing something different to the rest?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My 3 and a half year old 360 RRoDed two weeks ago so is outside the warranty period. However when I rang up MS they took it for repair and are doing it for free, still haven't gotten it back though. It's worth trying that way first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Mine RROD'd after about a year, two weeks to fix and no probs since*

*prays he hasnt put the mockers on it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

meducation wrote:
    I've a few x box 360s
    and i always see people saying they rrod without fail it only happened to one of mine ever and it worked after a restart and hasn't done it in ever again. i notice that the disc tray is very fiddly though,
    Wikipedia indicates it's a problem with the solder joints, so maybe you're just lucky?

On-topic: Abel's Ultra 2 is looking down-right Fierce!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ken B wrote: »
    Can i really bring it into gamestop and get a new one? I'll try that tomorrow....

I switched it on a couple of hours later and it actually worked(dead cat bounce effect, methinks!). But this has happened before, right before it epically failed on me....

I've actually had it replaced once and pretty much lost all my data....not too keen to get that done again.

Aren't you supposed to remove the hard drive before sending it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Aren't you supposed to remove the hard drive before sending it back?

Ye, you dont send back the hard drive.

Allioune is claiming on srk that sagat is even better in super :mad:

Bush80 wrote:
    Allioune is claiming on srk that sagat is even better in super

I bet Terry is behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Bush80 wrote: »
    Allioune is claiming on srk that sagat is even better in super :mad:

I fail to see how this can be true, seeing how everyone else (including the developers) are saying he has been knocked down a peg. Can angry scar/new ultra be that good?

• Advertisement

Ye i find it hard to believe too but that dude knows his stuff. He says he his goinh to upload some videos. One thing he said was st.rh can be cancelled into a special.

Apparantly Ex.Tiger Uppercut does 200 damage if it fully connects and 240 if its been buffed by Ex.Scar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

WTF? Thats way too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

240 for 2 bars doesn't sound that overpowered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

200 for a single EX move that can performed virtually anytime is too much man. The "fully connects" part though would seem to indicate why. Perhaps it whiffs for part of it quite alot? Like Kens SRK.

The damage EX.Tiger Uppercut does is the same as it does now. It normally doesn't connect fully outside of combo's.

I dislike moves that do so much damage than can be combo-ed into.

However it seems likely Tiger Knee got a massive nerf. People are saying that if Tiger Knee only hits once, it does 30 damage as opposed to the 110 it does now.

More news on Sagat.

Sagat can combo into sweep. EX Tiger Shot into U2 works fullscreen. EX Tiger Knee combos into U2, and CH HK xx Angry Scar into Ultra works.

Azza wrote: »
    CH HK xx Angry Scar into Ultra works.

is there an uppercut after the scar or does it increase the damage on the Ultra??

No the angry scar cancels out of the s.hk and recover fast enough to allow to link directly into ultra 1. If you had the meter you could probably do S.HK XX AS, Tiger Uppecut FADC, F+HK, Ultra.

The angry scar is a very fast move. Almost no recovery or start up on it.

• Advertisement

Christ... it looks like they've brought down his damage output per move, but increased his ability to inflict it by giving him more links... I think I'll try my namesake in super :rolleyes:

Advertisement