Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Island 2 - Being Remade On CryEngine 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

That looks flippin brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jesus how dedicated is this guy ?!!!

He must love this more than our new Mod loves V-Chronicles !!! :P ...didnt think it was possible tbh

Hope this guy completes it properly before he gets picked up by some developer. Dudes got some Skiilllzz !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wait...end credits say

"This video was made out of love for the original game and just for fun"

Even the youtube description says "This video is an experiment done for fun"

Doesnt say anythin bout making a full game :(:(
    You got my hopes up..then danced and shat on them :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah it's just a proof of concept, albeit a totally gorgeous proof of concept! I know nothing of the cryengine but I presume it's not easily translatable from a shooter mechanic into a RPG one. Can a modder even access the code?

I must say, it's such a pity that nobody seems to be using the cryEngine in their games because the lighting & environmental effects alone in that engine are wonderful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah it's just a proof of concept, albeit a totally gorgeous proof of concept! I know nothing of the cryengine but I presume it's not easily translatable from a shooter mechanic into a RPG one. Can a modder even access the code?

I must say, it's such a pity that nobody seems to be using the cryEngine in their games because the lighting & environmental effects alone in that engine are wonderful to watch.
    The CryEngine 2 is very under-used, like Crysis itself is only an average at best shooter. It really needs some kind massive scale game, something with large open environments that really show off what it can do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    The CryEngine 2 is very under-used, like Crysis itself is only an average at best shooter. It really needs some kind massive scale game, something with large open environments that really show off what it can do.
    But what I can't understand is why you don't see any 3rd party games built with this engine? Are Crytech just not selling licences/SDKs, or have they priced themselves out of the market? Maybe it's a total pig to programme with (but then there's plenty of Crysis mods out there). I'm genuinely curious because it's such a pretty engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    It really needs some kind massive scale game, something with large open environments that really show off what it can do.
    Aye. I'm also looking forward to it, but to be fair, the modders have been making their mod since before Crysis came out. F**k, they've been making the mod since 2006 with Doom3, but switched to the Crytek2 engine when they saw what it could do. It does look nice, though. No date on release, but it gets better every time I see it.

Advertisement