Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Abel's U2 seems to be a crazy AA/punishing tool. It's a grab (can't block), has armor, and it's INSANELY fast -- don't think you can jump out on reaction.
    The only weaknesses are that at long-range, it doesn't reach; and armor-breaking moves beat it clean.

I think it can punish Blanka balls on hit with Reversal timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Abel's U2 seems to be a crazy AA/punishing tool. It's a grab (can't block), has armor, and it's INSANELY fast -- don't think you can jump out on reaction.
    The only weaknesses are that at long-range, it doesn't reach; and armor-breaking moves beat it clean.

I think it can punish Blanka balls on hit with Reversal timing.

Yeah my mate caught me with it alot. I find the only way to get away is to jump over abel since he cant change direction. So characters with a lousy jump that are stuck in the wall are gonna see it alot...

One achievement is to get C rank with all characters. I dunno how many wins it takes to get a C rank but I'm rubbish with abel so day one I'm just gonna use U2 and get to C rank with abel! :D

Achievements won't win you tournaments ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Proving axioms are out.

Illustrating principals are in.

Achievements won't win you tournaments ;)

Oh god that did make me sound bad... Lol not the way I meant it I assure you. I just know abel was definitely not put into the game for my sake so was getting him outta the way because I've already got a pretty good idea who I'm gonna main... Though theres about 7 characters I'm really enjoying which doesnt sound too focused. Gonna have to weed it down...

• Advertisement

Hmmm.

Dudley could be getting some time from me too. Possibly Guy as well.

None of the shotos lit my fire at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Adon all the way guys.

Need to practice Rising Jaguar>FADC>U2 though.

Never really needed to FADC with any of the characters I played in IV.

Adon all the way guys.

Need to practice Rising Jaguar>FADC>U2 though.

Never really needed to FADC with any of the characters I played in IV.

You're telling me. Got to work on FK FADC hurricane.

I can already bazooka knee U2 in a fireball war with Ryu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Oh god that did make me sound bad... Lol not the way I meant it I assure you. I just know abel was definitely not put into the game for my sake so was getting him outta the way because I've already got a pretty good idea who I'm gonna main... Though theres about 7 characters I'm really enjoying which doesn't sound too focused. Gonna have to weed it down...

Its good to have a grasp of as many characters as possible though as it'll help in terms of match ups, which does help win tournaments :D

I need to do more of this myself.

Hmmm.

None of the shotos lit my fire at all.

Yeah I've never been into shotos meself. Always been into the grappler types. Woukda used zangief in SF4 except for the stigma of the lariat. Hoping to get good with T.hawk and hakan. Finding you need to play hakan for awhile just to get into the habit of staying oiled up but hes alot of fun. And guy is alot of fun but I think its insane that his U2 is beaten by command throws. Was that the case for Ultra throws in Vanilla?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've never been into shotos meself. Always been into the grappler types. Woukda used zangief in SF4 except for the stigma of the lariat. Hoping to get good with T.hawk and hakan. Finding you need to play hakan for awhile just to get into the habit of staying oiled up but hes alot of fun. And guy is alot of fun but I think its insane that his U2 is beaten by command throws. Was that the case for Ultra throws in Vanilla?

for the reasons Sisko mentions there I like messing round with all types of characters though. Just not digging a shoto yet though.

Yeah being good with a variety of characters is definitely going to help you. At the mo though, I'm thinking I should try build my game up with one or two characters and once I'm confident with them, start learning other characters ins and outs.

And now for something completely different. Paddy Power is going to start accepting bets on SSF4!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244172

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Played through arcade mode today with a few characters and fought against both Shin Akuma and Shin Gouken.

Shin Akuma is in his purple gi and has double air fireballs as standard and is stupidly fast.

Shin Gouken is also faster and is in an all blue costume. His fireballs are all two hits as standard and his EX Palm has at least one hit of armour. Not sure about his regular palms.

Also unlocked the arranged BGMs by just setting both a title and icon. I turned them on in the options, but it still has just been playing regular themes. Don't know why?

PAlso unlocked the arranged BGMs by just setting both a title and icon. I turned them on in the options, but it still has just been playing regular themes. Don't know why?

I had the same problem. It only worked for me in two player versus against a friend but not against the computer. The music played will be the theme of the player on the right aswell.

And guy is alot of fun but I think its insane that his U2 is beaten by command throws. Was that the case for Ultra throws in Vanilla?

Abel's Tornado Throw can beat Zangief's Ultra clean. :D

Abel's Tornado Throw can beat Zangief's Ultra clean. :D

Oh really? Yikes poor gief. Yeah my mate did it to me and we both started laughing until I thought more about it and was very :mad: Abel seems to have alot in his going for him. I've never paid much interest in tiers but I always thought it odd he was on mid tier because there is alot of vids online of abel's cleaning house! Or is there some match ups that are totally in the opposition's favour?

Well... for one... ZANGIEF :mad:

Basically Abel is a sitting duck when he gets knocked down.
    The only wakeup tools he's got are his backdash & roll.
    Also he has a large hitbox, so combos easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

And now for something completely different. Paddy Power is going to start accepting bets on SSF4!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244172

That's awesome. I wonder if there'll be any jobs going for doing the risk analysis of SSF4 events!

Gotta put some money on my PP account. Finally something I can bet on that I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I had the same problem. It only worked for me in two player versus against a friend but not against the computer. The music played will be the theme of the player on the right aswell.

I hope there's a way to get retro BGM for single player. The new music is forgettable,as is most fighting game music these days though.

Xluna wrote: »
    I hope there's a way to get retro BGM for single player. The new music is forgettable,as is most fighting game music these days though.

MP3 into console. Choose music - Blood on the Asphalt. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

For those who have the game already (bastards!) you might find this helpful.

Thanks. Is there any version of that video with subtitles?

Xluna wrote: »
    Thanks. Is there any version of that video with subtitles?

In work or a problem with the scottish accent? :D

Basically, you go to versus, start a p1 vs cpu match, when it loads escape to character select and repeat over and over. Each time you will unlock a taunt or colour.

Nice one. It's a shame this method does'nt work for vanilla sfiv but still.....only four more days to go.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hey guys, can't seem to find out what I want to know through searching. Just wondering which of the new characters are charge (aside from Dee Jay), and more importantly for me, which of the new cast have air throws??

I've found out recently that I can't play characters who don't have one... Not that I can particularly play the ones that do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ibuki has an airthrow. Don't think any of the others have one though, maybe Guy?

And DeeJay is the only charge character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

maybe Guy?

Yeah, I'm reasonably certain I've seen him do one.

Ibuki has an airthrow. Don't think any of the others have one though, maybe Guy?

And DeeJay is the only charge character.
    Yreval wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm reasonably certain I've seen him do one.

Wow, no wasting time with you guys. Much thanks.

Guy doesn't have an airthrow.

He has a command flip move and the throw follow-up to that can be done in the air.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Guy doesn't have an airthrow.

He has a command flip move and the throw follow-up to that can be done in the air.

Well that's me decided then. I'll be adding Ibuki to my line up of Chun-li and... that's about it. I hear Guile got buffed... Charge + Airthrow means he's worth looking at I suppose.

Ok, goal for the summer is to become decent (by my own standards ;)) with
    Chun
    Guile
    Cammy
    Ibuki

Advertisement