Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of trading my wii and 4 games for a ps3 or xbox 360

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

The games I have are mario galaxy,zelda twilight princess,mario kart and resident evil 4,To tell you the truth I am not into video games as much as I used to be and re 4 and mario kart are the only games I have played much, I haven't really gontten into zelda or mario kart

Do you think I should keep the wi? of if I trade which should I go for xbox 360 or ps3?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Follow your heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

My brother did the same yesterday, traded in his Wii for a PS3 slim. Hadn't touched the Wii for months. If it was me I'd trade it in without hesitation (although I'd still want to get a decent price for it). Have never been a fan of Nintendo's machines/ games so I'd be bias in that regard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

buy a dreamcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

buy a dreamcast.
    Rumour has it that dreamcast games will be available on PSN soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

beware the fanbois lol this thread is gonna get nasty methinks lol!

look at the exclusives on both consoles and decide what you wanna play!

do not let fanbois tell you either xbox or playstation is better!

saying that i have the 360 and i love it but its completely up to you!

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The games I have are mario galaxy,zelda twilight princess,mario kart and resident evil 4,To tell you the truth I am not into video games as much as I used to be and re 4 and mario kart are the only games I have played much, I haven't really gontten into zelda or mario kart

Do you think I should keep the wi? of if I trade which should I go for xbox 360 or ps3?

what about the virtual console?

There is a lot of amazing games on it and not too expensive. I don't think you'd get much for a wii though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

havent used my wee in almost a year, but i still couldn't part with it.. i'd hate to not have it when the sequel to mario galaxy comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

ps3 ftw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

havent used my wee in almost a year, but i still couldn't part with it.. i'd hate to not have it when the sequel to mario galaxy comes out

Same here, haven't used it since Smash Bros came out, but I'd hate to not have one when a new Metroid or Mario game comes out... Damn you Nintendo!

If you have to choose between them, then definitely ditch it for the PS3 or 360

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    ps3 ftw..

Dont start that again or you're not welcome on this thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

my wii hasnt been played in months...literally i forgot i had it..
    360 here i come, just cos all my mates have them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

anyone i know who bought a wii is bored with it over the past year, glad i never bought one in the end, if you trade it in for a ps3 or xbox 360 you'll be getting a much better machine either way, there both great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Dont start that again or you're not welcome on this thread :pac:

eh start what again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone have any idea of the trade in value of a wii against another console in Game & the likes?

That little white doorstep has done nothing but gather dust over the past 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

If youre a gamer, trade it. If you like entertaining elderly relatives at christmas, keep it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you are a gamer keep it. If you sell it you are sure to miss out on a handful of must haves. It's unfortunate that most decent Wii games aren't multiformat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you are a gamer keep it. If you sell it you are sure to miss out on a handful of must haves. It's unfortunate that most decent Wii games aren't multiformat.

Decent Wii games?? I wasn't aware such a thing existed!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DarkJager wrote: »
    Decent Wii games?? I wasn't aware such a thing existed!! :D

You mean apart from Zelda, the (imo) greatest console launch title of all time, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy...
    You'd be right if you were talking about recent games though. I find it quite sad that Mad World is the only game to have aroused any interest in me since I stopped using my Wii 18 months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

tman wrote: »
    I find it quite sad that Mad World is the only game to have aroused any interest in me since I stopped using my Wii 18 months ago...

Snap.

mad world is the only time I have even switched the bloody thing on for in nearly 2 years.

Advertisement