Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

The arcade mode features Shin Akuma.

Wonder if he'll be a (local) multiplayer unlockable?

What? Where'd yea here this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe4RnxiZxY

Double air fireball without meter 45 seconds in.

Shin m bision in ex plus alpha, ahh those were the days.

Edit: Also deejays jumping arcs just look wrong, like the first time I saw SFIV in motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Was talking to a friend who's played it. Dudley's overtaken Sagat as the best character. Juri seems to be the best female fighter. Chun li has'nt got much better and the achievements are alot more sensible and are often based around winning online matchs in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The arcade mode features Shin Akuma.

Wonder if he'll be a (local) multiplayer unlockable?

I read on a blog somewhere that Ono said people were complaining that boss Akuma and Gouken weren't hard enough, comparable to Seth.

So now boss Akuma, Seth and Gouken all have completely ridiculously and overpowered hitboxes and priority that seperates them from their playable counterparts.

So if Shin Akuma is just the CPU Boss Akuma, then I imagine no, he isn't playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xluna wrote: »
    Was talking to a friend who's played it. Dudley's overtaken Sagat as the best character. Juri seems to be the best female fighter. Chun li has'nt got much better and the achievements are alot more sensible and are often based around winning online matchs in a row.

Could tell Dudley would be very good from the first video. Was obvious. But Sagat tier? Not so sure. He'll be top 5 yeah but tbh I think there wont be the same disconnect this time around between Ryu / Sagat and everyone else. Will be closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From the long session we had today, Dudley doesn't seem to be the best character. Good, but not too good.

Sagat is just as good as ever really.

Juri is a bitch!

And Chun is brilliant with Ultra 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

From the long session we had today.....

Oh man, you regulars getting to practice before the tourney is killing my meagre newbie hopes of placing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Oh man, you regulars getting to practice before the tourney is killing my meagre newbie hopes of placing well.

I wouldn't call it practise. There was about 20 people waiting for games on one console. No-one got enough time with any of the new characters to learn anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Orim wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it practise. There was about 20 people waiting for games on one console. No-one got enough time with any of the new characters to learn anything.
    Yea, seriously. I had about 5 games with Guy I still don't even know all his command moves heh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I learned some things.

Guile is fvcking AWESOME now.

Sonic Hurricane is completely safe on block, and will auto-correct to HELP you.
    And his charge times, links, they seem better now.
    I like this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Guile is fvcking AWESOME now.

I was nearly in tears, so I was.

Oh is somone jumping? SONIC HURRICANE!

Someone has the audacity to walk towards me? SONIC HURRICANE!

Oh no you didn't just use a projectile, did you? SONIC HURRICANE!

I don't think it can be underestimated how much it adds to Guile to be able to do stuff like this. Pretty safe and starts really quick

New charge time is to me even a little over the top quick, I was booming by accident sometimes because I blocked then tried to overhead. I am sure I will get used to it.

Honestly didn't notice any change to FK but I didn't get much chance to use it.

I THINK the cr mk was faster.

I need to sit down and mess round with his normals to see whats changed there but I didn't have the old feeling of "every fight is a fight for your life" you used to get with Guile overall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wtf
    where are u guys playing this? wheres my invite.

wtfffffffffffffffffffff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    wtf

wtfffffffffffffffffffff

It was in the wednesday casuals thread. They were going to have a "super" time :pac:

fck yall
    im going barcelona, hola any arcades,
    i make it rain on them

fck yall
    im going barcelona, hola any arcades,
    i make it rain on them

Bet you get whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Bet you get whipped.

Seconded

Also. respect the queue!

id actuaLLy whip u both in one round,
    2 vs 1 alpha style.

Xinkai, youd go first id say.

wtf

wtfffffffffffffffffffff

Ah man if I thought you would have come I'd have pmed you. I said it to ryan on steam but he wasn't interested , I guess I assumed you'd be the same.

You should hop into the irc from time to time man. http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah man if I thought you would have come I'd have pmed you. I said it to ryan on steam but he wasn't interested , I guess I assumed you'd be the same.

You should hop into the irc from time to time man. http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116
    **** pm'ing him. He should check the forums hisowndamnself.

• Advertisement

I agree but I knew what was happening on wednesday cause of irc and chatting to the likes of you on steam etc.

Other wise I'd have just seen a thread talking about casuals on wednesday , which normally I wouldn't be heading in for thus not necessarily read it.

Although personally I read every thread :p Even the tekken ones, if only to make it so it no longer shows as an unread thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Was talkin to doyler on xbla and he gave me the lowdown on some of the characters yee all played on Wednesday. I'm purple with envy!!!!.
    How was chun. As good as the reports????.

BanjoB wrote: »
    Was talkin to doyler on xbla and he gave me the lowdown on some of the characters yee all played on Wednesday. I'm purple with envy!!!!.
    Ask Orim :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

BanjoB wrote: »

From watching some streams and videos it looks like her Ultra 2 is unusable. I think you should save yourself some wasted effort and dont ever pick it. Not even to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Sairus wrote: »
    From watching some streams and videos it looks like her Ultra 2 is unusable. I think you should save yourself some wasted effort and dont ever pick it. Not even to test it.

damn it. All those lies!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. Indeed. Completely useless. And guile isn't any better. Or vega. Bison's new ultra is rubbish too. No point in using it Azza. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

is it true this might be out tomorrow

eeeeeeeeeh? Think your getting mixed up somewhere. Its out Friday next. The 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'd doubt any shops would even have it in stock at the moment. Usually they'd come in on tuesday/wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

people in the us who ordered from capcom store have had theirs sent out. but thats only something i heard its most likely s**t

Advertisement