Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show (25th September)

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Impersonations - alright
    Jokes - TERRIBLE

Oh ha ha 'I'm David Norris and I like waxworks because of all the stiff men'. Thats just obnoxious. And crude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Good lord that was absolutely horrible.

While this chap may be a relatively accurate impressionist; if this passes for funny, then I have 4 mickeys.

Booking the guy who does the sh*t spar ads to tell mildly 'risque' jokes that only a 4th class remedial student would find funny is a bit a little bit sad.

Was Mario Rosenstock busy tonight?

I guess Im a 4th class remedial student so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

what was the name of the band singing the new york song thingy, anyone know? cheers

Yeah I'd be interested too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

amdublin wrote: »
    Blah blah blah

Blah show.

I thought it started and ended badly, but the interviews with the lovely breast cancer lady and Dearbhla Walsh were pretty good. And the awful band were dowplayed, and he didn't spend half an hour wandering around the audience like a lost lamb. Progress? I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Steve01 wrote: »

Oh ha ha 'I'm David Norris and I like waxworks because of all the stiff men'. Thats just obnoxious. And crude.

And Hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Steve01 wrote: »
    Impersonations - alright
    Jokes - TERRIBLE

A sign of desperation when one is not getting the laughs from the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 HankScorpio

Simple as this. This fella has been doing p*ss poor impressions for the last few years. He gets a show on 2FM and has been on the Late Late at least 3 times in the past 2 years.
    Why is it RTE feel the need to give exposure to a an impersonator who gives very mediocre impressions at best with equally bad material. The past 10 mins he's been on have been an awful excuse for prime time entertainment.
    Why does this plonker get such exposure?????? He's absolutley terrible.

he didn't spend half an hour wandering around the audience like a lost lamb. Progress? I hope so.

I agree with the rest of your points.

But I think he spent as much time as usual in with the audience.

amdublin wrote: »
    Night all. See you next week.

Seconded. You guys are ... just... wonderful!

See y'all next week. This is so much more fun than just watching television and shouting at the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Simple as this. This fella has been doing p*ss poor impressions for the last few years. He gets a show on 2FM and has been on the Late Late at least 3 times in the past 2 years.
    Why is it RTE feel the need to give exposure to a an impersonator who gives very mediocre impressions at best with equally bad material. The past 10 mins he's been on have been an awful excuse for prime time entertainment.
    Why does this plonker get such exposure?????? He's absolutley terrible.

Terrible is about right. I thought Tubridy looked a little embarrassed at times during the desperation-tinged rapid fire impersonations, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

what was the name of the band singing the new york song thingy, anyone know? cheers

Paloma Faith? At least I think that's what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

cashback wrote: »
    Paloma Faith? At least I think that's what he said.

yep that be her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZXFQiOdyQ4&feature=channel_page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

15 pages of mostly negative comment about a show that there's a 15 page thread about.

I'm definitely missing something here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I can't believe Tony Christie had the nerve to show his face in Ireland again after his woeful "concert" in Vicar St a number of months ago when he was boo-ed big-time off the stage.
    If there is anyone in Cork thinking about going to see him "perform", I would advise you to save your money.
    My wife used to be a big fan of his and we were at that gig and it was incredible. He mainly sang songs from his new album, he didn't know the words so he kept putting his glasses on while singing to check his lyric sheet which he had on a stand in front of him. All the audience wanted to hear were renditions of his "greatest hits" but they were few and far between. It ended up with him leaving the stage without notice amid loud choruses of "we want our money back!" from the mainly middle-aged and bitterly disappointed audience.
    Predictably, there were callers to the Joe Duffy Show the next day giving out yards about him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

CUCINA wrote: »
    He mainly sang songs from his new album,

Good; fair play to him!
    he didn't know the words so he kept putting his glasses on while singing to check his lyric sheet which he had on a stand in front of him.
    Awful muppetry of the highest order
    dont know the songs
    dont sing them!
    Money back!

Then again he is an old man, memory might be going?
    All the audience wanted to hear were renditions of his "greatest hits" but they were few and far between.

Was it a "greatest hits" tour?

NO?:eek:
    Predictably, there were callers to the Joe Duffy Show the next day giving out yards about him...

Guess he wasnt the only muppet in the room:rolleyes:

/
    If people hate the LL show enough to fill a thread about it being awful EVERY week, they should do what the rest of us do and not watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Divorced seven years ago. Still, I'd say she got enough money to keep her in a manner to which she is accustomed to

it's a wonder the sindo didn't plaster that all over the rag that it is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    15 pages of mostly negative comment about a show that there's a 15 page thread about.

There's no reason why you should be missing something Dr Nick. We like to comment on the show in real time, and in last nights show there was nothing really positive to comment upon. We're hoping some Friday the positive will outweigh the negative but there are few breaths being held. Just hope the production staff throw an eye on the thread to gauge the feeling on the ground. Highlight of the show, Paloma Faith, lowlight, this is easy, Oliver Callinan. A blight on Irish comedy. He actually beat Tony Christie to get that dubious honour. cheesh..

I think you are. I don't always like the Late Late Show, but it is important. It's a prime chunk of the Irish cultural landscape. Why does it strike you as strange that people would want to comment on it, good or bad?

Football fans can spend much of match time disappointed in or angry at the players. That doesn't mean they're not fans. The club is is bigger than any individual player, or any particular team.

Are you suggesting that people should only comment on things they like? Why would that be a good idea? I'm not arguing with you here, by the way. I'm genuinely curious as to what you might mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You should change your settings, there's only 6 pages for me.

I think you are. I don't always like the Late Late Show, but it is important. It's a prime chunk of the Irish cultural landscape. Why does it strike you as strange that people would want to comment on it, good or bad?

Football fans can spend much of match time disappointed in or angry at the players. That doesn't mean they're not fans. The club is is bigger than any individual player, or any particular team.

Are you suggesting that people should only comment on things they like? Why would that be a good idea? I'm not arguing with you here, by the way. I'm genuinely curious as to what you might mean.

I think most of us look at it for the reasons you give above, and it's great that there's a weekly thread. I like your football analogy.

But why would people keep looking at something when they constantly seem to hate it? Truth is, for many (not all) it's just something else to whinge and moan about, and *some* people just love to whinge and moan. .....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think most of us look at it for the reasons you give above, and it's great that there's a weekly thread. I like your football analogy.

But why would people keep looking at something when they constantly seem to hate it? Truth is, for many (not all) it's just something else to whinge and moan about, and *some* people just love to whinge and moan. .....
    I find it ironic that you're moaning about people moaning.

I find it ironic that you're moaning about people moaning.

But I'm not moaning at all - I'm just wondering why they bother?

Because I want to comment on it and I like to comment on it.

If it bothers you that much you don't have to read the thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sarahc1981

can anyone tell me the name of the group that sang on the late late show on fri night..the 25th sep..the lead singer was female and the song had lyrics about new york in it..only caught the last few seconds of it but it was an amazing song and she had an amazing voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

sarahc1981 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me the name of the group that sang on the late late show on fri night..the 25th sep..the lead singer was female and the song had lyrics about new york in it..only caught the last few seconds of it but it was an amazing song and she had an amazing voice!

13 posts up.

Paloma Faith or something.

Advertisement