Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Placebo wrote: »
    omgz dispactedz alsos

hurrays ! :)

There's a phrase I'm trying to remember to express my excitement.

Oh yes.

Fap fap fap fap fap fap

Pat, with uber express post, will we get this tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

*regrets not choosing express*

:pac:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There's a phrase I'm trying to remember to express my excitement.

Oh yes.

Fap fap fap fap fap fap

Pat, with uber express post, will we get this tomorrow?

It all depends on An Post to be honest and when the package was processed. If it missed the express post cut off it might run with tomorrows post. All I can say is see how it goes !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colparenthesis

Tried seeing if anywhere downtown in Belfast would sell it today, the two GAME stores wouldn't budge, HMV wouldn't either but they did have it available to play on the second floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

My order is now in the packing stage.

Woo!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Speed Boat wrote: »
    My order is now in the packing stage.

Woo!

Expect a dispatch notice in the morning ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy SSF4 in a brick and mortar store?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Probably HMV. They've been the cheapest bricks and mortar for a while and their trade ins seem quite good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Smyths are usually the cheapest for games I've always found. Maybe thats just pc though, I don't buy many console games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

HMV are fast becoming the cheapest for new releases. Game are giving the first costume set as a preorder bonus and Gamestop are giving a T-Shirt as a preorder bonus.( It's the top of a Gi with the street fighter IV logo on it.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Anyone know what price this is going to be retailing at in gamestop, xtra-vision etc?

SIBERIA wrote: »
    Anyone know what price this is going to be retailing at in gamestop, xtra-vision etc?

Not sure but between 30 and 40 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Orim wrote: »
    Not sure but between 30 and 40 quid.

So €23 online with free delivery would be a better choice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

depends purely on how desperate you are for the game

SIBERIA wrote: »
    So €23 online with free delivery would be a better choice?!

Yup unless you have some games to trade in. But you have to take into account that you might not get the game for weeks depending on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Played a bit of Super there last night. Although certainly not my favourite fighter by any stretch, Makoto at least felt like she should be fun once I can sit down with her and work out the timing for basic stuff like karakusa into slap.

I'm sure that EX karakusa is meant to have super armour though, but I'm pretty sure I got hit out of it a few times. I think maybe I was doing it too early when trying to grab them on wakeup.

Timing everything like the PS2 version of 3S just won't work any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Tried seeing if anywhere downtown in Belfast would sell it today, the two GAME stores wouldn't budge, HMV wouldn't either but they did have it available to play on the second floor.

Extravision sold Final Fantasy XIII a day earlier than the official release date. I'm hoping they'll sell it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My xbox copy arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

FCKKKKKKKKK YOU JIM

for sending me super street fighter 4 game request last night when me and ry were playin plain street fighter 4

the look on ry's face
    priceless

edit: mine just arrived, gonna go home at lunch to send some invites [lol]

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Damn ye all! Still waiting on me boss to ring me to let me know the delivery is in. The wait is killing me. Also, now that its out in america, I'm guessing its safe to go online today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Damn ye all! Still waiting on me boss to ring me to let me know the delivery is in. The wait is killing me. Also, now that its out in america, I'm guessing its safe to go online today?
    Its been safe to go online for awhile. Tons of Americans and Europeans have had promo copies for weeks and have been playing online. Its just not safe if you're playing on a hack xbox etc.

Ah thanks mate though that makes the wait feel longer. Delivery usual shows up for 12ish so I'm constantly checking me fone for missed calls etc :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

is there any shops selling this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mine arrived in the post today. Lovely stuff. Just about to turn it on.

Cheers pat and gamesnash. 2 days early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Lucky you. Amazon.co.uk is shipping mine tomorrow so I will probably have it by Tues or Wed next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Lucky you. Amazon.co.uk is shipping mine tomorrow so I will probably have it by Tues or Wed next week.

Why didnt you get it from gamesnash?

My copy shipped this morning so hopefully ill have it tomorrow. Literally everyone on my friendlist is playing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thank you gamesnash for getting the game to me 2days early.

Very nice update. Working with juri at the moment. Guile is a beast in the tight hands. All my timing is off as it's a little faster so back to the training room.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dhalsims new ultra is very nice. You can keep people honest more....they cant just block teleport shenanigans anymore. If they do, bam. Noogie to the FACE! :D

Damn ye all! It never showed up at work... The world truly hates me! Hoping it shows up tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got mine today too. Tis so pretty!

Done Adon, Cody and Ibuki's trials. Gotta say they feel nice.

Advertisement