Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an External Dual Layer Burner

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm getting my 360 chipped so was just wondering what would be a good External dual layer burner.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You haven't looked very far
    this topic is only a couple down from yours..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682613

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

I'm on about an External drive not a drive you put into your pc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ah right yea..
    wel you could stick to the same makes that where recamended in that threa though, and go for the external versions of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Maybe get something like this along with the recomended drives from the other thread?

Make sure the drives are IDE or else the above will not work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Are you using a laptop is it? How old is the laptop, sure maybe you can replace the DVD drive with a Dual layer burner in that?

That is a dual layer burner that should in theory work but some drives work better than others for 360 games and the ones recomended on the other page are known to be the best.

Nah mate I'm using a desktop, I just don't want the hassle of taking out the older drive and putting a new one in as I've never done it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

PAU wrote: »
    Nah mate I'm using a desktop, I just don't want the hassle of taking out the older drive and putting a new one in as I've never done it before.

It's really really really easy to do. :) 4 screws and 2 cables to take in and out. It's that simple, honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Have you ever played with LEGO? If yes you can do it ;)

Ok lol, I think I'll give it a try and go for that Sony drive in the other thread.

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement

yea changing a dvd drive i a computer is easy peasy man. just got for an internal one, they're cheaper too. you'll be able to put it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Ok lol, I think I'll give it a try and go for that Sony drive in the other thread.

Cheers guys.

what sony mate? get Pioneer - the best and only option for this

Advertisement