Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah Guiles air throw is insanely good, range on it is absolutely obscene. As good as it is and as irratating as it is to be caught by it quite frequently, I'm actually grateful you over rely on it instead of using proper Guile tactics. Makes a 3:7 match up for Bison feel like an 8:2 :P

I'm trying to work on that. :) Seem to recall landing a couple nice standing hard punches on you in the last tournament :D

While I have you Mr frame data, is there any reason Ibuki's air throw feels easier to land than Guiles? is it just her faster dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Bush80 wrote: »
    Can she whiff it just in front of you and still throw cos i swear ive been thrown even though I was blocking.

she can throw a short out, similar to short blanka ball into throw, if thats what you mean??

Sagat06 wrote: »
    she can throw a short out, similar to short blanka ball into throw, if thats what you mean??

Yup I often use her command dash too and see people ducking for the neckbreaker THEN throw.

Doom in annoying throw maneuver shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doom in annoying will-get-a-rock-to-the-face moment soon...

I really need to read up on that Cody-Guile matchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

My advice to absolutely everyone on Ibuki's slide is: Choose Ultra 1 and input the usual motion but in the opposite direction, as she slides in, you will launch her into the air and return with the Bloody High Claw Ultra(note: if you have no mask, the damage output increaases by 10%, vis-a-vis, if you have dropped the claw, your damage output will decrease accordingly). End result: Ibuki owned...

Check it out in my Ranked replay, where I kick the No.1 BP/PP Ibuki Zamul's arse!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Could you guys give me an idea of your win rates/player points?

I just want to see where I'm at.

I'm getting murdered lately and have about 60% overall and ~1000PP.
    Most ever was 1800.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Could you guys give me an idea of your win rates/player points?

I just want to see where I'm at.

I'm getting murdered lately and have about 60% overall and ~1000PP.
    Most ever was 1800.

You might find there's a bit of a culture of "online doesn't matter" here. :)

I think my highest pp was about 3,500. I did this purely so I could take a picture of me above Azza in the world wide rankings when the game was only out a day or two. :D

I share my account and the other guy reduced it to 1000 pp. Sometimes I wonder what he does be doing in the fights!

It's currently hovering around 2000 I think.

I have no idea what my win ratio is with Guile. I really wouldn't care if I had a 10% win ratio- as long as I am losing against someone who's making me learn to be better.

I have no idea what my win ratio is with Guile. .

Just go to player data and select guile in character records. it will tell you the exact win rate online.

Went on a nice run there, back up to ~1450PP. 11 game streak with Bison, then lost one of those next hit wins bouts with T.Hawk, was pretty sick. I'd honestly say I lose 80% in that situation as I panic.

I've realised that playing under the influence causes you to lose, and lose badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Stop worrying about points, seriously man.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I have about 200 points, and I can tell you, I know I'm hella better than that. Points mean shoite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sisko wrote: »
    Stop worrying about points, seriously man.

no way man, i wanna be top leader boards.
    its like seeding, BUT UNIVERSAL

take that luffy
    take that daigo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Points is bragging rights for e-fags, let's be honest here

Means nada

jayteecork wrote: »
    Just go to player data and select guile in character records. it will tell you the exact win rate online.

Went on a nice run there, back up to ~1450PP. 11 game streak with Bison, then lost one of those next hit wins bouts with T.Hawk, was pretty sick. I'd honestly say I lose 80% in that situation as I panic.

I've realised that playing under the influence causes you to lose, and lose badly.

87.5%, it turns out, although I must stress 87.5% against random people who are just playing really casual like doesn't mean too much to me.

Coming fourth in the last Inferno tournament? That meant something to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Some random dude that i have never played sent me a message saying "having a bad mate?" I asked him what he was on he about on sends back "just noticed you lost a lot of points today"
    What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Some random dude that i have never played sent me a message saying "having a bad mate?" I asked him what he was on he about on sends back "just noticed you lost a lot of points today"
    What the hell?

Someone's got a crush on you... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Someone's got a crush on you... :p

:pac:

Its very weird.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Online ranking means nothing JTC. Use online as an end to a means...to be better against various characters when playing offline.

I use online just to try different strategies out, whether it be in ranked matches or endless battles, and I have been practicing with DeeJay, Cody, Adon, and Dudley so my win ratio is cack. However, my ability to play these characters is not as a result.

I'll randomly set rules for myself before going online which I try to follow. For example, I played lots of games yesterday with Ryu without jumping once. I have to work on my ground game alot as jumping into certain characters is losing me matches.

Ability over a meaningless number any day.

:pac:

Its very weird.

Oh come on, you love the Bushamaniacs.

:D

What the hell?
    I've had a couple of experiences like that myself recently(I can post the messages if you like). Last night for instance, I was trawling through the internet as I didn't feel up to playing the game and happened upon a Spanish language Street fighter site(I don't have a clue what it said!) and there was a list of around 100-150 players and their mains on it. Yourself (Bush80 as Chun Li), Cobelcog, myself and the Witch were there.
    The list was compiled as recently as March or April this year.....so somebody out there is watching....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Advertisement

Ramza just handed my ass to me with El Feurte.
    Hardly got a shot in, annoying little bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GG man, it was fun!

Ramza wrote: »
    GG man, it was fun!

lol, wasn't a "gg" at all.
    I was clutching at straws.

Cheers for that, I'll pick up a white SSFIV stick next week.

PS: Is that site reliable? My bro is just a bit wary after being stung before......

http://www.streetfighter.cl/forum/showthread.php?p=20457
    I just noticed that Doctor Doom and Chunkis are there too!!

Seem they think you guys are from the UK.

I'd say they got the list from googling tourney results? Mr_Kyle and V deck are there also.

Ken B wrote: »
    I just noticed that Doctor Doom and Chunkis are there too!!

Weird. The only place Doctor DooM and Guile are related are here and youtube, not on PSN or XBL.

We have a leak gentlemen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just found these in the list Ken B posted:

Northern Ireland:

Chuu/Simon Lau/The Truth (BL)
    Cloudpaul (CA)
    Cobelcog (CA)
    Mr_kyle (ZA)
    Newtype (RY)
    Sir AuronDX (DI, EL)
    VDeck (RU)

Republic of Ireland:

A Big Irish Man/Ken B (CL)
    Bush80 (CH)
    Chunkis (RY)
    Doctor DooM (GU)
    The Witch (VI)

They don't have it listed like that though, they have everyone under UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

El fuerte: Hikari Doherty ????

Yeah shopto are bang on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Clearly the rest of us need to get online and pound some Frenchies until we're rewarded with placement on the shadow list :pac:

Advertisement