Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

as incredible as it sounds, cody is easier to use than shotos, I can see a lot of people using him online, skills or not, anyone can do a lot with cody, Vega is a lot better too, one local Vega player was giving us headaches, flying barcelona will hit any character when using it on combos, will no longer whiff

Sounds like flowchart cody may appear.

also good news for Ken B, Mod knows his charge characters.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Reading about some changes to Bison

His throw has been buffed to 140. Up 10.

All Psycho Crushers are up 10 damage.

HP Psycho Crusher seems safe if blocked point blank.

Bison can't punish Honda's LP and EX Headbutts on block but can punish Blanka balls with reversal ultra.

Ex.Psycho Crusher goes through fireballs once Bison is fully horizontal after start up.

Some people are reporting Bisons S.HK more horizontal range, some reporting more vertical range that makes it much better AA while others say its unchanged.

Some people reporting that his slide is safer and that his c.hp is better but others say they are the same.

Most reckon c.lk links are much easier to perform but c.mk may have been nerfed on start up speed.

J.MP may have got better priority

Ultra 1 has been dropped to 492 damage down from 540.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

They've split the trials up into individual levels? That's cool, even if it slows down the easy ones. It seems they've also moved the Normal Lv. 5 onesdown to where Lv. 2 would be, right after the basic specials. Makes more sense, but they were like a nice, relaxing cooldown after the stress and finger-damage of Lv. 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Did people know this was possible? I didnt know at all , thought it could only be combod from a teleport or something , seems a lot of chars can combo/link into ultras now without FADCing or focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sisko wrote: »
    Did people know this was possible? I didnt know at all , thought it could only be combod from a teleport or something , seems a lot of chars can combo/link into ultras now without FADCing or focus.

Im pretty sure he does a teleport into ultra after the fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

woah I see! (I think) when people said he teleported into the ultra thats not how I pictured it at all.

Looks like Ryu can cr mk xx hadoken FADC Metsu shoryu...

• Advertisement

Emmm Kirby about Sim getting no changes in SSF IV.

Dhalsim dmg changes:

"Light Yoga Flame is up from 80 to 110, med went from 90 to 140 and hard 100 to 170 and EX Yoga Flame is 180.
    Light Yoga Blast is up from 80 to 130, med 90 to 150 and hard 100 to 180, ex version does 140."

SSF4 - SF4
    Close Light Punch 30 - 30
    Close Medium Punch 60 - 50
    Close Hard Punch 85 - 80
    Close Light Kick 30 - 30
    Close Medium Kick 70 - 60
    Close Hard Kick 90 - 90
    Back + Light Punch 50 - 50
    Back + Medium Punch 70 - 70
    Back + Hard Punch 120- 120
    Back + Light Kick 40 - 40
    Back + Medium Kick 70 - 70
    Back + Hard Kick 110- 110
    Down or Down Forward + Light Punch 25 - 15
    Down or Down Forward + Medium Punch 60 - 50
    Down or Down Forward + Hard Punch 80 - 70
    Down or Down Forward + Light Kick 30 - 30
    Down or Down Forward + Medium Kick 70 - 70
    Down or Down Forward + Hard Kick 100- 100
    Down Back + Light Punch 30 - 20
    Down Back + Medium Punch 70 - 70
    Down Back + Hard Punch 100- 80
    Down Back + Light Kick 30 - 30
    Down Back + Medium Kick 60 - 60
    Down Back + Hard Kick 100- 100
    Jump Light Punch 20 - 20
    Jump Medium Punch 80 - 60
    Jump Hard Punch 100- 70
    Jump Light Kick 40 - 30
    Jump Medium Kick 70 - 50
    Jump Hard Kick 85 - 90
    Jump, Back + Light Punch 40 - 20
    Jump, Back + Medium Punch 70 - 40
    Jump, Back + Hard Punch 85 - 70
    Jump, Back + Light Kick 40 - 40
    Jump, Back + Medium Kick 70 - 60
    Jump, Back + Hard Kick 90 - 100
    Foot Drill (Air) 70 - 60
    Head Drill (Air) 90 - 80

This makes no mention of his improved normal throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Suppose the nature of fighting games...balance being vital.. makes the "gone gold" phase not quite as final as other games. Alot of people assumed, myself included, that the version everybody played a month ago was the final one.

More fool me. :o Changes are good. Even if they arent all positive. We have stuff to analyse and it makes it more fun.

The heavy nerf of jumping fierce is a bit disappointing as its sims best weapon. But atleast his flame and upflame does decent damage now. Thats good.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Looks like Ryu can cr mk xx hadoken FADC Metsu shoryu...

I think that's only at max range, and in the corner though.
    It looks like metsu hadoken wasn't nerfed much damage wise either, so as long as his dp hasn't lost too much priority, he'll still be godly.

Cody's looking very interesting too. Loads of links, easy ultra setup, I'll have some of that!

That Dhalsim tune brings back memories of ST. Needs more elephant roar though! :p

Red350 wrote: »
    I think that's only at max range, and in the corner though.
    It looks like metsu hadoken wasn't nerfed much damage wise either, so as long as his dp hasn't lost too much priority, he'll still be godly.

Cody's looking very interesting too. Loads of links, easy ultra setup, I'll have some of that!

I dunno if that'll make him godly any more. They definitely seem to be giving other characters more ways to land ultras. This has always been the dividing line in the tier list for 4.

I wonder how easy the AA FK Flash explosion is to do. It was technically possible in 4 (I saw it done in Cannes).

Kirby wrote: »
    The heavy nerf of jumping fierce is a bit disappointing as its sims best weapon. But atleast his flame and upflame does decent damage now. Thats good.

Considering the nerfs some others are getting, you can't really complain though, nor can I apparently although I'm still a little low on details.

Kirby wrote:

Your looking at that wrong, its been buffed by 30 damage.

Sim is going own the shoto's for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Apparently at the event in Manchester there were two T. Hawks in the top three and one of them was the winner.

Not sure if it was just a new characters only tourney though.

Apparently at the event in Manchester there were two T. Hawks in the top three and one of them was the winner.

It was probably a T.Hawk only competition with only 2 entrants.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Your looking at that wrong, its been buffed by 30 damage.

Sim is going own the shoto's for free.

:eek: Was that a ninja edit? Or are my eyes all wonky. Well thats quite good than. People are saying the range is decresed tho. Like the standing variant. But if the damage is better I don't see a problem with that. Give a little, Get a little. :)

And not all shoto's. I'd imagine Akuma is still quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It was new characters only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Kirby wrote: »
    That Dhalsim tune brings back memories of ST. Needs more elephant roar though! :p

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT IT!!

I bet the winner was pink.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Creature wrote: »
    DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT IT!!

I bet the winner was pink.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know Chopper bagsied the pink first, right?

No way. Myself and Blag were in there first as Team Pink Hawk. Though Chopper is welcome to join if he wishes.

Creature wrote: »
    No way. Myself and Blag were in there first as Team Pink Hawk. Though Chopper is welcome to join if he wishes.

Personally, I think you should all fight for it :D

I dunno if that'll make him godly any more. They definitely seem to be giving other characters more ways to land ultras. This has always been the dividing line in the tier list for 4.

I don't think ultra's are what make the tiers, if that were the case then gen, cammy, abel and gouken would be a lot higher.
    It's definitely a big factor, but it's more about footsies and high confirmable damage/stun output imo.

Personally, I think you should all fight for it :D

Ah no, there's no need for that. Hawk appreciators should stick together, we need all the help we can get against the ever growing evil Sagat presence.

Orim wrote: »
    The ability to easily land an ultra was definitely a part of being up there. Akuma is the only top tier that doesn't have an easy set-up ultra.

I agree that's it part of it, but it's not necessary (as you said with akuma), and it's not a free ticket to top tier either (cammy, abel etc).

I don't think that other characters getting better ultras will stop ryu being as godly, it's ryu's combination of footsies/damage/ultra/zoning that makes him so good, and as far as we can tell so far, all they've done is reduce the damage on his ultra set up.
    His ridiculous links are still intact, and though they do a bit less damage, so does everyone else.

As I was saying, the one thing that's undetermined is the priority on his dp, that'll make or break it for ryu making a return to top tier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Apparently his DP sucks ass now, no damage and trades with almost everything.

Advertisement