Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Leary - Ganley debate

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Finally a great Irish debate. I have to say it was hilarious. As much as I hate ryanair I think he won the debate yesterday. Far better talker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I have to say I totally disagree. O'Leary was his usual consistent self in terms of brilliant soundbyte type statements but he couldnt debate. Hes scathing in his comments and I love his directness but he certainly didnt 'win' last night in his debating capability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Sizzler wrote: »
    I have to say I totally disagree. O'Leary was his usual consistent self in terms of brilliant soundbyte type statements but he couldnt debate. Hes scathing in his comments and I love his directness but he certainly didnt 'win' last night in his debating capability.

He wasn't there to win "in his debating capability".

Nothing new from either of them. This was just a personal slanging match where all that these two were ever going to say was said in the first two minutes. The rest was all directed at their respective opponent.

O'Leary was correct to dispel the myths about losing a commissioner and not having a say over taxation. Ganley was wrong. Simple.

Pat Cox showed up MacDonald and it was especially entertaining when she started quoting Murdoch news publications and preaching about the 'Arms Industry' which is ironic considering that Ganley is a defence contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's at least one big thread about this in the EU forum guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement