Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Muscletechie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

Shoulders/Back/Traps/Chest/Light Abs

Shoulders

Dumbbell Overhead Press: 28kg/2 x 10, 30kg/2 x 8, 32kg/2 x 2, 20kg/2 x 10
    I really like barbell but DCU only has 2, so I resorted to dumbbell. Pretty good work but didn't feel it like I would barbell. I keep my palms facing my chest for these.

Arnold Press: 20kg/2 x 10, 22.5kg/2 x 10, 25kg/2 x 8
    Felt really easy today and by that I mean I didn't really hit any sticking points. Burned me up though.

Lateral Fly: 15kg/2 x 8 x 2, 17.5kg/2 x 6

Single Arm Lateral Fly: 20kg x 6/2, 22.5kg x 6/2, 25kg x 4/2
    Completely went 100% on these and held for almost a second at the top of each. Great sets and could physically see the progress.

Anterior Fly: 17.5kg/2 x 6, 20kg/2 x 6 x 2
    I "twisted" while rising on these to get the full flexion I like, and a good burn by the end of each set.

Single Arm Rear Deltoid w/ Pulley: 8.?kg x 10/2 x 3, 6.?kg x 10/2
    I decided to go with a lower weight for higher rep sets on these. I think my back takes over otherwise, and I don't like ending up disproportionate back-to-front in my shoulders because of it.

Single Arm Bent-Over Fly: 10kg x 10/2 x 3
    Just to kill my rear deltoid before starting Back.

Back

Pull-ups: 6 SS, 10 x 3
    I started back with 6 super-slow pull-ups so that I could warm up the muscle group and get my shoulders adjusted to the motion before cranking out the rest. Worked out great because I felt it more in my back than I normally would.

Wide-Grip Overhand Pull-down with Bar: 33.25kg/2 x 6 x 2, 43.25kg/2 x 4, 36.75kg/2 x 6

Close-Grip Underhand Pull-down with Bar: 43.25kg/2 x 6 x 3, 46.75kg/2 x 4
    Great flexion on both these and the overhand, could really feel the lateral heads of my lats burning.

Fixed-Bar Pull-over: 40kg x 4
    Our dumbbells only go up to 34kg, this was a waste of time due to awkwardness of balancing it while trying to stay properly positioned and get good flexion.

Dumbbell Pull-Over: 34kg x 10 x 4
    These really felt easy and frustratingly so...

Bent-Over Barbell Row (Overhand): 50kg x 10, 60kg x 10 x 2

Bent-Over Barbell Row (Underhand): 60kg x 10 x 3
    I took both types of rows very slow and really felt them along the center of my back with every rep. Beginning to not even have trouble doing either of these while staying stable/breathing properly.

Deadlift: 50kg x 15 x 5
    I chose low-weight, high-rep because 1. didn't have the plates to do heavy given so many people were in the weight room and 2. didn't want to kill my back doing dragon flags later on.

Trapezius

Plate Shrugs: 25kg/2 x 20 x 4
    I decided to try out L's plate shrug method, but these are the heaviest plates we have to work with so it wasn't too intense for comfort. Took them slow and easy to guard the neck, and could feel a good swell in both my traps and levatator scapulae by the end. I'd like to do more neck work (SCM etc), but we don't have the "4-Way Neck" machine here like back home.

Chest

Dumbbell Press: 34kg/2 x 10 x 2, 34kg/2 x 8, 30kg/2 x 6 x 2
    Couldn't secure a bench press for so long that I had to make do with these. Nothing special about 'em...

Dumbbell Fly: 15kg/2 x 10, 20kg/2 x 6 x 2

Chest Fly Machine: 95kg x 6, 105kg x 6, 125kg x 3, 95kg x 4, 65kg x 10
    I chose to do a lot of sets on this to really kill my chest down the midline. I normally hit so much outer head that today I chose to focus inside.

Bench Press: 75kg x 12 x 2, 75kg x 8
    Finally got one but couldn't get any weights, it got the job done eventually.

Dumbbell Low-to-High Fly: 15kg x 10 x 3
    Just to be thorough.

Abs
    I chose to go light on abs today due to the DOMS yesterday.

Dragon Flag: 6, 4
    Could barely do these, still stiff from the other day and not wanting DOMS again.

Piking Leg Raise: 10 x 2

Oblique Rotation Machine: 85kg x 10/2 x 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

I finally found where they hide the scale at DCU... I only weigh 72kg. I've had my body fat drop to 2.2% before and now I'm panicking that my heart's going to give out. Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

man the program you are using is not going to be friendly to your shoulders - i would drop about 50% of what you are doing as its only going to burn you out and you will never increase your strength significantly with it.

Advertisement