Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I'm liking Guy in this. Which is surprising cos I never even thought about playing as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my xbox red ringed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You know what to do.

Seriously though hard luck man, that's a kick in the balls for sure. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Really enjoying playing with Cody. And Dans new Ultra is savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

All this is meanginless when compared to the Mighty Pink costumed T.Hawk!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    my xbox red ringed :(

That's really crap man. :(

Ibuki's pretty cool. I wasn't expecting to like her at all but I do.

Ibuki does seem cool, very execution heavy. I'd want to be practicing with her for a long while before I actually used her though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i've been playin with deejay alot, really love his 2nd ultra, pitty about that god damn command but very similar to chun, fun to play with

dudley seems like hes gonna destroy his way to the top

Ibuki does seem cool, very execution heavy. I'd want to be practicing with her for a long while before I actually used her though!

I was able to zone the hell out of a few people wil the jumpy- kunai move, the jumpy kick throwy move, air throw, the slidey throw move, and a cr mp xx Blue explodey ball or lk mk hk target combo in close. (Spot the guy who never played 3s :D ) Her cr mk looks wicked fast too. Haven't figured a single ultra set up though yet, or other b n b stuff.

Light slidey move is great for mind games too, scored a few throws off of it.

Her ultra setup is the SJC target combo. Either lk>mk or lp>mp>hp.

That's why I'd want to practice before I properly use her.

• Advertisement

My plan for the weekend (SSF4 wise) is to try out Dudley and Hakan, and give their trials a go. Also I'm going to get more practice with Cody as I think he has huge potential.

But what I look forward to is to go back to my first main in SF4...Guile. I practiced alot with him and got the rapid fire sonic boom trick working well (instead of B, F +P, its B, F, B +P which starts charging the next one quicker). And he finally has a great ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FutureGuy wrote:
    I practiced alot with him and got the rapid fire sonic boom trick working well (instead of B, F +P, its B, F, B +P which starts charging the next one quicker).
    Pro-tip: It doesn't actually. Pre-charging doesn't work like that.
    IIRC the better way to pre-charge is to charge while the game is in hit/block-stun, or during another move's recovery frames.

I'm just talking from a game engine aspect, of course. It's not a totally bad habit; we all do it now!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    IIRC the better way to pre-charge is to charge while the game is in hit/block-stun, or during another move's recovery frames.

I'm just talking from a game engine aspect, of course. It's not a totally bad habit; we all do it now!

You mean the mans on you tube lied? :(

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Uh... you sure?

No offence but Gilley says it works, and I tend to believe him.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

KiKo is confused. He is refering to charge buffering.

Pre-charging is what future guy described.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Whee, playing it all morning now. Passed Arcade as Balrog and Dan, did most of their trials, then played a few matches online. Currently doing some of Fei Long and Adon's trials. Probably going to train a bit on Adon, Cody, Dudley and Hakan over the weekend, see which of them will stick.

God, they had to put that romantic shot of Ken and Ryu on the menu screen. And Balrog's ending explains nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

It would have been nice if they retained the option to view the endings as in the previous installment. I don't feel much initiative to grind against Seth with every character to see the endings without it.
    It's a great game overall though. The new online lobby system makes it way more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Xluna wrote: »
    It would have been nice if they retained the option to view the endings as in the previous installment. I don't feel much initiative to grind against Seth with every character to see the endings without it.
    It's a great game overall though. The new online lobby system makes it way more enjoyable.

You had to beat Seth with everyone before you could see their endings in Vanilla.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No the endings where stored to watch, you could a characters ending once you beat the game with him. Just use youtube the ending are all up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Have it :D first to pm me get a costume pack dlc for free. 360 users only

anyone else? have 2 codes left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

PM sent. Bless your cotton socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Some of the custom titles are amusing. "I sleep in a gi".:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    anyone else? have 2 codes left

GONE :cool:

Think I got my router prob sorted. If you see me on live tonight can you invite me to a game please.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Waiting months for this and i put it in the xbox and plug in my fightstick and then nothing the the xbox frezzes I HATE MICROSOFT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Well as I annoying said to the large amount of 360 users who's 360's have died of late :
    Sisko wrote: »

:p

Ibuki's pretty cool. I wasn't expecting to like her at all but I do.

Wow I'd have never pictured you playing ibuki at all.

Yeah I'm having great fun with her , I was raping a lot of people till it became apparent she is fucked on wake up.

Literally knock ibuki down and walk up and do your free combo. My ex dragon kicks been stuffed by everything.

There's loads I have to learn with her , but it'll be awhile before I can really get stuck in and learn her properly with my final year project due in 11 days.

I'm getting in with her target combos and basic mix ups but I dunno any vortex stuff yet or what to really follow up with after a target combo launcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive been using cody mostly since I got the game. He seems pretty good but its a nightmare if you get kocked down, he will have some bad macthups.
    His st.mp is a gaw like anti air. It beats out everything bison has in the air, even ex head stomp. Its crazy good. His slide seems to beat everything bison has on the ground too, looks like a good matchup for cody.
    I still havent figured out how to use the zonk, knife and the bad spray properly. Hes got a lot going on.

I came across an ibuki who launched me into the air and took 3/4 of my health, no idea what was going on.
    Does anyone know much about abels new ultra. Can he be hit out of it? Someone did one in front of as I neutral jumped and I was expecting to land and combo him but he was able to grab me. I dont know what to do when I see him sitting there after he starts the ultra.

If Abel is holding the ultra either jump over him or bust out an Armor break move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If Abel is holding the ultra either jump over him or bust out an Armor break move.

Then he can cancel and punish your armour breaker on reaction, as far as I can tell the ultra is completely safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anyone got any mad pro DeeJay tips?

I was using him today in the tourney for the first time, but I didn't really know what I was doing.

Didn't see much of a situational difference between his Ultras, other than I always missed with the 2nd one =/

Advertisement