Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter outside the Spar shop.

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:00pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭

[Rant]
    What is it with all the litter outside the Spar shop?
    Are some people so ignorant and lazy that they cannot make the two meter journey to one of the three bins located right beside the benches?
    If the bins are full can they cannot carry their waste a few yards to some of the many other bins nearby?

I really wonder what goes (or doesn't go) through the minds of some of these ****wits who get up from their hot chicken roll and box of wedges and simply leaves their rubbish there.

Do they not see the mess they and others cause?
    If they do and don't care should they be kicked out of the University country for being too stupid?
    [/Rant]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

bone idle laziness. there are bins the whole way round the bloody courtyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Last night was a disgrace.
    Bins were knocked over everrrywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ya I noticed this too. I guess the majority of people are idiots, the bins are literally in front of your face! Its nearly more of an effort throwing the rubbish on the ground rather than in the bloody bins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Yeah, I came in this morning and it was a tip, really suprising, paper and bottles slung about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah it's a massive problem, the place is a state every evening. And to add to that, the way people leave the common room upstairs is a disgrace too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

common room and outside spar are always disasters

logical conclusion the general college public are assholes who dont give a ****

sometimes the bins are full but even that isnt really an excuse

something should be done particularly about the common room some sort of voluntary rotating enforcer who can make people clean up after themselves and has the power to ask for college id card and then ban certain students from the common room is the only solution that i can see working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

I think its down to more than lazyness, id say wen ppl are in a group eating those ****ty rolls they dont wanna seem uncool by puttin the wrapper thing in the bin. Its a combination of lazyness and peer pressure

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think its down to more than lazyness, id say wen ppl are in a group eating those ****ty rolls they dont wanna seem uncool by puttin the wrapper thing in the bin. Its a combination of lazyness and peer pressure

That would be unbelievably sad. What kind of knobhead do you have to be to think that littering like that is acceptable? You're a University student FFS, not a five year old.

It seems to me that they simply expect someone else to clean up after them and won't do anything they don't want to unless explicitly forced to do so.

A Drill Sargent stationed at those benches would make my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Those benches are disguisting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

It is a sad state of affairs alright.
    The litter around the front of the shop and often at the benches outside of the Scholars too is a disgrace!
    We are talking about people who are supposedly adults, aged from 17 upwards, and they dont have the decency or common courtesy to use bins.

Imo a litter guardian ought to be brought into the University. Litter fines would be a good idea. [with the proceeds possibly going to Charity]

It would quickly clamp down on whats going on, because Mammy doesnt work in the real world, and she isnt there to clean up after the mess that is left!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Mossin wrote: »
    Litter fines would be a good idea. [with the proceeds possibly going to Charity]

Is it not already a €125 fine? I'm sure I read that somewhere (one of those pamphlets they leave in the houses I think).

I must say I haven't really noticed it, although I rarely pass that way after 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The canteen can be bad as well with chocolate wrappers and cans left on the tables right next to the bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Seachmall wrote: »
    Is it not already a €125 fine? I'm sure I read that somewhere (one of those pamphlets they leave in the houses I think).

My point being that somebody needs to start enforcing those fines.
    No point having something written down as a rule, and then everybody disregarding it without any consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

It's a ****ing disgrace is what it is. I had to clean the rubbish outside spar the other day(work in there). Some people are animals. Some people are just spoon fed their entire lifes and find in acceptable to let others clean up after them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I wonder if it is as simple as putting a notice on the tables to remind all students that they should remove their rubbish and place it in a bin provided.

I really wonder if they really think they don't have to do it themselves. Then again if they were that stupid they wouldn't be able to read.

Advertisement