Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to Vodafone transfer problem

• 25-09-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hello all - my first post on Broadband thread and basically I haven't got a clue so please be nice!

Apologies if this has been asked before - I had a quick look through page 1 on the forum but couldn't see anything.

I recently changed broadband & phone provider from Eircom to Vodafone (within last 2 weeks) although I have not actually received any documentation from Vodafone to say when the changeover will actually take place.

Yesterday evening I had no broadband whatsoever in the house, either via PC or Wii and this morning it is the same - I'm posting this from work.

Is this because of the changeover - is there a time lag between Eircom stopping my connection and Vodafone starting theirs - I was under the impression that the transition would be seamless (or as seamless as these things are!)

My router seems fine - all the lights that should be on ARE on as far as I can see - there are certainly no red lights anyway.

All help gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Apologies for the thread title - I posted it before I had a chance to edit it and now I can't seem to change it - sorry about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Why don't you try ringing Vodafone or Eircom or both?

Because I don't have access to my phone line, modem etc while at work which I will need if I ring customer services so I just wanted to throw the question out there before I got home tonight to see if anybody could shed some light on it beforehand. Also the accounts are in my wife's name so they won't talk to me and and she is at home with 2 sick children so she doesn't have time to ring and sort out (and she is more clueless than me anyway)

Thanks for your help anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you cancel with eircom, by any chance? There shouldn't be any down time when you switch from eircom to Vodafone, as it's the same thing, and there's no hardware switch over (like you would get with Magnet or Smart).

Does the phone still work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

When I moved from eircom to Vodafone they sent me new login details for my router which I had to use before eircom cut me off. It was completely seamless I seemed to have access via both eircom and Vodafone at the same time, but maybe eircom cut your account quicker than mine.

Maybe try changing your login details on your router by going to 192.168.1.254 and change the username to vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband as password.

• Advertisement

Cheers everybody

I managed to sort it out now - Eircom had cut us off from yesterday but Vodafone weren't aware that we needed to be connected yet! I also had a non-Eircom router so that was also causing problems.

Anyway fingers crossed that all is well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Eircom causing grief, hmmmmmmmmmm. Suppose this happens sometime but hopefully you get everything sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Same issue here - Eircom/BT disconnected me before I got configuration details (or indeed any communication) from Vodafone

Turns out they did have the correct email for me but the home address was pure nonsence

Advertisement