Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piddle in Lidl (and I got it all over my hands)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I came across this been awhile since I posted in CI but OP having delivered and handled soft drinks for 5 years, I can tell you many a time I have lifted a case of soft drinks with spillage on them and thought to myself damn what knacker pissed on this. Then realised there was spillage and leaks from other cases of various other drinks in the back of the truck that just happened to leak on to the bottom case. And trust me like you had i not handled these on a daily basis I would have been dead certain it was piss.

The reason you get that piss like smell I found was obviously the chemicals all mixing together with whatever fruit juices they used mixed with dirt and bacteria on the floor/pallet or location where they were stored. Put them all together and you would most definitely think is was urine. The main culprits are juices and diluted drinks.

Now it could well have been urine on the one you picked up but bare in mind spillage can cause this and it doesnt matter how many nappies or how much urine you have come across the spillage is very convincing. Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Nozebleed wrote: »
    No, I'm not looking for compensation but this happened in the middle of foodstuffs, across the aisle from fruit and veg

Are you saying somebody decided to walk in and take a piss in the middle of the aisle?? is this what you are saying?

I've seen a hell of a lot worse than someone walking in and taking a piss in an aisle in retail (seen that too), so it is a possibility!

TBH though the cardboard of the shoe boxes where I used to work last year used to actually strip the skin off our hands with the chemicals on it, wet they did smell like hobos had pissed themselves for the 10th time that day. Absolutly foul.

Advertisement