Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OTOH, the game itself is cheap.
    I know it sets horrible precedents, but you don't NEED extra costumes.
    Except for maybe the ladies'. ALL of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Extorting gamers by withholding content and charging for it is the norm now and it'll never go away as long as people keep buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Even though some of the alternate costumes look better and more varied this time round, I'm still not gonna buy them. Cody's original costume is too good, and its not like I'm gonna buy costumes for characters I never use. Only pack I have is the Brawler pack that came with SFIV's collectors edition, which except for the figures of Viper and Ryu, I kinda regret buying. Of that Brawler pack, Rufus is the only one I still go near outside of Challenge Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I bought the Femme Fatal pack last time round, but only after about 8 monthes of playing. I use the Rose and Cammy ones near constantly so I guess I got my monies worth, but it still annoys me that I caved and bought them in the first place.
    Honestly though, I can see myself buying it this time too. It's just annoying that Makoto and Ibuki aren't in the Femme pack =(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I bought the all in pack last time. Though I had loads of free MS points so I didn't mind. Dunno about buying any this time. Abel's 3rd is pretty cool though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Didn't buy any of the packs last time round as I thought they were a waste, but by Jesus I'll be purchasing this time round...my main reason; Ken in cowboy outfit, Yeeehaaaw how can I resist.Worth every penny

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Didn't buy any of the packs last time round as I thought they were a waste, but by Jesus I'll be purchasing this time round...my main reason; Ken in cowboy outfit, Yeeehaaaw how can I resist.Worth every penny

I think I'm going to have to too.

Guile's got a gun.

A $%^&ING GUN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Its cause you know how head wrecking it'll be to those people who lose to your brokeback ken , taunting and all, isnt it?

You're evil.

I like it , muahahaha.

@Doom yeah guiles alt is sweet.

Are all the alts released? Only alt I got was femme one last year. I just wanna get all alts this time, including the sf4 ones.

Will it be cheaper for me to buy them all separately? Or in one pack even though it'd mean I'd be getting 2 packs twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sisko wrote: »
    Its cause you know how head wrecking it'll be to those people who lose to your brokeback ken , taunting and all, isnt it?

You're evil.

I like it , muahahaha.

@Doom yeah guiles alt is sweet.

Are all the alts released? Only alt I got was femme one last year. I just wanna get all alts this time, including the sf4 ones.

Will it be cheaper for me to buy them all separately? Or in one pack even though it'd mean I'd be getting 2 packs twice?
    Just "New Challengers" (Dudley, Makoto, Dee Jay, Guy, Hakan) and "Shoto Pack" (Ryu, Ken, Dan, Akuma, Goken).

Sisko wrote: »

Exactly.. the humiliation of being battered about and taunted by a gay cowboy ken will push folk over the edge. I cant wait for the rage Quits and messages of fury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Exactly.. the humiliation of being battered about and taunted by a gay cowboy ken will push folk over the edge. I cant wait for the rage Quits and messages of fury

I shudder to think, just seeing his mug on the versus screen raises my blood pressure.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Played last night wrecked out of my head.

Just assessed the damage - went from 80% win rate with Bison to less than 60%, and from 1700PP to 900.

:(

jayteecork wrote: »
    Played last night wrecked out of my head.

Just assessed the damage - went from 80% win rate with Bison to less than 60%, and from 1700PP to 900.

:(

That happens to me every time ayjay plays on our account. :)

This happened to me last wknd as well. Came back from boozer blind drunk and lost about 1000 pp.then proceeded to pull and all nighter, (sobering up in the process) to reclaim my drunken losses.
    Booze and SF don't mix kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Booze and SF don't mix kids

Could not agree less :D

you guys need to get to more tournaments, suddenly online ranking doesn't matter any more :)

no 7 SF4 seed for lyfe bay-bee!

got my This is Madness trophy.

Taking a break for a few days too, getting my ass absolutey handed to me lately.

pamming those fkn rolling unblockable throws.Might roll a really cheap charcater like Guy or Ibuki, spam those fkn rolling unblockable throws.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

jayteecork wrote:
    pamming those fkn rolling unblockable throws.Might roll a really cheap charcater like Guy or Ibuki, spam those fkn rolling unblockable throws.

Throws have always be unblockable. What do you mean by rolling unblockable throws?

Nothing cheap about throws in a fighting game. Learn to tech normal throws and zone out characters with command throws.

He might be on about 360 command throws (e.g. Zangief's SPD)
    You can neutral-jump them for a free punish on the way down, if you know they're coming.

Guy and Ibuki have air-throws though, right?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's also Ibuki's one where she rolls along the floor and throws you? It's unblockable and a pain in the arse :P

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    There's also Ibuki's one where she rolls along the floor and throws you? It's unblockable and a pain in the arse :P

That's the one, yeah.
    Just a fkn nightmare, plus it can be EXed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What's the story with that move anyway, can you hit her out of it, or does it have a lot of recovery on whiff or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

For that Ibuki move, you can block it low and punish.

Yeah I was doing ibuki's trials there and noticed that Dan the Man could block it sometimes.

I swear to Christ anytime I fought Ibuki they used just spam that move and I didn'r realise you could block.

Could you low-parry that in 3S, or was that Sean's tackle move?

It's armor-breaking now. Might be a good counter to U2 happy Abel players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

not parryable

Azza wrote: »

Nothing cheap about throws in a fighting game. Learn to tech normal throws and zone out characters with command throws.

Oh man.

I'm so going to wreck your head by quoting this the next time you moan about a certain type of throw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Cobelcog wrote: »

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhut UPPPpppppp

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Oh man.

I'm so going to wreck your head by quoting this the next time you moan about a certain type of throw

Yeah Guiles air throw is insanely good, range on it is absolutely obscene. As good as it is and as irratating as it is to be caught by it quite frequently, I'm actually grateful you over rely on it instead of using proper Guile tactics. Makes a 3:7 match up for Bison feel like an 8:2 :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cobelcog wrote: »

Can she whiff it just in front of you and still throw cos i swear ive been thrown even though I was blocking.

Advertisement