Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons...Group or one on one?

• 25-09-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just wondering what people think is the best way to get guitar lessons as an "improver" rather than a begginner?

I'd imagine group would be more craic but one on one would be more productive in the long run?

Anyone on here have experience of both that could compare them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Personally and as a teacher, I would say one to one. I taught group glasses and they were a nightmare. Unless you're teaching theory or a piece to more accomplished musicians it's going to be a disaster as people have different needs when it comes to the practical end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

newportwex wrote: »

I'd imagine group would be more craic

Probably, but you are not paying for that. ;) While group classes are generally cheaper, I think one to one is best if you can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I did group lessons for a few years. I had a really great time and met my very best friend there. But any serious learning I did in my own time. The classes never got past strumming along to songs.

Advertisement