Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hori bringing the Fight(ing Sticks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Not bad eh! I wouldn't mind one of those VX sticks if it is common ground and has quick disconnects.

About the HRAPV, the start button is in a horrible place and why are the stick and buttons so low down?! There's barely any wrist room at the bottom. They should shift them up an inch

Edit: What do you think kiki, will they be easily moddable (the VX model)? If they wanna compete with madcatz surely they should do this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Some guys on SRK think the brochure specifically mentions being able to change the stick in the V3/VX sticks, so it might be possible to change the buttons with QDs too. I wouldn't bet on it, though. :-/

As for the Start button placement on the HRAP Vee, I'm not worried -- you'd have to hold your wrist at really weird angles to ever accidentally hit it! :D
    As for wrist room -- I think it's both deceptive (HRAP Vee is WIIIIIIIDE :D) and probably not an issue. After all, no-one's ever complained of wrist room on a Vewlix panel...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Could you change the last picture to a link, because it doesnt resize.

Could you change the last picture to a link, because it doesnt resize.
    Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SamoZlo

anyone using that FSV3 with PS3 and SFIV? is it worth EUR50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SamoZlo wrote: »
    anyone using that FSV3 with PS3 and SFIV? is it worth EUR50?

They're not out yet.

The Fight Stick 3 is a grand stick. Well worth €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

:eek: i want that vewlix panel.....:eek:

alot of them loks nice the r.a.p stick looks solid too,also the new hori's look

like art mods would be easy, are these not out yet?

if not anyone know when they are?

Not out yet. Those pics were from a display unit at a games convention. They may not even be the final designs.

My guess is that the tekken sticks will be out soon for the launch of the new tekken, the others could be early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

animaX wrote: »
    the others could be early next year

I'm guessing just in time for Super!!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I'm guessing just in time for Super!!

We can only hope! Really want a VX

• Advertisement

The Fighting Stick V3 + VX should be out this month for around €45-50.
    I'll post up when I see them.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The Fighting Stick V3 + VX should be out this month for around €45-50.
    I'll post up when I see them.

Are you serious?! Will that be in jap only? By the way kiki, will jap/us sticks work on pal consoles yeah? Play-asia always says "compatible with xbox360 US" but they gotta be multi-region right

Well... don't forget shipping costs :-/
    And yes, peripherals are always region-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Slightly off topic but does anyone know of a shop which has these things on demo so you can try them out. They're expensive and I want to see what they are like before I splash out on one. Anyone seen one demo'd in some shop? got the xbox usb pad for the PC and its absolutely dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

No m8, not in this country anyways. You can't buy most of this stuff in shops over here...

All you can really do is ask some of the lads at the meet ups for a shot of theirs.

1st time I ever used an arcade stick was at the meet ups. Tried out the madcatz SE, TE and a ps2 stick of which I forget the name.

Coming from a pad user I was just as useless on all of them and they all felt kinda the same. You gotta be used to sticks in the 1st place before you start spotting the differences and qualities of other stick and know what you like.

That's why when I get one I;m not gonna splash out on a TE. Sure they're expensive enough. I really wanna get one though. Right now I dunno wtf to do and where to get one, I need the cheapest place but it has to be reliable as I've heard nightmare stories from the likes of amazon and e-bay.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know of a shop which has these things on demo so you can try them out. They're expensive and I want to see what they are like before I splash out on one. Anyone seen one demo'd in some shop? got the xbox usb pad for the PC and its absolutely dire.

If you're only in Kildare, get yourself to one of our Saturday meetups and you can test out several different sticks. There's a big meetup this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

anywhere to buy sticks that deliver to eire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

If you're only in Kildare, get yourself to one of our Saturday meetups and you can test out several different sticks. There's a big meetup this Saturday.
    Is the location a big secret? :D

Is the location a big secret? :D

There are a few threads with the location in. It's in the Xtreme Gaming Centre on Liffey Street in Dublin. It's about ten seconds away from the Ha'penny Bridge.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Ragnorok64 wrote: »
    Fortunately I still had it open in a tab from earlier this morning.
    img20091004124054.jpg

I wonder if we'll be able to mount an LS-32 in there.

:'(

• Advertisement

Thats not too bad! (certainly better than the ex2). It looks like it's common ground (judging by the big copper track on the button board). Also, it looks like it would be pretty easy to remove the button board and install quick disconnect buttons attached to the ribbon cable. It all comes down to whether or not its easy to change the stick

Edit: where did you find this, shoryuken?

Yeah, found it on SRK.
    While it WILL be easy enough to mod, it still means extra expense in cables & QDs. :(

Not all is lost, however - it might be possible to put a JLF plate in there with no mods due to the 4 posts above/below the stock stick.

via SRK
    llx8000 wrote: »
    October listing
    20090928134720746.jpg

Do you like this design?

20090928135301658.jpg

20090928135329624.jpg

http://www.qanba.com/shownews.asp?sendid=68

Full Sanwa & Quick-disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

looks ugly
    no match for my pink hrap2

BEAUTY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

If I can get that at a decent price when it's released I'll be all over that. The only thing I don't like is the text for A B X Y and Start Back and Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    http://sdtekken.com/2009/09/24/sneak-peak-at-horis-new-arcade-stick-line/
    Hori Fighting Stick V3 (PS3)
    3951300658_314035f5f1_b.jpg
    Hori Fighting Stick VX (360)
    3951300076_0fa727bc0a_b.jpg
    My probably absolute favourite of the lot, the Hori Real Arcade Pro V
    3951301058_b26af85954_b.jpg
    And taking the fight to Madcatz: the Licensed Taito Vewlix Control Panel
    3951299594_8006c70df6_b.jpg
    :D:D

*edit*
    via SRK:
    Tekken 6 sticks (wireless on bottom)
    http://grokinfullness.com/tgs2009/DSC_0897.JPG

Has anyone seen any of these in real life (or more likely a stream)?

Ryan hart had the gigantic hori vewlix at svb but I haven't seen any of the rest in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

One of the lads had the hrap V or whatever in cannes

Yeah i saw ryan hart with the huge VLX but i'm not sure if it was his. I think he was just using whatever stick was lying around and it happened to be that beast!

I also saw a HRAP V right at the entrance door to SVB on the third day when people were modding and selling parts etc. Looked nice. I hear they're not quite as heavy as TE's though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not sure I like Hori's answer to the TE, it's super long and the stick/buttons are really far on the left, I wonder would you unbalance it from your lap if you mashed too hard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not sure I like Hori's answer to the TE, it's super long and the stick/buttons are really far on the left, I wonder would you unbalance it from your lap if you mashed too hard...

That was a prototype - happily Hori saw sense and centered the stick and buttons for the final product.

94345251.jpg

Advertisement