Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

That Capcom seems like a pretty cool guy. He's sells awesome new versions of games that true fans want and are excitied about and doesn't afraid of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We cannot allow the rebalancing of Street Fighter to be done on DLC. If that was the case then some people wouldn't get the DLC and keep their stoopid overpowered characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

All I want from SSF4 is chun's kikosho as her 2nd ultra,a spinning bird kick that has a use(not ex) and a little better health..that is all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good lols all around here guys,
    im supa excited for new version, ultra excited even.
    I hope chuners get a better anti air and no whiff of ultras

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I hope Chun's legs get broken and she has to fight in a wheelchair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Star Bingo wrote: »
    damn man what, you have me read that? i don't need this fella's crap it is a really dumb fanboy article man... damn. now i want even MORE discounts for this t-hawk enchanced turd making my original SFIV online almost redundant when the competition migrates, nice one. oh drOOL all the same SUPER rubbish that made the original SFII base lose interest.
    STFU indeed

lol
    are you not bothered about the predictibility of the sequels that are already ensuing - SFII ones all over again
    Not at all I'm excited, it means a better game. I just have to look at 3rd strike compared to the other versions of street fighter 3.
    ****ing well tell me then prIck

out?! ****ing sheephead ****face cockthrilla

Kiki in the cage

lol what the hell? never seen such a random over the top reaction, and this guys been on here since November 2008? He must be someones mate taking the piss, no one can be that stupid. :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Cunny there is no need to comment on Star Bingo's post. The user has already been banned, so move along people nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OOOOOOOH YEAHHHHH
    • They are not letting ppl matchplay. Me and marn demoed. But juri could do jump strong and jump strong into ultra
    • Deejay could do cr jab x 2 into cr strong into ex sonicboom move[sic] with kick and have enough time to do ultra
    • Juri is a motionj char. Qcb+p is a counter qcb+k is a cool kick move. Qcf+k is the kick move that goes circular and air qcb+k is the dive ki
    • In the corner u can do cr fwd into rh qcf+k into ultra. Or u can do ex divekick into ultra.
    Juri & Dee-Jay will be my new mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Unless they go some way towards fixing the mechanics of this game, in particular the ultra system...Then I'm not all that pushed about this upgrade.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I assume you dislike getting an ultra for taking taking, if so I don't think you will get your wish, they are not going to change the ultra's at this stage.

I know a lot of people are against the idea of getting a ultra for loosing life but if they switched to getting ultra meter for doing damage to your opponent it would swing the odds to far in favor of the person winning. Yes an ultra is a comeback mechanic but at least everyone gets access to it each round so both players have it and neither is disadvantage.

The other option is get rid of ultra's which they won't do, in fact we are getting more of them. Hopefully they will balance out the fact that currently some ultra's are much more useful than others.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

DJ looks very solid...an ex special that crumples and can link into his ultra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im definitely going to learn deejay, he looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't wait to try out Juri, she looks awesome. Fast and annoying, all the qualities I like in a character!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Juri looks like she'll be very good.

Her forward dash was insanely fast and that dash counter move has a lot of potential.

Some wall bouncing moves too, so Ryu's side kick might make a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

This bitch is my main, lol! Loving both their ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I love the way Dee Jay is still smiling manically just before he gets face planted into the ground at the end of Juri's Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

DeeJay looks cool, Juri looks gay as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Too early to call mains. AROUND 8 CHARACTERS.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    DeeJay looks cool, Juri looks gay as hell.
    I'm sure you'll change your tune once you land an Ultra on her! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Did nobody post this? It's the follow up to the previous vid posted. Funny moment at 3:20!

thawk ultra does ridiculous damage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Placebo wrote: »
    thawk ultra does ridiculous damage?

That, or Juri got the short end of the stick when it comes to health. Given the fact that she looks like a top tier character on paper, maybe thats the case.

Also, I think Hawks Super looks way better than his Ultra.

i hope they balance out ryu/sagat
    and let chunli not wiff ultras if not at the end of the screen

also gief grab hit box window, way too large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

SPD hitbox is fine, that is ridiculous. The only nerfs Gief needs are reducing the size of lariat's hitbox on the ends of his fists, and maybe adding a couple frames recovery to whiffed SPD animation imo.

you're a cheater :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

EDIT : Source - http://www.eventhubs.com/

Details/Rumours :

• He confirmed characters will have two Ultra moves.

• Some of the new commands to execute an Ultra are very unique.

• There were 8 selectable character spots on the select screen with only Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay selectable.

• The character select screen is completely different than it was in Street Fighter 4.

• Yoshinori Ono is still pushing hard to get an arcade version made.

• He was asked if the big announcement next week will relate to characters or new online modes, Ono said it was the latter.

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is now a mash punch command. It's no longer done by charging down and then pressing up + punch.

• T. Hawk's Condor Spire (horizontal Hawk Dive) is a reverse Dragon Punch command.

• You can follow an EX-Tomahawk Buster with an EX-Condor Dive. This takes two EX meters.

• Yoshinori feels that a Darkstalkers revival is possible.

• Throws are too easy to land in Capcom's eyes and they plan to tweak some things to fix this. Ono wants jumps to have fewer startup frames.

• Capcom wants to give the rest of the cast more tools for countering Dragon Punch/Tiger Uppercut attacks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm... I've no problems with throws in SF4? Also they should just nerf dragon punch moves a little by added a few more frames of recovery on fireballs.

Darkstalkers revival = Win but for me it would have to be 2D or very heavily stylised 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm... I've no problems with throws in SF4?

I do - they're too hard to land and don't do enough damage.

That's a good part of the reason the game rewards defensive play so much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yreval wrote: »
    I do - they're too hard to land and don't do enough damage.

That's a good part of the reason the game rewards defensive play so much.

I think they're good in 4, in HDR they're sooooo powerful.

Advertisement