Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now do what your told

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen the vandalized YES posters in Galway?

with a sticker across them with little piggies and text "now do what your told, again"

I cant believe the NO side would sink to an even lower level :(

shame on ye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ei.sdraob wrote: »

with a sticker across them with little piggies and text "now do what your told, again"

shame on ye

It doesn't even make sense. They didn't do what they were told last time.

Also, they're saying the EU is going to force abortion and EUthanasia on us so putting stickers on posters is really a step up. I've been tempted myself to pull down the posters with the more blatant lies on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It doesn't even make sense. They didn't do what they were told last time.

Also, they're saying the EU is going to force abortion and EUthanasia on us so putting stickers on posters is really a step up. I've been tempted myself to pull down the posters with the more blatant lies on them

i remember during first Lisbon

there was one poster vandalized in this fashion at bohemore roundabout

now its a whole campaign and these are all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I've seen them, disgraceful carry on.

Seems some peoples idea of 'democracy' is a competition to find out who can shout loudest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I took the livestock on the stickers to be sheep.

There's a rather amusing one on the roundabout at the Galway Clinic which is a tricolour with the probing question "For what died the sons of Roisin?". I'm no Luke Kelly expert but I'm pretty sure there isn't a line in that song about defacing national flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

No posters have disappeared around Moate - yet the Yes posters still proliferate. Personally, all posters should be banned. They are an eyesore and both sides are misleading the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Don't worry - the hundred thousand 'donated' to FF for its Lisbon campaign by its ALDE partners will keep their posters flying up like nobody's business - I saw the next wave of them starting to go up the night before last.

The 'No to nuts' posters are apparently illegal btw.

And who the hell are 'Liberal'? "Have yourself a Treaty?" Worst yes side poster - ever!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Don't worry - the hundred thousand 'donated' to FF for its Lisbon campaign by its ALDE partners...
    I seem to remember you making this accusation before. I also seem to remember you being asked for evidence for it. I don't seem to recall you producing any.

Please do so, or retract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I seem to remember you making this accusation before. I also seem to remember you being asked for evidence for it. I don't seem to recall you producing any.

Please do so, or retract.

My previous 'accusation' was that FF was funded by the public. Through taxes. And then has spent these taxes.

And the other I thought was common knowledge.

Sorry, I was wrong. It isn't E100,000 - it's E125,000
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0914/1224254475828.html

But of, course, I'm sure you will say that the Irish Times is run by a Libertas conspiracy.... like the Wall Street Journal... and the Financial Times... and Sunday Times... and...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

and how much are UKIP (who have no Irish representatives) spending in sending leaflets to every house?

i cant find any figures :( but surely it cant be cheap

/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

shame on ye

maybe its those goddman ballot spoilers!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

My previous 'accusation' was that FF was funded by the public. Through taxes. And then has spent these taxes.

And the other I thought was common knowledge.

Sorry, I was wrong. It isn't E100,000 - it's E125,000
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0914/1224254475828.html
    I stand corrected.
    But of, course, I'm sure you will say that the Irish Times is run by a Libertas conspiracy.... like the Wall Street Journal... and the Financial Times... and Sunday Times... and...
    I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

This from the side that vandalizes public and private property to get their message across. I'm not surprised. Absolute scumbags.

On the topic of "doing what we're told", I have to laugh whenever I see a particular poster from PANA, who are usually telling us to stand up for ourselves and our independence, which says "FOLLOW THE FRENCH AND DUTCH"

Advertisement