Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedding for animal rescue

Options
  • 25-09-2009 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Any rescue centre in or around Dublin in need of bedding right now?
    I have a few duvets, blankets, sheets, etc., available and will deliver if it's not too too far from the north side!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Ashton Pound on River Road would be glad of it I'm sure. That's near Blanch and Finglas. Don't know of any other local enough places for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Thanks!
    Dropped in there this morning and gave them a few bags of bedding.
    Lots of volunteers walking the dogs around the grounds, such a friendly lot!
    Dogs... and volunteers. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

On a similar note--Do you think rescus centres would have use for old clothes as bedding?

At least once every few weeks we fill one of those charity bags with old clothes (which btw I dont particularly agree with) and if rescues had a use for them I`d prefer to give it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

That's a good question Hellrazer. I wonder would there be any safety concerns,buttons and zips maybe? I'm sure there's someone on here who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

The shelter I volunteer at sometimes uses old jumpers for cats beds, mind you though there usually either wooly or fleecy jumpers with no zips or anything, theres a good few school jumpers and pyjama tops up there!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Never thought of that Hellrazer! Good idea - thanks dee - must do it ourselves, as some of those collect charity bags aren't good places so I'd prefer to give to the animals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OH no I started another thread about giving books for a charity sale, I didn't think of this thread. I wonder would it be worth your while to change this thread title and have it so people can offer things?

If so - big box of books available. Very mixed, would do for a charity fundraising sale. I can hold onto them for a while.

(if it's ok to leave that there, could a mod please delete my other thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

dee o gee wrote: »
    The shelter I volunteer at sometimes uses old jumpers for cats beds, mind you though there usually either wooly or fleecy jumpers with no zips or anything, theres a good few school jumpers and pyjama tops up there!!
    That's good to know, because sometimes I'm forced to throw away a few things that are not good enough for a charity shop but definitely still have some worth.

Advertisement