Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

**** sagat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Even the developers can't stop Sagat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Alioune has done it again!

Sagat is a beast!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't think he looks more powerful than vanilla.

Being able to cancel S.HK into a special means nothing. The first hit of S.HK does only 40 damage in vanilla SF 4 and may do less in SSF IV as his S.HK has been nerfed by 30 damage in total.

He already has better moves to cancel into specials from.

His AS doesn't give him any more additional combo's, he could already cancel into Tiger Uppercut from any of his special cancelable moves, but the speed of AS scare means he is garunteed to do full damage of his Tiger Uppercut when he lands his combo. It does 10 more damage than vanilla but its costing him one bar of meter.

His new ultra gives him new setups but he looses big damage of his ultra 1 if he if opts for ultra 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All that looked nice but the damage seemed quite low except for angry scar TU and thats limited use.

I don't think Angry Scar will have limited use. It will be used alot, but that makes it far less likely Sagat will have meter to FADC into ultra.

We might see 2 types of Sagat now.

Angry Scar heavy user that uses Ultra 2 more.
    Or non Angry Scar that sticks to using Ultra 1.

We might see Ex.Tiger Uppercut become a more comon Ultra set up as Sagat will find it hard to keep meter.

Azza wrote: »
    I don't think Angry Scar will have limited use. It will be used alot, but that makes it far less likely Sagat will have meter to FADC into ultra.

We might see 2 types of Sagat now.

Angry Scar heavy user that uses Ultra 2 more.
    Or non Angry Scar that sticks to using Ultra 1.

We might see Ex.Tiger Uppercut become a more comon Ultra set up as Sagat will find it hard to keep meter.

I meant, isn't there reports angr scar can only be used once in a fight?

Angry Scar only be used once at a time. You use it and it powers up your next Tiger Uppercut. Once you perform a Tiger Uppercut you are free to perform the Angry Scar again.

Azza wrote: »
    Angry Scar only be used once at a time. You use it and it powers up your next Tiger Uppercut. Once you perform a Tiger Uppercut you are free to perform the Angry Scar again.

Oh right.

Bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The damage is okay on most of that. He still looks good. How good we shall have to wait and see but the damage isn't that scary when you think about it.

Its hard to know if that damage is good or not in super.

The dps doing less damage on grounded characters is a good idea I think. I wonder in cammys dp fadc dp is the second dp considerd grounded?

Cammys Cannon Spikes do 80,90,95,95 damage for the LK, MK, HK and EX versions as anti airs. I'm assuming that hasn't changed or got worse so either way Cannon Spike FADC Cannon Spike won't be as damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Does anyone know what kind of health adon has. I've read he's mid to low tier supposedly but I loved him in alpha and I think I'm gonna make a good stab at learning him in super.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think he's 950-1000 or thereabouts.

Colour 11 is the watercolour effect from the PC version and 12 makes the character look crosshatched, supposed to look sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNj1xYLYhU

^ video of the new character colour/graphic setting that'll be available to those who bought SF4. Looks pretty cool I gotta say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

^Gonna NOT click that so I can be surprised when I get the game.

I know so much already @_@

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Creature wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNj1xYLYhU

^ video of the new character colour/graphic setting that'll be available to those who bought SF4. Looks pretty cool I gotta say.

Balls I'm very disappointed. I wanted a new colour. Hardly notice any difference there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's Fei Long though. The pencil lines are in black and his costume is black so it's hard to see. I reckon it'll look quite good with other characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Still I was hoping for new colours really, if they were gonna add the ink effect option from the PC it should have been done as an option for all colours , not just one. Something you turn on in the menu options , just like on the pc.

• Advertisement

First thing I have noticed in the trials- Guile's EX flash connects twice after Guile kick. This is obviously the incentive they were talking about to use it more. It was a waste to do in 4.

l FK >> Flash explosion looks easier.

Thanks capcom.

Modinside says Guile has LOADS of new stuff not reflected in the trials. I can't wait to get my hands on him and ignore all that and run away and throw booms at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

run away and throw booms at people.

Well that is Guile's gameplan/playstyle, you're kind of meant to do that :pac:

Im all over cody, he looks like a really good fun character. Check out this combo video.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is that high kick he does a normal? Where he sticks his leg straight up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

He does a bunch of ex versions of it in the video, is it just a normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »
    Is that high kick he does a normal? Where he sticks his leg straight up in the air.

It's the roundhouse version of his ruffian kick (QCF + K)
    A-Trak wrote: »
    He does a bunch of ex versions of it in the video, is it just a normal?

After a non counter hit launch only ex moves will juggle (though there are exceptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ramza wrote: »
    It's the roundhouse version of his ruffian kick (QCF + K)

After a non counter hit launch only ex moves will juggle (though there are exceptions)

Short answer, - no it's a special ;)

• Advertisement

MoD1ns1d3 this time Flash Explosion does more 10 more damage than Sagat's Tiger Destruction, and is easier to land, even if it only lands 3 hits, will do big damage due to the last hit causing half the damage of the Ultra. 4 hours ago

MoD1ns1d3 (uploader) PKK and I always had close battles, and I tend to lead the score for some games, now its a total different thing, he is struggling now to win against my Guile, Guile feels a lot powerful now, Sonic Hurricane is a better Ultra, but Flash Explosion is pretty good too, the damage output is a lot more now 4 hours ago
    MoD1ns1d3 (uploader) MoD1ns1d3 (uploader) Ok guys, I'm going to continue with more trials, I will be up all night long, and will try to do as many as possible, also, GeoM PKK is here, the actual national champion, and I have some great news, Sagat is no longer a problem for Guile, you can keep the firewall war a lot longer now, his damage output is not as broken as it was in vanilla, trades are difficult but still there,

Nahahahahahhahahahahahhahha!

Advertisement