Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush80 wrote: »
    Why do people use the 12th colour? Its horrible.

11 is quite nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

if you use a pad its called the back button

its awful altogether...

@bush did you see blanka in dans gi?? f*ckin awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sagat06 wrote: »
    if you use a pad its called the back button

I know, I said
    Me wrote:
    it was annoying how I'd have to hit the "back" button

This has been a weird-assed tangent.

This has been a weird-assed tangent.

OK I've re read :o

and i feel there is only one way settle this.... FIGHT :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

If anything 12 puts me off and distracts me when playing, but that's probably why they do it.
    The Challenge mode is kind of annoying me. STUFF ABOUT JAPANESE MOVE NAMES

Piss-take post regarding this shamelessly stolen from another forum:
    I completely agree; excellent information here. For Ibuki, I find that after a Target Combo 6 super-jump cancelled into a roundhouse Kazumi Gake, you're in a good position to use either Yami Kazura or Hammer Kick and then combo into Tsumuji (and you can tack on a Raida if you're in the corner). Then of course we can Hien and follow-up with Kasumi Suzaku although this trick won't work often. A good long range attack is EX Tsuijigoe and then you can even use Kasumi Suzaku if you connect with a non-EX Tsuijigoe. Sazan into Bonsho Kick follows up with an Uki Yami to create space is great for getting to work on her Kunai game. Always be ready to Tobizaru if you're meeting them in the air or just use Agemen if you'd prefer to stay grounded. Backhand Punch, Spin Kick and Reverse Spin Kick close the cap well from just outside her target combo range. Once you're in close you can easily land a SJC Hashinsho off of a prematurely ended Target Combo 9 or you can Kubi Ori to get into position for an EX Kazegiri xx Kunai, empty dash Yoroitoshi, which always catches people off guard. Very similar to what you posted about Gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sagat06 wrote: »
    its awful altogether...

@bush did you see blanka in dans gi?? f*ckin awesome

Ye its gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Whoh, sudden onset of narcolepsy. That brings me back to my days in networking lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If anything 12 puts me off and distracts me when playing, but that's probably why they do it.

gotta love SA

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Whoh, sudden onset of narcolepsy. That brings me back to my days in networking lectures.

Ah i thought it was just my lecturer. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

My brother always picks the 12th colour, purely to annoy his opponent.....which is fairly funny. I always choose pink in games for the exact same reason...

Ps:He chooses Ryu, whose 12th colour looks particularly disgusting...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Finally got my tenpeat trophy.
    My main is Sagat but i think people havee him worked out, especially blankas and vegas.

So I decided to give M.Bison a whirl. Got my ten in a row fairly easily. He's much lighter than Sagat who controls very sluggish.

Might keep up M.Bison for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Still haven't gotten the Endless 10 achievement, nobody joins my rooms and hosts always leave when I start getting some wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Took me ages to get the acheivment as well, because of those exact reasons. As soon as i was near 10 wins i was booted. Even got kicked at 9 Wins..Infuriating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Took me ages to get the acheivment as well, because of those exact reasons. As soon as i was near 10 wins i was booted. Even got kicked at 9 Wins..Infuriating :mad:

I don't think it matters if you do it in one lobby or several, so long as you get ten wins in a row in Endless Battle Mode.

Can anyone clarify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Feck, If that's the case i should have got it by now or i must just be crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

10 wins in a row achievements are pretty pointless anyway - just encourages beating on people below your level.

NOW TRY THE HARDER DIFFICULTY!!!!

Presented by Capcom

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

10 wins in a row achievements are pretty pointless anyway - just encourages beating on people below your level.

NOW TRY THE HARDER DIFFICULTY!!!!

Presented by Capcom

:D

you just won an internet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

10 wins in a row All achievements are pretty pointless

I actually just don't understand the obsession. Meh whatever floats peoples boats I guess.

Ah don't mind me...

I'm a little bitter at the stats achievements stuff due to it ruining some good pc games back in 2005. Killed the mod scene in the battlefield series. The ignorant masses liked stats over game play , and all mods died pretty fast regardless of how good they were. (could only get stats on official ranked servers which would only run vanilla)

Compared to bf1942 where there was plenty of fantastic active mods. Some better then the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Frame data for all characters was put on Eventhubs, took a quick breeze through Cody's and could already see mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How would you know they're mistakes?
    Examples please (as I'm a Cody main, this is relevant to my needs).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quick question lads, I own sf4 uon the xbox, is there any deal like was mentioned before when you buy super sf4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Trilla wrote: »
    Quick question lads, I own sf4 uon the xbox, is there any deal like was mentioned before when you buy super sf4?

Colours 11 and 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If you have an SF4 save file on your xbox, then you get two extra colours.

One is an ink effect and the other is cross hatching. Neither look that good tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

When you first boot up Super it checks if you have a SF4 save file. If you do, you unlock 2 new 'colours' for every character. These colours give your character an inkier outline or make them look pencil sketched.
    You dont need to still own the disk or anything.

EDIT: Jaysus, got some quick answers to that quick question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Orim wrote: »
    If you have an SF4 save file on your xbox, then you get two extra colours.

One is an ink effect and the other is cross hatching. Neither look that good tbh.

11 is OK. 12 is frickin' hideous, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yreval wrote: »
    11 is OK. 12 is frickin' hideous, though.

I quite like 11, but would have preferred the option to apply it to one of the 10 colours, not just costume 1.

12... Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Colours!! ffs...what a joke imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Colours!! ffs...what a joke imo

Fashionable AND deadly. Gok Wan would approve!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

When pickin your colour and costume it should show a little pic of the character in the costume with the colour.

With regards to costumes too it is bullsh1t that you have to pay for the content that is on the disc.

Advertisement