Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I think Hakan has an air throw too. I'm sure I saw a video with him using one.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Orim wrote: »
    Guy doesn't have an airthrow.

He has a command flip move and the throw follow-up to that can be done in the air.

Sorry man I might have misread you and are about to repeat what you said in a different way but if you just do a regular jump in the air, Guy can also do an izuna drop if you do a hadouken input while in the air. Apparently it beats out guiles air throw but have yet to check.

P.S command flip also leads into a throw but I mean just doing a standard jump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry man I might have misread you and are about to repeat what you said in a different way but if you just do a regular jump in the air, Guy can also do an izuna drop if you do a hadouken input while in the air. Apparently it beats out guiles air throw but have yet to check.

Ah cool, I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Well that's me decided then. I'll be adding Ibuki to my line up of Chun-li and... that's about it. I hear Guile got buffed... Charge + Airthrow means he's worth looking at I suppose.

Ok, goal for the summer is to become decent (by my own standards ;)) with
    Chun
    Guile
    Cammy
    Ibuki

If your not a fan of qcf characters you'll hate ibuki however you'll be glad to know that charge motions feel much nicer in super , you'll notice it right away,especially with guile.

Yeah I was so glad they kept ibuki's air throw in, was worried they'd remove that like they did a few things from 3s. Its far more deadly in this then it was in 3s also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sisko wrote: »
    Yeah I was so glad they kept ibuki's air throw in, was worried they'd remove that like they did a few things from 3s. Its far more deadly in this then it was in 3s also.

Ibuki hasn't got an air throw in 3s (and afaik nothing has been removed from her arsenal?)

Also burning eclipse Fuerte has an air throw too, if you want to add him to your list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

If your not a fan of qcf characters you'll hate ibuki however you'll be glad to know that charge motions feel much nicer in super , you'll notice it right away,especially with guile.

I don't mind the qcf characters. Cammy is easily my 2nd best character and she's qcf. I got a Hori EX2 stick as a present, just find my execution is more consistent with charge characters using it. Still, no point eliminating most of the cast because I'm not up to scratch on the stick yet :o

Edit:
    Ramza wrote: »
    Also burning eclipse Fuerte has an air throw too, if you want to add him to your list

Ya, but he seems like a lot of effort to get to grips with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The battlefield super tournament vids are going up. Check out this match, its a good one

http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom#p/u/0/-8Z33YDw0Go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Really? Beyond just the shortening of boom charge?

If so, effin great cause Guile felt like he was past retirement age in SF4.

Ramza wrote: »
    Ibuki hasn't got an air throw in 3s (and afaik nothing has been removed from her arsenal?)

Ramza, I'm surprised, tsk tsk tsk. Well I guess that shows how little use ibuki's air throw is in 3s, one of our biggest 3s fans on here doesnt even know she had one. :pac::p

You might have seen it and not realised it was an air throw, she catches you and kicks you in the air twice, they kept the same animation for SSF4.

I've a few hours of Supers Ibuki under my belt, unfortunatly, although understandbly they did remove her low round house into standing round house combo. It still works as part of a target combo though. They've also made a lot of her typical moves pretty useless, as they'd have been way overpowered in supers engine.

If your anyway used to 3s ibuki your gonna be automaticlly trying 3s **** which gets you raped pretty fast so you have to kinda step back and put 3s out of your mind when playing her.

Her neck breaker is still up to 3s standards though, people were not pleased with that move when playing me :p

I look forward to learning her so much. When I played super all I played was her and a little ryu, I had one quick shot of juri and I just thought 'yep, deffo staying with ibuki'.
    I don't mind the qcf characters. Cammy is easily my 2nd best character and she's qcf. I got a Hori EX2 stick as a present, just find my execution is more consistent with charge characters using it.

Know the feeling man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bonus tip: don't EVER use Ibuki's overhead in Super.
    I'm pretty sure Cody can Ultra1 on reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ramza, I'm surprised, tsk tsk tsk. Well I guess that shows how little use ibuki's air throw is in 3s, one of our biggest 3s fans on here doesnt even know she had one. :pac::p

Wow, I had no idea she had one at all! Apologies

I must have never seen it

Well have a look at it in 3s next time your playing it, its fast and she kicks you so it not exactly like cammys or anything.

Considering how long you've played 3s your bound to have seen it just probably didn't think it was an air throw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey guys, can't seem to find out what I want to know through searching. Just wondering which of the new characters are charge (aside from Dee Jay), and more importantly for me, which of the new cast have air throws??

I've found out recently that I can't play characters who don't have one... Not that I can particularly play the ones that do :(

You should come to casuals some time and we can have a loooong chat about how to annoy people with air throws...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

He's Limerick side, hands off :D

I am indeed 'Limerick side', thanks Onion... 4am, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I am indeed 'Limerick side', thanks Onion... 4am, wtf?
    Dark Onion always prowls the forum in case someone tries to steal his players away from him.
    He gets lonely.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    He's Limerick side, hands off :D

Pfft. Be honest. You just don't want another Guile spoiling your plans. ;)

PS I got jab hands working last night :)

Proof, about 9 seconds in! Interesting to see that Ibuki's 2nd ultra can punish sonic boom. Imagine what it will do to shotos... Wonder what the range is like on it?

Think I'm set on the 4 above now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I noticed alot of people have this already. Is there anywhere in the high street that's selling it before Friday?

Pfft. Be honest. You just don't want another Guile spoiling your plans. ;)

PS I got jab hands working last night :)
    Jab hands is so last year, it's all about mk. hands these days :D
    Sairus wrote: »
    Dark Onion always prowls the forum in case someone tries to steal his players away from him.
    He gets lonely.

• Advertisement

Jab hands is so last year, it's all about mk. hands these days :D

Yeah I got that working too. Spent last night working on my execution (something I have been needign to do for a long time). The Trials in Super look comparatively quite easy actually.

Xluna wrote: »
    I noticed alot of people have this already. Is there anywhere in the high street that's selling it before Friday?

Dunno but I just got my packing list thingy from Gamesnash...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yep me too and hopefully the packages accidently get sent to the post office today! Now lets see if the 8.50 next day guaranteed delivery is worth the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Yeah I'll be picking up two copies from work tomorrow! So are we all getting it wednesday? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I'll be using Gamesnash for the next big release based on this evidence.

Was that in an email? I didn't get one :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Xluna wrote: »

It came out in the USA today so chances are anyone you see in your friends list playing it etc are US based.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep me too and hopefully the packages accidently get sent to the post office today! Now lets see if the 8.50 next day guaranteed delivery is worth the money!

Well express post orders are processed first so it's a like a VIP pass at Alton towers -straight to the top of the queue so hopefully it is worth it. :D
    Was that in an email? I didn't get one :(

I'd say it's the express post option that the lads have picked. Hang tight ! :)

Indeed, I went express.

The DooM will not be beaten by something so petty as time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

omgz dispactedz alsos

hurrays ! :)

Advertisement