Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Business Insurance

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im running a small business whose insurance is about to expire early in 2010. At the moment im paying 3000euro a year for fire and public liability insurance. Where can I find a better deal on my insurance? are there any Irish price comparison websites I should be aware of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

There are no business insurance comparison websites, there are too many variables from trade to trade. Can you let me know what sector you are in (retail, service, construction etc) and I'll point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

oldyouth wrote: »
    There are no business insurance comparison websites, there are too many variables from trade to trade. Can you let me know what sector you are in (retail, service, construction etc) and I'll point you in the right direction

Im in the food service industry-know any good deals at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

If you are talking about retail food such as cafe, restaurant, deli, takeaway etc, there are good deals from an underwriting agency called Benchmark but they only deal through brokers. Also, after many years out of the commercial sector, AXA are piloting a scheme with some brokers. FBD only deal directly with the customer and they can provide some very good quotes.

My advice to you is a) try FBD and b) ring three established brokers, tell them about your business and ask them who they deal with. No point in asking 3 brokers who all go to the same company

Advertisement