Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would You Actually Vote for Bertie Ahern if He Ran For President?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

John Hume for president - the REAL hero of the Northern Ireland peace process. I would definitely vote for him over that Bertie scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭rednik

I'd give him my vote but only if it was for the Presidency of Zimbabwe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Reward one of the most corrupt politicians who spent more time collecting brown envelopes full of cash than sitting in the Dail running the country by making them the president of Ireland , I think not - I'd vote NO .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

I wouldn't vote for him for president but I would indicate in all forthcoming polls that I would just on the offchance that he might put himself up for public humiliation and further scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Bit late, but anyway, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I hate the whole Imalovablewheresmecoddle?yalovemeimworkingclass image the cnut has built up.He'll have all the auld ones vote anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

I hate the whole Imalovablewheresmecoddle?yalovemeimworkingclass image the cnut has built up.He'll have all the auld ones vote anyway.

are "auld ones" less entitled to their vote than your wise self? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

aDeener wrote: »
    are "auld ones" less entitled to their vote than your wise self? :rolleyes:
    Did I say that?I was stating my opinion.Sorry for doing that on a forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Did I say that?I was stating my opinion.Sorry for doing that on a forum.

Did i say you said that? I asked you a question. Sorry for doing that on a forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

mickdw wrote: »
    I hear Declan Ganley is considering running for president!

he couldn't even get elected to the European Parliment, i doubt he would even get a nomination tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

Sure Bertie cant be the President!

Thats a girls job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I'd vote for him if he was running against one of the Mulhall "scissor" sisters. Otherwise not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

No, but I'd vote for Joe Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

depends who bertie was running against. I'd probably vote no provided his main opponent wasn't ganley, adams, dana, ray foley, ray darcy or maeve higgins. The lesser of two evils and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Better question, do we need a bloody president?

What is the damn point to it. It's simply jobs for the boys really and I think
    we could do without an more of these ridiculous and pointless positions

• Advertisement

It's such a sham and fake position, that Mary ran a second term unopposed, she wasn't OFFICIALLY elected by the people to run a second term. Something with democracy has to be wrong here. Candidates or opposition or not, no person should be allowed become president unelected by the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Gift Grub saved that mans life.

Unfortunately, I reckon theres quite an amount of truth in that - very sad.

He's a scummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    23.60% voted YES for Bertie

:eek:

no wonder the country is fooked

You dont win a 2 man election with 23.60% of the votes, only 23.60% are idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

walshb wrote: »
    Better question, do we need a bloody president?

What is the damn point to it. It's simply jobs for the boys really and I think
    we could do without an more of these ridiculous and pointless positions

No new laws can be passed without the President's seal of approval. They have the last say on any change to the constitution, and McAleese is certainly qualified for that position

Mary Robinson went on to do great things after her term ended, and is now a member of The Elders

No new laws can be passed without the President's seal of approval. They have the last say on any change to the constitution, and McAleese is certainly qualified for that position

Mary Robinson went on to do great things after her term ended, and is now a member of The Elders

Mary did great things for whom exactly?

Feathered her bloody nest for 7 years and then jumped into a cosy and rewarding
    position with the UN, and taking more money from Eire to send abroad.

Didn't she actually jump ship early from the presidency to take the UN job?
    She hadn't even the decency to see out her term.

BTW, I know about the new laws etc. So, just abolish the presidency and create new
    rules and criteria for passing them. If that's all they are bloody good for, do we
    really need to pay them all that money to sign some documents?

Another thing. I used to read about our current president and how she was so
    generous and was handing out hampers and gifts at Christmas time to all
    the staff. However, nobody bothered to ask if it was out of her pocket, or ours.

• Advertisement

Mary did great things for whom exactly?

Feathered her bloody nest for 14 years and then jumped into a cosy and rewarding
    position with the UN, and taking more money from Eire to send abroad.

Didn't she actually jump ship early from the presidency to take the UN job?
    She hadn't even the decency to see out her term.

BTW, I know about the new laws etc. So, just abolish the presidency and create new
    rules and criteria for passing them. If that's all they are bloody good for, do we
    really need to pay them all that money to sign some documents?

Steady on there, I think Mary R has been a wonderful ambassador for this country. The work she undertook after the left the Aras has been acknowledged around the world as of great benefit to the underpriveliged. She got right up the noses of the US on humanitarian issues so much so that in the end they had her turfed out of the UN. If you knew what you were talking about there's no way in the world could you back up that slander!! Mary cared, and she got off her ass and did something about it, without giving a toss about whose toes she'd step on.

Steady on there, I think Mary R has been a wonderful ambassador for this country. The work she undertook after the left the Aras has been acknowledged around the world as of great benefit to the underpriveliged. She got right up the noses of the US on humanitarian issues so much so that in the end they had her turfed out of the UN. If you knew what you were talking about there's no way in the world could you back up that slander!! Mary cared, and she got off her ass and did something about it, without giving a toss about whose toes she'd step on.

Cared? The same way Geldof and Bono care? That type of care...

Care my ar&^. She was paid a handsome sum to care. Don't make out she wasn't well compensated or did it because she's so caring. Living a nice cosy life whilst lecturing others on poverty.

She took that high profile job for what she could get, like the majority in
    those positions. Mother Theresa she was definitely not

Cared? The same way Geldof and Bono care? That type of care...

Care my ar&^. She was paid a handsome sum to care. Don't make out she wasn't well compensated or did it because she's so caring. Living a nice cosy life whilst lecturing others on poverty.

She took that high profile job for what she could get, like the majority in
    those positions. Mother Theresa she was definitely not

Your wrong, I suggest you do some reading into the matter before you go down the familiar cynical road of knocking people who get paid more than you do, just for the sake of it.. Oh and comparing her to that other two, Bono and Geldof, a cheap shot to support a weak argument.

Advertisement