Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification with Google apps

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey blacknight,

I've bought a domain and hosting for a website for a new company. We are using Google Apps for the email system etc. and it says I have to verify the domain ownership by either adding a CNAME record or a HTML file with a specific code.

I have no idea what to do and I'm sure you'll need more information but for now I just don't even know what to tell you other than that.

Thanks

EDIT: Also, it says in the control panel when I go to web hosting that "this domain has been reserved for a client of blacknight", does that mean the hosting isn't set up? What do I have to do before I can upload files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Thanks, I've to have this set up by monday. I've to have the website uploaded etc. but I'm starting now and I have no clue how much stuff I've to do, like setting up paths or whatever.
    I don't have a web-space tab on my control panel even though we've paid for it. Can you point me to somewhere that step-by-step shows me everything I need to do to set up my account so I can upload files and the website and people can see it online?

Sorry I'm a complete n00b at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It might be easier if you contact our support team directly with your a/c details.

You can email them: support@blacknight.com or try livechat on our site (phone support is also available)

Regards

Michele

Advertisement