Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    It is a minor complaint but it does kind of suck not having it. They definitely will have a SF4 3rd strike or whatever next year.

They have said there won't be a third iteration of SF4. So unless they change their minds, the next game will probably have a mostly new cast with either a new game engine or a vastly tweaked current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Kirby wrote: »
    They have said there won't be a third iteration of SF4. So unless they change their minds, the next game will probably have a mostly new cast with either a new game engine or a vastly tweaked current one.

Yeah there wasn't meant to be a MVC3 :pac:

Or TvC...
    Or CVS3...
    Or new Vampire game...

SSF4T is on the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good point. But I think they won't do that again. Franchise fatigue. There was about a dozen different version of SF2 and it helped kill SF3.

I would wager it would be a brand new game for maximum sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

DLC dudes. Expect Rolento and Charlie and the ability to use both Ultras........in about a year, admittedly!

Ken B wrote: »
    the ability to use both Ultras........in about a year, admittedly!

Having both Ultra at once is a silly idea imo, I know for some characters it's a total no brainer but picking your ultra is meant to be strategic and matchup specific, which is why I believe you may only choose one for your match as it adds more to the thought process and the flow of the match too

New characters, Capcom know who they need to add* :pac:

URIEN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Having both Ultra at once is a silly idea imo, I know for some characters it's a total no brainer but picking your ultra is meant to be strategic and matchup specific, which is why I believe you may only choose one for your match as it adds more to the thought process and the flow of the match too

New characters, Capcom know who they need to add* :pac:

URIEN!!!

In all seriousness... would you really like your fave 3S character to suffer the emasculation he'd have to in order to fit in in the SF4 engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

emasculate urien lol :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    emasculate urien lol :D

The Doom is nothing if not a word smith :D

In all seriousness... would you really like your fave 3S character to suffer the emasculation he'd have to in order to fit in in the SF4 engine?

DooM that's actually a great point and I never considered it, I have heard people tell me Urien wouldn't work in the SF4 engine, but how great it would be to have him back, it would be sick

Charlie is very welcome too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thelinked

/Rage
    pIQXL.jpg

• Advertisement

My God, what were they smoking when they did this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

As a man who has very little real 3S experience that screen goes over my head. How different is her new hit boxes compared to her old ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sairus wrote: »
    As a man who has very little real 3S experience that screen goes over my head. How different is her new hit boxes compared to her old ones?

The grab hitbox doesn't even reach past her elbows, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

it was like this in 3s

I'm pretty sure the range was further in 3s (without kara), could be wrong though. Also that pic is of HK karakusa right? Cause that's the one with the most range

range was great yeah, but start up and hit box's were so unfair that sometime a down poke woudnt even be fast enough, which is why mokotos online were a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The grab hitbox doesn't even reach past her elbows, lol
    Oh, ha. Completely didn't notice that XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Where'd this come from man? Wouldnt mind seeing more hitbox data like that.

Sisko wrote: »
    Where'd this come from man? Wouldnt mind seeing more hitbox data like that.

A collection of videos, currently floating around torrent sites. Don't think it's possible to link here.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the range was further in 3s (without kara), could be wrong though. Also that pic is of HK karakusa right? Cause that's the one with the most range

Yeah lol, in 3s it was larger hitbox, like why the hell in super did they not make the hitbox on her hands (like in 3s), her hand is supposed to grab :pac:

No it's EX dreddy afaik, she is all yellow and stuff in the pic

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right, missed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Have they made vegas flip thing better in this game? The amount of vegas im coming across spamming that move is wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Super street fighter 4 has killed my Xbox!!!.

Got the ****ing red rings 2day after a marathon 8 hour session.

Damn u to hell Microsoft.

BanjoB wrote: »
    Super street fighter 4 has killed my Xbox!!!.

Got the ****ing red rings 2day after a marathon 8 hour session.

Damn u to hell Microsoft.

same here !

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

http://www.youtube.com/user/binaryhero10#g/u - loads of the hit boxes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Bush80 wrote: »
    Have they made vegas flip thing better in this game? The amount of vegas im coming across spamming that move is wrecking my head.
    It seems to be marginally different with minor changes in properties, i'm still getting owned left, right and centre after using it....

Wtf is with the giant yellow hitbox that going nearly half of the screen during moves?

Is that something to do with allowing ultras to connect to them during moves or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

Sisko wrote: »
    Wtf is with the giant yellow hitbox that going nearly half of the screen during moves?

Is that something to do with allowing ultras to connect to them during moves or something?

It's the range at which the move will make you block if you are holding back instead of walking backwards. At least that's what I read on SRK.

Nice, that has to be it cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Abels new ultra really is ridiculous

Advertisement